Customize

You've really got them talking, everybody.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by FemAnonz, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Jack's Bullet Member

Re: You've really got them talking, everybody.

I've been wondering, if they get the tax-exempt status removed, will they have to pay back-taxes if they're declared a fraud/scam, or will they be two separate issues??
  2. Major Boyle Member

Easy solution. Chipped Jerky. And STAY ON TARGET. Thx. My Body Thetans thank you.
  3. Major Boyle Member

If indeed it was upheld that the IRS granting the cult tax exempt status was illegal, then yes, the cult would have to retroactively pay all back taxes with interest. And yes, SCOTUS allows such retroactive taxation.
  4. Re: You've really got them talking, everybody.

LOL - I can't wait to start doing this.
  5. Re: You've really got them talking, everybody.

i had printed out the gold info packets with really nice cover and bindings, hoping the news stations I contacted would show up. I printed three and it cost me $60.

I wound up giving two away... people were just amazed at what was in it.

And that's the kiddie stuff, tldr version
  6. monamia Member

good work--
    keep your originals.
  7. Arachne Member

I'm not sure about that. If the 'illegal status' was due to them lying to the IRS (fraud of some sort), then yes. But as I recall, in CoS's case, they made some kind of "special case" thing for them; changing that probably wouldn't have them owing retroactive taxes.
  8. Re: You've really got them talking, everybody.

People really are talking about anon, it's brilliant.

I was at lunch with some work people and was having a bit of an offside chat with a mate who was asking for a lift somewhere on the 27th. I said I probably wouldn't be around cos I was protesting. Someone over-heard and asked me what, when i told them someone else chipped in "Oh, with those people who wear the weird masks with the little beard?"

They wanted to know more and I think I got them all on our side. I busted out that Hubbard thought that being gay was cased by being run over with a steamroller, backed it up with a citation in an email later.

We're really getting into the public conciousness. I live about 80 miles from the nearest Org.
  9. Bokeh Member

Buckler (beer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The brand Buckler in holland was completely destroyed in Holland after an influential comedian had massive nerdrage about buckler and it only being drunk by losers who don't get drunk. Nobody was stupid enough to drink it afterwards and Heineken eventually discontinued the brand over here.

Estimated costs: $180m
  10. anonski Member

St. Louisfag here... Thanks for the great post. Sometimes it's easy to feel like we're not really doing anything out here in the backwaters, but stories like this give me reason to keep going.

We got mentioned on local college radio this morning too - 89.9 out of Godfrey, IL. The DJs said that they were at the org yesterday and daring each other to go into the open house and do a stress test, but chickened out because of everything they've heard from us. I came.

I caught the tail end of them talking about anonymous, so I'm not sure exactly what they said before they switched topics to scientology... but on the topic of scientology, they were using phrases like 'brainwashing cult,' 'kookey,' 'not really a religion,' 'against homosexuals,' 'disqualified if you've ever taken psych meds..' etc.

What's really interesting is that I know these guys are not anons and have not protested with us.
  11. Vir Member

The US/South was winning the battles but lost the war. Likewise, it seems we are winning now, but much of the on-the-ground wins against the cult might be partly reversed in other areas. Hopefully the Vietnam analogy doesn't fit.
  12. Major Boyle Member

The problem is that SCOTUS said they weren't a religion. Since when can the executive branch ignore a SCOTUS ruling? Simply put, the agreement is illegal. As long as the Supreme Court says Scientology is not a religion, then it IS NOT A RELIGION.
    Until the court changes its mind, the US government is bound by its decision.
  13. elvanon Member

Winning winning winning it is a cummulative thing.
    Look at all the articles all the interviews all the fliers all the annons and non anons who like anons. The people who are bravened and inspired by anons.

Look at all the information that is getting around, all the youtube views.
    Chanologies first video viewed over 3 million times a week ago or so!

Like Tom Cruise said he will read about SP's in the history books sometime.!!!

Even he gets it even if he doesn't get what he's got. You get it?
  14. A_nonchalant Member

Dude, I don't know why these other fuckers are telling you you're a backwater. I usually keep an eye out for St. Louis posts 'cause it's guaranteed win.

I don't know - I see a lot of the "winning the battle" mentality among Co$. Take Philadelphia. They won the "battle" when they got Anons shifted away from the org, but their victory was erased when City Council decided they were wasting their permits. Result: Scientology managed to fight back against one protest, but poisoned the City Council against Co$ and made Anonymous look like the good guys. Likewise with suing Boston Gregg or Sean Carasov - when the news hits, we're all like, "OMG NOOEEZ!" but the resulting media coverage is a chance to push our message and Anonymous always delivers.
  15. AnonyFag Member

^^FUCKING THIS
  16. Arachne Member

Like I said, my understanding was that CoS gets its tax exemption from some kind of "special case" that doesn't require the government to strictly abide by the Supreme Court's ruling about whether it's a religion. If establishing the "special case" is illegal in some way, then it may be that the CoS will be forced to pay taxes in the future. However, I can't imagine how they'd be forced to pay back-taxes unless the illegal situation came about specifically because they lied about or misrepresented something in order to get the special status.

If I could only get in the habit of posting here when I'm not dog tired, I could probably actually get the dox to show you about the whole IRS thing.
  17. AnonyFag Member

Did someone say dox?? OMNOMNOMNOM