Customize

YouTube video yanked - copyright infringement of KESQ-TV

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by Smurf, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Disco Necked Member

vlcsnap-8952154.png
  2. tamsonsbairn Member

3. 3rdMan Member

XENU-TV POSTS NEWS. WBM's account was taken down by KESQ.

http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?p=5189

Nathan Baca writes to the news director of KESQ.

4. Smurf Member

Monday, May 2, 2011

To: garry90069@yahoo.com
    Cc: "'Mike Stutz'" <Mike.Stutz@npgco.com

RE: [#798402240] YouTube Support

Dear Mr. Scarff, I was very careful in selecting videos to be removed. I must have made a mistake and I apologize. I will not pursue it any further and your material should be restored.

Bob Smith
    Director of News and Promotion
    KESQ-TV/KDFX-TV/KCWQ-TV/KUNA-TV
    42-650 Melanie Place
    Palm Desert, California92211
    NEVER MISS A STORY! Log on to www.kesq.com
    • Like Like x 7
  5. adhocrat Member

"I was very careful."

Uh, yeah, right.
    At least he acknowledged his mistake.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. anonymous612 Member

Does tell us one thing, though. Bob Smith is, from the sound of it, personally responsible for picking what videos to pull.

Way to draw everyone's attention to yourself, Bob.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Disco Necked Member

8. DeathHamster Member

I figured that they just hired the people the RIAA were using to find all those pirate grandmothers.
  9. AnonLover Member

bullshit meter goes beep beep beep.... if he was careful, and hit smurfs raw footage - the only thing he was doing carefully was typing in the list of which vids to slap down that was handed too him.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. another123 Member

I agree. Either this guy is a complete buffoon when it comes to the internetz (i think a 12 year old's first time on would have stronger googlefu) or it's tinfoil time. Beginning to wonder if this guy's previous position was chief sandwich getter.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ann O'Nymous Member

Can't you read ? If the issue is copyright infringment, as stated, all videos would have been removed.

(FTR I did not check this myself. I tend to believe first poster - as it provides figures - until proven wrong.)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anon500 Member

DMCA complaints are made under penalty of perjury. Good luck getting somebody prosecuted for it though.
  13. RightOn Member

welp, it looks like once again that this will end up bringing a lot more attention to the COS vids then if they just left them be.
    This may be yet another COS footbullet on the horizon if this doesn't get resolved.

So only the COS vids were yanked? That is very telling and can not be denied that is was pressure from orders of the tiny one. What other explanation can they use for concentrating just on those vids?
    I mean COS does not own the vids. But yet COS put pressure on KESQ to take them down? THAT IS INTERESTING.

Unless KESQ yanks ALL the KESQ vids, they have a lot of 'splainin to do as to why these particular vids were taken down.
    And that Mike Stutz guy? Man, ain't he a nasty puddin'?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. moarxenu Member

I am giving Stutz the benefit of the doubt and assuming he was having a bad hair day. Surliness, however, is not a good affective posture for the KESQ managers to take if they want successful resolution of this flap.

I suggest they put out an announcement like the following:

KESQ is gratified to see the response from our readers and the high regard with which they hold the videos posted on YouTube of our ten-segment investigative series on the conflict between Anonymous and the Church of Scientology. We remain proud of the work the KESQ staff has done reporting on controversial issues.

We have therefore instructed YouTube that we are withdrawing our DMCA requests and asking them to restore all videos to user channels and particularly those whose accounts have been closed.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. JohnnyRUClear Member

So the only KESQ videos which are copyrighted material are the Scientology ones?
  16. desertfae Member

No, they shut down my channel too.. I'm Rachel Begley, the daughter of Ralph Boger (The Octopus Murders).
    They have not been trying to get these down (at least mine) for two years, if so, why would they have invited me to the studio late last June and not said a thing, but instead did an interview with me?. Liars.
    Also, I called them last Friday and spoke with Tim who is a complete jerk btw.
    They targeted me and you guys, I'm not aware of any other vids they targeted.
    As a matter of fact, they flagged the same vid over and over 6 times within a 2 min time period trying to shut down my youtube before they figured out it had to be seperate vids.
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Smurf Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. JohnnyRUClear Member

Hi, Rachel. Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for weighing in. I recall noticing there'd been some decent coverage of that "Octopus" situation by at least one of the media outlets in the SW; in fact, wasn't/isn't Nathan Baca responsible for some of that??

What in the world has gotten into the water at KESQ?
  19. Anonymous Member

....Pacheco?

I see something about a conflict of interest he had with the Hughes case.
    the Riverside DA's office doesn't seem to be too interested in either the Hughes case,
    or in dealing with CoS.

Might they have some connection with "the call" to KESQ?
  20. Anonymous Member

Oh.
    hnnf. Apparently!

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/vm,fred,alvarez,jimmy,hughes,john,powers,email,1,4,09.html

Yeah.
    "copyright". Its a great reason to take down and squash any trace or mention of a series that won you guys awards, and ought to be proud of.

Way to go!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Smurf Member

Rod Pacheco is no longer Riverside DA. Plus, he's suing his former employer. Rod is now in private practice with a Los Angeles law firm specializing in white collar crime.

http://www.instantriverside.com/2010/12/da-rod-pacheco-riverside-county-lawsuit/
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

I understood that KESQ management were not happy with Nathan quitting their station for another one.
  24. Anonymous Member

FFS so all of these takedowns boil down to butthurt professional jellisy? Guess when Baca took his big brass balls with him to Vegas, KESQ was left with little teeny tiny jingle balls.

Fuckers.
  25. xenubarb Member

Sounds like all the balls at KESQ left when Nathan did...
  26. Anonymous Member

Do you have a copy somewhere that I can mirror?
  27. Anonymous Member

These cards reveal the possibility of an #opKESQ.
    13zpx10.jpg
  28. LocalSP Member

I would not be surprised to read in the near future, "Church of Scientology to Buy KESQ."
  29. DeathHamster Member

So, is the takedown more connected with Nathan Baca rather than Scientology? (Either way, it's retarded.)

Let them use their powers of DMCA subtraction against the Internet's force of multiplication.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

This was uploaded today and is related to all this:

• Like Like x 2
  31. Smurf Member

Mark misspoke. My video has not been put back up... yet.
  32. Anonymous Member

The thought of watching WBM lying down going through various assists made me shiver. But in the name of cult busting, I'll make the sacrifice and open my eyes.
  33. JohnnyRUClear Member

Some funny stuff going on in WBMville. The touch assist story is the stuff of instant classics. :D
  34. Smurf Member

• Like Like x 4
  35. jensting Member