Customize

YouTube video yanked - copyright infringement of KESQ-TV

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by Smurf, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Smurf Member

Anyone that has watched my videos know that they are raw.. I don't add bells & whistles, music, graphics or take footage from other sources.. which surprises me when I got this email today from YouTube.

Is it worth my time to file a counter-notification? The video yanked must be an old video because the last time I was at Gold Base where KESQ (and Nathan Baca) was there was well over a year ago.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Friday, April 29, 2011 1:04 PM

To: "XenuSmurf" <garry90069@yahoo.com>

Dear XenuSmurf:

We have disabled the following material as a result of a third-party notification from KESQ-TV claiming that this material is infringing:

Anonymous Raid Gold Base, Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdmWoYHIcc

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If one of your postings has been misidentified as infringing, you may submit a counter-notification. Information about this process is in our Help Center.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material was disabled due to mistake or misidentification may be liable for damages.

Sincerely,

— The YouTube Team
  2. Anonymous Member

Just to clarify - have you actually used KESQ footage, or are they just seen in your own footage from your own camera?
  3. AnonLover Member

do it smurf - if you got hit and had nothing but your own footage, then this reeks of cult goons impersonating KESQ-TV and your rebuttal of will make it easier for WBM and others to also get insta-restored.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Mark Cabian Member

Yes, you should complain.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Smurf Member

I never use clips or footage from other sources. I was at one protest where Nathan Baca & KESQ was present. Naturally, we may have videotaped the same thing on our individual cameras, but I don't see that translating as copyright infringement unless KESQ is claiming their filming at a protest trumps the rights of private citizens not affiliated with a news station filming in the same location during a protest.

Counter complaint filed. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 14
  6. the anti Member

then you should be in the clear, thats total crap
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Does this mean that Bunker, who filmed the same event and was also banned for the same reason, can file a counter complaint? I know he's had problems in the past and it seems that his whole channel is busted now while Smurf's wasn't.
  8. AnonLover Member

Good on you smurf! they over-reached this time... again.... and imo its fitting if its you who gets to smack the ass they just hand you on a silver platter.

Also consider fwd'ing info to EFF - when utube abuse such as this was rampant, we had support from that sector if i recollect rightly.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Smurf Member

I will do that. YouTube should rename itself SuckTube.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. an0nim0uz Member

Both of Mark Bunker's channels are also down.

"YouTube account xenutv1 has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
    • KESQ-TV
    • KESQ-TV"
    Which is an equally bullshit claim.

And it's good that you filed a counter complaint, Smurf. Better do those things as soon as you can, before another complaint comes in, terminating your channel. Sure, they can restore it, but still.

On another note: YouTube sucks more and more.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. P.S. Nathan is now at a Las Vegas station KLAS TV.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Smurf Member

• Like Like x 7
  13. Smurf Member

YouTube removed 49 of my videos in early 2010 after privacy complaints were filed by Rick Moxon & Ava Paquette. One of those yanked was the video which British Mum Susan Talbot saw her daughter Mandy at the HGB for the first time in 10 years. I reposted it on Vimeo and they yanked it as well.
  14. the anti Member

are they aloud to do that?
  15. subgenius Member

My videos of the kesq clips were deleted.....channels still up but there is obviously a concerted thing going on

We have disabled the following material as a result of a third-party notification from KESQ-TV claiming that this material is infringing:
    Scientology Exposed by KESQ (Parts 3 and 4)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBuSmPReKk
    Scientology Exposed by KESQ (Parts 1 and 2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA_gv1uJnX4

The Tommy Davis Interview Parts 1 and 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_V2GZdIJhc

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.
    If one of your postings has been misidentified as infringing, you may submit a counter-notification. Information about this process is in our Help Center.
    Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material was disabled due to mistake or misidentification may be liable for damages.
    Sincerely,
    — The YouTube Team

16. Either someone at KESQ or someone posing.
  17. Smurf Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. AnonLover Member

after much digging, i found this old post from spider

^^Anons previous point of contact with EFF folks
    • Like Like x 4
  19. This might be good info to get to Nathan Baca as well. however I hear that he's got his hands full with the Octopus murders in Las Vegas.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. skeptic2girl Member

I'm not super familiar with youtube, but it's kind of weird how when you click on one of xenutv's vids, it comes up how the acct has been removed due to the complainants, and kesq-tv is listed twice. What did they do, complain twice? Also, youtube says "sorry about that." don't know the anon motto do they
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Orson Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

So, it seems to be confirmed via Baca that this is KESQ acting and not another Scilon fake.

If they are firing DMCAs at other people's material, then they need a smackdown. (A legal one, of course.)
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Mafiawog Member

If it hasn't been done already, someone/somemany of you who have these videos locally, please get some multiupload/rapidshare/etc. packs into the aether ASAP. Make backups, make backups and don't post them, preserve, preserve, preserve.

I wanna make a playable DVD of the reports and mail it to Mike Stutz, the cockhound who replied to Baca asking what was up (see other thread in media.)

Mirrors and socks up!
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Why did you have to add the parenthetical expression at the end? I had almost grabbed my hoodie and baseball bat:(
  25. Anonymous Member

YouTube channel EngramBT has been taken down as well: http://www.youtube.com/engrambt
    Mirrors can be found at dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/KESQ scientology#hp-h-9
  26. an0nim0uz Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. Mafiawog Member

How many total videos were there in the series? 5?
  28. Anonymous Member

^^ There were 10.

Here is some interesting data: There are about 200 vids with KESQ clips of which 85 are currently about Scientology. I spot checked the non-Scientology vids, and they are all there.

It looks like they DMCA'ed on the vids on Scientology. Also looks like KESQ is under pressure, threat, or blackmail from the cult, undoubtedly led by OSAbot Muriel Dufresne at Int Base.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. DeathHamster Member

Dox or at least solid indicators of that?

Sure, they'd have to be complete dicks to hunt down and eradicate any trace of their own excellent series of programs, but there are a lot of complete dicks in this world.
  30. Just like a hydra. Cut off one head. more grow back.
  31. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Hey KESQ!

Q: "Who are you, and why are you doing this?"

A: "We are bad men, and for the money."!

Sound familiar?
  33. Anonymous Member

Would it be a good idea to keep video collections at youtube.ru as a safety measure?
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Anonymous Member

36. Anonymous Member

Dear KESQ managers,

I am a fan of KESQ. And I have collected a lot of videos from your station. Can you explain why you don't want the world to see the truth of Scientology?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArmad?feature=mhum

Yours truly,
    xxx

bsmith

to me, ballen, tkiley

show details 8:20 AM (6 hours ago)

It is copyrighted material.

Bob Smith
    Director of News and Promotion
    KESQ-TV/KDFX-TV/KCWQ-TV/KUNA-TV
    42-650 Melanie Place
    Palm Desert, California92211
    Phone: (760) 340-7091 FAX: (760) 773-5128
    NEVER MISS A STORY! Log on to www.kesq.com
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

10 of the 2week sweeps, plus full length Tommy Davis interview. RuTube search works and it helps people.

But parodies & fair use are also disappearing, along with raw footage (like smurf's). So they're not using digital signature takedowns, but doing it it manually.<- This raises even more questions.

IMHO, after reviewing the videos, there are a few persons that wouldn't mind if these things went away. Scientology, in general (slave labor reports), Tommy Davis (xenu ambush), Jeff Stone (anonymous book) and assorted Riverside employees.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Disco Necked Member

I'm still finding lots of KESQ Scientology stuff on YT...
  39. AnonLover Member

Streisand effect, one of the many ways the internets is the gift that keeps on giving, exponentially.
    • Like Like x 2