Customize

youtube users campaign - Fix Youtube 2010

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

youtube users campaign - Fix Youtube 2010

Looks like a well orchestrated and targeted assault

Have a look and if you want to help join in - its in our best interest too

Fix YouTube 2010

Youtube user - AndromedasWake

YouTube - Fix YouTube 2010

:
    Fix YouTube 2010 AndromedasWake CiphersSon Censorship DMCA Abuse False Flagging Votebots Petition Free Speech
  2. Shinythings Member

Re: youtube users campaign - Fix Youtube 2010

this looks go. I'm in!
  3. Relyt Member

4. Rockyj Member

DONE! Very worthy caused & enjoyed his videos!
  5. Herro Member

Lol petition.
  6. Random guy Member

Signed
  7. Anonymous Member

a petition seems inadequate.
  8. urbanhawk Member

I think that this is a worthy cause so i'll be going along for the ride
  9. Relyt Member

I assume when there's a desired amount of signatures on the petition, then the creator will send a letter to YT about it. Sure, it might not do anything, but YT has been ignoring its users' pleas for a better system which fights censorship, rather than encouraging it. It's entirely possible for YT to improve its system so that it isn't so easy to file false DMCA or so that videos aren't so vulnerable to votebot flagging/rating. Either they don't care about their userbase and only about how they can rake in revenue (most likely), or they're just lazy, or just need to hire better programmers.
  10. urbanhawk Member

well since they are a buissness it should be important for them to be as competitive as possible which in this case means ensuring that they continously update their system to make it the best that it can be. Money wise it would be stupid for them not to do it.
  11. Re: youtube users campaign - Fix Youtube 2010

Tom Cruise missles, prepare for launch!
  12. Anonymous Member

in channel sidebar:
  13. LiberalScum Member

I've signed it. We will cause much butthurt to the YouTube developer team, and hopefully Co$ will not use the flag button anymore because of stupid, made-up copyright claims or other retarded reasons.

Hopefully, people like TheAmazingAtheist can continue to spread lulz to us and butthurts to other dubious religions. Since google bought YouTube the freedom of speech has declined rapidly, and anonymity has been mostly killed because the new sign-up requires cellphone numbers.
  14. urbanhawk Member

I don't have any clue as to why they require your cell phone number in the first place.
  15. Anonymous Member

bmp
  16. Anonymous Member

Signed.
  17. Anonymous Member

(and yeah e-petitions are pretty fail for most purposes, but when it comes to placing leverage on a business, they can definitely be effective.
  18. Relyt Member

Here's a very real, and scary example of what DMCA abuse can lead to:

You all remember VenomFangX, the YouTube creationist spokeshole? Well recently he has filed dozens of DMCA claims against DPRjones. DPR filed counter-claims, giving his personal information to VFX. VFX then makes a video where he accuses DPR of molesting children, then displays the personal information he had obtained from the counter-claim in which he tells his subscribers to use it and report DPR to the police.

And even though I hate to use the term "hate crime", he says in his video that "We as Christians [...] It is our job to purify". It's obvious he's only doing it for some "In the name of God" kind of purpose.

DMCA abuse is common among YouTube creationists in silencing proponents of evolution & science, and YT makes it easier for someone's life to be ruined just because someone else doesn't agree with them.
  19. Relyt Member

Here's the video made by DPRjones which I think more simply explains what happened: