Customize

Youtube starts banning 'religiously offensive' videos

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Disturbing development.
  3. 00anon00 Member

Offensive? What video was taken down?
    You Tube takes down videos for hate speech, is this anything new or is YouTube defining hate speech about religion as..for example.....making fun of Scientology?
  4. Anonymous Member

Bump for concern.
  5. adhocrat Member

They aren't anything out of the ordinary. Thunderf00t does his normal rant about things. Nothing to get your panties in a twist about. But someone did
  6. 00anon00 Member

OK a couple of points. Thunderfoot is a known troll/flagger/ and loves teh controversy. He must love the views of his "BWAAWAAAAW YOUTUBE TOOK DOWN MY VIDEOS", but it looks like a group of flaggers got his vids taken down by YouTube "professionals" who just responded to the flags with out watching.
    This goes on all day.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. adhocrat Member

the court case recently where a Muslin attacked a protester dressed as Zombie Muhammed was much more troubling. There the judge basically said "Free speech doesn't apply" when it comes to Islam.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

But if the ones in question are hate speech, Scientology can take down most of our vid's any time soon.
  9. 00anon00 Member

Right. As long as the "You Tube" professionals are not watching the videos they can get taken down easily. Once the controversy is known to You Tube, the videos will not stay down, they won't accept "religious hatred" as a reason when it is a religious dispute. Unless things have changed. A lot.
    Thunderfoot will get his videos back up.
    Betcha
  10. moarxenu Member

lings plOx
  11. adhocrat Member

12. Anonymous Member

This video is hate speech. Calling for the death/execution of a young man who didn't do anything but question his own beliefs. A video featuring a grown man baaawwwwing over that and calling for his death should be removed.
  13. xenubarb Member

I liked the part where the attacker said he felt that he had to act against Zombie Muha because he was with his son and didn't want the lad to think Muslims are pussies. Or something along those lines.
    Basically, "I had to do eet."

Everyone who ever says "You could be executed for that in my country" should like, be sent back there post-haste with minimal time to pack. Baiii! Do not want humorless faggots attacking American zombies!
    • Like Like x 6
  14. grebe Member

Wat.

Yes bogus YouTube takedowns are nothing new. Still we have to push back against this faggotry. We want sensible people, not the butthurt, to define, "demeans a group based on religion."

Many Anons have had vids removed due to DMCA complaints. Has anyone had stuff removed because it "demeans a group based on religion"?

Thunderf00t isn't a troll and he's not making his videos simply to stir shit for the fun of it. He's an intelligent, reasonable person who has been promoting good science education for several years. Some of his videos on the evidence for evolution really are superb. And he's been a friend to Chanology from the start.

I know Thunderf00t has been the victim of malicious flagging campaigns (and much worse), but I didn't know he's called for the flagging of other people's videos. Dox?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Made up claim is made up.
  16. DeathHamster Member

Why don't you watch his video?
  17. 00anon00 Member

Did.
  18. SimianSlobber Member

So you're for censorship, as long as what's censored meets with your approval?
  19. DeathHamster Member

Really?
    Listed in the video.
  20. 00anon00 Member

OK I went back and looked. I was wrong about Thunderf00t being a flagger, he got flagged and trolled by venomX.
    He lives in controversy, since he is often in flame wars I thought of him as a perp not a victim. I was wrong. Sorry Thunderf00t.
    I'm confused about his video. YT has always had a hate speech/ flag option, including religion.
    The new policy is:

Safety and Abuse Reporting

What is the issue?

• Harassment and Cyberbullying
    • Impersonation
    • Violent Threats
    • Child Endangerment
    • Hate Speech Against a Protected Group
    • None of these are my issue
    Hate Speech

We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
    Please select the protected group:
    • Race or ethnic origin (examples: African American, Pacific Islander)
    • Nationality
    • Religious affiliation (examples: Muslims, Christians)
    • Sexual orientation/gender identity (examples: straight, gay, bisexual, transgender)
    • Veteran status
    • Disability

Looks like the "religious affiliation" option has changed. You Tube has taken down controversial videos in the past because of partisan flagging (for example atheist/christian/damnation of God) .
      It looks to me like Thunderf00t has been victimized again by a flagger, watching to see if this is any different from the VenomX drama.
  21. Anonymous Member

Really
  22. 00anon00 Member

This is me, wrong click.
  23. 00anon00 Member

Yes they have.
  24. Anonymous Member

In the United States asking for someone to be murdered is a crime.
  25. 00anon00 Member

Dox for public speech asking for someone to be murdered is a crime.
  26. grebe Member

According to Thunderf00t YouTube's written policy regarding "demeans a group based on religion" hasn't changed. However the enforcement of this policy may be changing.

The fact that Thunderf00t had some videos removed isn't surprising. He's had stuff flagged before. But previously his asking YouTube to review the complaint was enough to get the videos back up. This time he received an email from YouTube explaining that his videos had been reviewed and based upon their content they were removed.

Thanks, An0n0nym0us, for confirming that Anons have had stuff removed due to, "demeans a group based on religion." I'm now wondering if those Anons who had their stuff removed couldn't get it back up because YouTube staff watched the videos and actually found them in violation of the TOS.

Maybe some of the Anon vids go too far and deserve to be removed. I don't care about that. It's the unfair use of rule against religious defamation that I'm interested in.

For Chanology's sake, we should be vigilant about this issue.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. DeathHamster Member

28. xipe totec Member

this is religious
    hail xenu !!
  29. Anonymous Member

That's the disturbing part.
  30. failboat Member

They didn't take this one down yet, and it's fricking awesome.
  31. DeathHamster Member

Whenever I try to think of a Christian example of how freaking far away Nation of Islam is from real Muslims, the Mormons always spring to mind, especially the splinter groups that haven't had the worst bits rubbed off yet.
  32. 00anon00 Member

Agree. Making noise works on You Tube. (and helps people)
  33. adhocrat Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderf00t?feature=g-all-bul
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

Anonymous delivers! Before credit claimed by M&M.
    • Like Like x 2