Customize

YouTube/Google Adsense on my account?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by The Goddamn Pacman, Jan 12, 2010.

1. YouTube/Google Adsense on my account?

Since the Will Fry videos on my YouTube account have been gaining in poularity, I got a pop-up box on the main page about applying for a "partnership" to place ads on my videos for $$$. While the message itself is enticing and useful for purchasing IRL raid-related gear, I just wanted to ask around and see if doing this is even worth it.

On the plus side, I get money for allowing ads on the video, which I would use for saving up for raid gear, such as a flag (our cell is without one sadly), sign-building materials, fliers, etc.

On the down side, ads can be annoying and having them on a video testimony of a former member seems a bit shitty.

All in all, I'm more against bothering to do it. But I just wanted to post this and get some feedback from you guys just in the off chance that this AdSense thing actually does do any good. If anybody else has had any experience from this, particularly from YouTube videos, I'd appreciate hearing your input.
  2. the anti Member

Re: YouTube/Google Adsense on my account?

can you choose what videos they go on then?
  3. Re: YouTube/Google Adsense on my account?

Yes.
  4. the anti Member

then I guess go for it, just put on the fun stuff and raids
  5. lokimotion Member

From what I understand, the money from the partnership program isn't great unless you get several thousand views.
  6. Re: YouTube/Google Adsense on my account?

Remember, any claim of fair use is far stronger when no money is made off of the effort. So although it may be fine to do this with the interview, I wouldn't do it with any video where you claim to use the material as a point of fair use.
  7. Kilia Member

I don't see ads due to having "Adblock Plus" on my Firefox.
  8. Anonymous Member

well, us viewers have the ability to X out any ads. Do it, and get a couple of cents.

I will not click on the ads just like I do not on this site ;( Because if people click on them, it give the site some monez. Bad.
  9. Re: YouTube/Google Adsense on my account?

Eh, fukkit, I don't need the money anyway, and after a bit of research it wouldn't do a whole lot of good.
  10. Anonymous Member

I say go ahead with the ads, but my only fear is that you start making videos just to get views.

Phew. felt good to get that off my shoulders.
  11. Re: YouTube/Google Adsense on my account?

Nah, I don't give a shit about view counts. That's what my other account is for :p
  12. Anonymous Member

:p, I know me too. WTF is this a question on here? Dummy. Delete the thread. This is just stupid right now.
  13. RedOrbifold Member

I wish we could manage to find a way to be spam / scam bounty hunters