Customize

Youth for Human Rights Intl kicks off human rights campaign

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Youth for Human Rights Intl kicks off human rights campaign

LoHud.com (Gannett Newspapers' Journal News, covering Rockland/Westchester Counties) New York
    The Hall Monitor education blog

http://hallmonitor.lohudblogs.com/2010/02/19/scientology-youth-group-kick-off-human-rights-campaign/
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Youth for Human Rights Intl kicks off human rights campaign

Home - Manhattanville College

There is no history professor named Daniel Don Nanjira in the faculty/directory at Manhattanville College nor does his name appear when you search their website for it. Faculty/staff directory pdf link from site: http://campusdirectory.mville.edu/Staff_Directory.pdf

Ann Marie Almeida, Exec. Dir. Of Global Student Leadership, Women & Community Leadership Dept., almeidaa@mville.edu, 323-7215

Are code is 914, fyi.

Here's a page on their website promoting the event:
    YHRI World Tour Kick-off Today at 2 - Manhattanville College

From that page
    YHRI World Tour Kick-off TodayOn Feb. 19, Friday in the Berman Students' Center from 2-4PM, the founder of "Youth for Human Rights", Ms. Mary Shuttleworth, has asked to utilize Manhattanville College as one of many "kick-off" sites for the World Tour 2010- a teaching moment for Youth with respect to Human Rights Awareness.
    Last year I was able to bring 10 Mville students to the UN for the "Youth for Human Rights" World Conference, over 1000 international adults and students attended. Prof. Gangi and Ms. Almeida of Global Student Leadership and the students working with the Duchesne Center and others will speak at the panel presentation with Ms. Shuttleworth, our guest speaker.

The youth panelists "YHR" will be bringing are Niko Papaheraklis, Youth for Human Rights DC Chapter President; and Osagie Okoruwa, Youth for Human Rights Chapter President, Nigeria.

World Tour 2010 will include Algeria, Brazil, Croatia, Ecuador, Greece, Guatemala, Hawaii, Italy, Japan, Macedonia, Mexico, Panama, Sardinia, Serbia, Sicily, South Africa, Swaziland, Taiwan and the USA. There is the possibility for students to get involved on committees and travel with "Youth for Human Rights"!

I am asking that you invite your students to participate, inform your colleagues to attend and invite their students to attend, so that we can support this endeavor. First Year Seminar students, courses that have human rights and international studies as a theme might find this of interest.

If you have any questions, please contact me at tyrrellw@mville.edu or 798-2755.
    Thanks again,

Wil Tyrrell
    Rev. Wilfred Tyrrell, S.A., D. Min

Maybe Father Tyrrell doesn't read catholic.org.

Bio:
    Catholic Chaplain & Interfaith Coordinator
    Rev. Wil Tyrrell, S.A.
    (914) 323-5341
    tyrrellw@mville.edu
    Duchesne/Religion.htm
    Father Wil Tyrrell S.A. coordinates all interfaith and Catholic programs on campus and advises the Catholic Student Association. He is a Preceptor and Lecturer in World Religions at Manhattanville. He celebrates Catholic mass with the Manhattanville community and serves at the Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church on 42nd Street in New York City. Fr. Tyrrell is also co-editor of Ecumenical Trends, a board member of St. Christopher’s Inn, a homeless shelter, and of Westchester Interfaith clergy Network. In the summer, he lectures on World Religions and Interreligious Dialogue for the Centro Pro Unione in Rome, Italy. He earned his BA in World Religion and Literature from SUNY at Stony Brook; MA in Philosophy and Biblical Studies from California State University and Fordham University, respectively; a M.Div. in Theology from Catholic University; and a Doctorate in Ministry from the Graduate Theological Foundation.
  3. Anonymous Member

1243898975755.jpg
  4. Anonymous Member

We need to find out their tour stops and get right in the fucking middle of these people and their blatant fucking recruiting.
  5. Anonymous Member

Maybe Nanjira is an adjunct/part timer? He does not live too far away from Manhattanville.

Here is his page from Columbia School of International and Public Affairs.

SIPA: Faculty Daniel Don Nanjira Very interesting

If I was Scientology I would want him on my team, too. Wonder what was said at the panel discussion.

Listed as a chair for Global Alliance for Disaster Reduction
    GADR - Board Members
  6. Kalashnikov Member

+ 100,000,000,000
  7. Anonymous Member

Well, they were smart. They got Manhattanville on board with them, and then issued the press release (one hour ago), now with moar legitimacy. I think this means they will not be issuing press releases in advance of their appearances.

I don't see Daniel Don Nanjira in their press release.
  8. Anonymous Member

Poons would wan't to focus on the adults in little bodies in scientology.
    And how darn hard those little blighters love to work.
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Budd Member

World Tour 2010 will include Algeria, Brazil, Croatia, Ecuador, Greece, Guatemala, Hawaii, Italy, Japan, Macedonia, Mexico, Panama, Sardinia, Serbia, Sicily, South Africa, Swaziland, Taiwan and the USA. There is the possibility for students to get involved on committees and travel with "Youth for Human Rights"!

How can we get specifics on where they will be in these countries?
  11. mongrel Member

12. Anonymous Member

Even though it's after the event, I'm going to poon the folks from Manhattanville College who were involved. Given that it's a Catholic school, including as background on Scientology the links from Catholic.org and the info about suing the nuns in Italy.

Will also be including background on Youth for Human Rights International. Going to search for some good links with well dox'd summaries for this purpose. If you know of any such sources that would be good for this, please add them to this thread.

Think I'll also cc: the university president on these emails.

My point: Don't you fucking dare let your students travel with and get sucked into the Cult of Scientology.

suggestions, anyone think this is a bad idea say so now please
  13. Uncle Remus Member

them folks ought nought be makin' slave outta folks, it ain't no good for nuthin'
  14. HellRazor Member

Good idea. Also point out the Catholic.org articles and the fact that Quebec Cardinal Ouellet says that Scientology is not a church, and wonders why it is considered a religion.
  15. Anonymous Member

I was hoping that the author of OP article would do a follow-up based on the comments received, but no such luck. Anyway, this sleepy college got hit by something even crazier than Scientology, so I guess YHRI has been overshadowed.
    The Associated Press: Police say mother strangled NY college student

There has been no news of new YHRI activities/events.
  16. sci and tell Member

yhripage1.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

Re: Harpoonz for Manhattanville Prez and Fr.Tyrell

A usually reliable source has informed me that a friend of hers called and spoke with Fr. Tyrell. Here is the basic info:

1. John "I thmell pussy" Carmichael OSA Director in NYC contacted Fr. Tyrell and got this implemented.

2. Fr. Tyrell is a nice guy and got duped. He is nearly completely ignorant of the flood of info about Scientology abuses. He has not read The Truth Rundown; he did not know the cult threatened to sue the Daughters of St. Paul; he was unaware of Sen Xenophon and the two lawsuits for coerced abortion; and did not know about the upcoming CNN series.

So harpoonz would be effective, particularly from exes who were in NY and had contact with Carmichael.

I recommend emailing Fr. Tyrell and the President. She is the beautiful Mollie Easo Smith, who is from Madras and a Shakespeare scholar. Also good to harpoon is Fr. Tyrell's boss, Karen King-Sheridan.

Office of the President - Manhattanville College

Duchesne Center | About Us

Duchesne Center:

Director
    Karen King-Sheridan
    (914) 323-7178
    kingsheridank@mville.edu

Catholic Chaplain & Interfaith Coordinator
    Rev. Wil Tyrrell, S.A.
    (914) 323-5341
    tyrrellw@mville.edu
    Religion & Spirituality

President Mollie Easo Smith
    smithme@mville.edu
  18. Re: Harpoonz for Manhattanville Prez and Fr.Tyrell

Hi harpoons sent!

James
  19. pedrofcuk Member

Ok, when exactly did the $cilons hijack human rights? They need to learn that saying the words doesn't make it so. Actions speak louder. One of the most abusive cults in the history of Teegeeack is promoting human rights, yea, that figures, go figure.
  20. Re: Youth for Human Rights Intl kicks off human rights campaign

this day you speak wisdom.
  21. anonanchovie Member

Did you know about this web site? Lnks all the cult entities..

Scientology-linked entities: Index