Customize

Your Notifications

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonylemmi, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonylemmi Member

Your Notifications

Is there a way to opt out of being spammed by "Threads should read" notifications in my inbox?
    Yes, everyone thinks their threads are the most important things in the world. I do not agree.
    I want to read my PMs, not get hammered with notifications no matter how well meaning they are.
    If I see a thread that interests me, I read it. Don't try and shove it down my throat.
  2. PresidentShaw Member

Re: Your Notifications

I agree, unless the thread is REALLY important, it would be much appreciated if the notifications would not be abused. This is annoying as fuck and most of the time unrelated to my interests.
  3. Anon-ymous Member

I agree. Very annoying having to go through all the threads that actually are nowhere near important enough to warrant it.
  4. themadhair Member

Since wwp went up I don't recall any thread getting a notification that deserved with the exception of calling for witnesses for tommygormantommygorman.
  5. the_leif Member

Moving this to Site Issues for review.
  6. Kilia Member

I agree..don't like thread notifications either, thanks but no thanks.
    Love ya anyways, but please stop this.
    <3
  7. mko Member

This. With New Posts, I'd run across the thread anyway.
  8. incog712 Member

Why wasn't I notified about this thread?
  9. the_cloak Member

I vote to sage this notification shit.
  10. Anonylemmi Member

Or to buried and never heard about again?
  11. FraggedMind Member

moar liek "Ok We heard your complaint and your arguement is invalid. STFU and GTFO. kthxbai" amirite?
  12. themadhair Member

^ That does appear to be the look of it.
  13. Anon752 Member

This is all my fault. I take full blame. It will not happen again. Complaints heard. If you see a notification after this know that it is actually something that was really needed.
  14. Kilia Member

Don't be too hard on yourself, Anon752.
    Thank you, and lesson learned...
    <3
  15. themadhair Member

^ Hours after posting that there were two notifications sent out. One was a thread that I had voted and posted in when it was still on enturb and the other was very much not needed.
  16. Anon752 Member

I did not send those. I asked in the mod channel but no one was awake. I will mention this thread again to everyone.
  17. the_leif Member

That was me. The poll is closing in a couple of days and it was notified to make sure everyone got their votes in. This, I felt was important. The other was a project that needs 1-2 people in each city to make it a success.

Both, I felt, warranted Notifications. Use is not abuse. The poll is important. Maybe the project was not.
  18. themadhair Member

/r/ option to turn off notifications.
  19. realitybites Member

/r/ tempban or avatar change to "I'm a pretty princess" for asshats that make notifications that are not IMPORTANT.
  20. themadhair Member

^ That sounds good.
  21. feman0n Member

yes, PLEASE remove!!! I've started ignoring them now, which means I don't check my PMs anymore on here. This 'feature' only seems to get abused anyway.
  22. lucifuge Member

You can Now Turn off "threads you should read" from notifying you like a pm. They will still show up on the homepage of your user cp in a list though.

To disable/enable it, merely go to User Cp -> Options, and in the Messaging and Notification seciton, select either Enabled or Disabled, and then hit save.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.