Customize

You Think Scientology isn't a Dangerous Cult? Really?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Joreal, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Joreal Member

You Think Scientology isn't a Dangerous Cult? Really?

Pop quiz:

Who has their own personal CIA-style information network working Black PR to make themselves look better in comparison to a group that they are misinforming the general public about?

Who uses child labor camps as a way to brainwash kids into believing that there is no other way than what they are doing, and that it's their fault when they don't achieve "wins" or speak out against mistreatment and degradation?

Who sues people, not because they really feel personally offended and have an actual reason to bring a lawsuit against someone, but in order to force them to spend so much money in legal fees that the fight just goes out of them?

Who kidnaps people and holds them against their will, using brainwashing techniques to either drive them insane or terrorize them to the point that they make a coerced agreement to leave the kidnappers' group alone?

Who prevents their own members from leaving their organizational bases to the point where their people are physically injured in an attempt to escape?

Who tells parents that are members of their "religion" that their children are making them achieve a number of "losses", and in order to reverse this they have to put their kids out on the street or get abortions?

If you guessed "The 'Church' of Scientology", you're right.

Go to enturbulation.org and other sites such as wikileaks.org, exscientologykids.com. Learn the truth about Scientology.

[/seriousbusiness]

This idea came to me watching the dreamy John Cusack's MoveOn.org infomercial.

tl;dr, Informing people about Scientology's crimes in a small 30 second chunk, ala Cusack. Does anyone out there that thinks this is a good idea with level 9004 video creating skills or higher think they can set something in this general vein up?
  2. Silent Member

Re: You Think Scientology isn't a Dangerous Cult? Really?

Good idea, also great that there is tension built up throughout the video, and then the punchline comes with the startling revelation that the cute little UFO-cult was really the mean bastard behind all the questions answers.

Good idea is good.
  3. Joreal Member

Now that I actually say most of this stuff aloud, it's taking a lot longer to get all the words out there. Definitely need to make those sentences shorter, but I don't want to lose the message to too much tl;dring. Maybe separate it into two videos?
  4. ankhensenamen Member

Good stuff
    Could there be a challenge for people to take like on the Move on site.
  5. Anonymous Member

Don't forget xenu.net. Everyone loves xenu.net.
  6. AnonFore4 Member

I got 100% on the pop quiz ^_^
  7. Joreal Member

Again, this was a rough sketch put up at 8:30 AM an hour before work. It's not meant to be set in stone, just throwing it out there for anyone that wants to use it. Throw up one of our standard :guyfawkes: and :anon: combos and start up the voice changer, then start offering up information ala Cusack.
  8. Pacifist Member

This is good. It may make Joe Public curious. I recommend printing it pamphlet style with the "POP QUIZ" and questions on the front, answers inside.