Customize

You know, I just realised how similar we are to...

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Stabby McSpy, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Stabby McSpy Member

You know, I just realised how similar we are to...

the Brotherhood, as depicted in George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. We don't really have any central leadership, we are driven by the mere concept of truth, freedom and liberty for all. At most, we may have a couple of figureheads offering occasional guidance, such as Wise Beard Man and the rest of the Old Guard. We operate in cells, completely independent from one another, taking our own unique and individual actions to do whatever we can to trip up the Church of Scientology's oppression. Before the global protest, we would never have known whether we numbered 1000 or 10 million; even now, we still have no idea of how many Anons there truly are. And, most interestingly, if one of us were to be captured and interrogated, we'd be unable to give any names. Our Anonymity and lack of formalised organisation means that, at most, we'd know 3 or 4 others.

Just something I noticed while doing an English assignment.
  2. 404-Man Member

Re: You know, I just realised how similar we are to...

I've never read Nineteen-Eighty-Four, but...huh. That's neat.

The only thing I ever thought of was, "The Lone Ranger could totally own the Co$."
  3. Re: You know, I just realised how similar we are to...

Except it turned out that the Brotherhood was an elaborate lie in order to expose and reprogram people who wanted to retaliate, IIRC. It's been a while since I read that book.

homgspoiler.
  4. anon87 Member

so does that make WBM obrian? He seems nice now but you wait till he has the cage of rats at your face!

oh well i sorta look forward to the day i'm in one of the ministrys of scientology and i feel that slow warmth from behind penetrating me, in that instant i will realize that finally i do love tom!

lulz for those that can remember how 1984 ends, confusion for those that don't. I think we're sorta like some characters in this other science fiction book i read, it was about this guy xenu who had all these evil psychs who wanted to.... no wait, he never mentioned what they wanted to do or why, in fact the whole story didn't hang together very well at all, still better than that piece of shit battlefield earth he wrote -srsly was LRH even awake when he wrote that? i have more coherent dreams.
  5. Hostile Member

great, now we need to make a book on ingsock (or however it's spelled) to combat otVIII superpowers
  6. Stabby McSpy Member

Way ahead of you...

http://anonbook.freeforums.org/
  7. Hieronymous Member

In case anonymous is in fact a front for scientology I would just like to say that delicious candy is what I fear the most
  8. TwilightAnon Member

Making it one of the only books that ever truely depressed me. In the end, it was all false hope. Fortunatley we don't have to hope for our cause. I for one KNOW that we will bring Scientology down, sooner or later. :guyfawkes:
  9. Uncle Anon Member

Funnily enough, I was mentally comparing us to the Global Frequency earlier today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Frequency

"There are reportedly 1,001 people on the Global Frequency, forming an active smart mob ..."
  10. Re: You know, I just realised how similar we are to...

If Anonymous is secretly led by someone as sexy as Michelle Forbes, then I'm in for THREE. Yes, this is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Put me down for THREE whole Internets.
  11. Uncle Anon Member

I look GREAT in a business skirt.
  12. Re: You know, I just realised how similar we are to...

... says your creepy Uncle Anon...

:lrhcries:
  13. Uncle Anon Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

"CMERE an uncltella story. Nno, y'donhaf t'tell yrmom, goodgd cmere."
  14. Re: You know, I just realised how similar we are to...

L Ron Hubbard read 1984 too. And he put into practice what he learned from it.
  15. Hieronymous Member

Fat Brother :lrhtalking:
  16. anonGF Member

Fuck yeah, Warren Ellis!!