Customize

York UK, 20th April - Re: Bookathon

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Protonymous, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Protonymous Member

York UK, 20th April - Re: Bookathon

As you've probably noticed by now, CoS is having a major marketing drive this weekend which it would be nice to counter with some leafleting, picketing and/or generally informing the public.

York Uni guys should be arriving prior to term start the day after and most missed out on April 12th. The only concern would be exam week, though that doesn't affect everyone.

Any general thoughts? Picket / Leaflet / Both?

If the guys who liaised with the police last time could give an idea of whether we'd need any special permission to do anything at such short notice, that'd be great too.
  2. target_blank Member

Re: York UK, 20th April - Re: Bookathon

Thanks for the heads-up. Sadly, our police contact is out of the office until Monday. Also, york uniers who had to go home because their accomodation was being used by conference guests are only allowed back on Sunday, dunno what time, so are still unlikely to make it.

If only we'd known about this earlier...
  3. argh Member

I have family commitments over the weekend.

If it was only a couple of people in town handing out leaflets, would the police need to be informed? I suppose in case the Scis call the cops on them.
  4. target_blank Member

Given that we've no idea where the scis are gonna be, we've no idea where we want to be.

Also, I'm busy over the weekend, and I'm busy now. See you later.
  5. Protonymous Member

If I have my ass in gear re: work and one of my friends is willing to come along, then I might go into town in search of Scns with a few leaflets in hand, but given how recently the mission opened, I'm not sure whether they'll have enough public to take part in the book drive. Does anyone have a rough idea of how active it is?
  6. argh Member

On the Ides there was one guy who came out to ask the police and Anons about the protest, he said he wasn't a Sci but an ex-sci said he seemed to be one. Plus he did walk out of the Org door, although it could lead to any first floor office in that block. He also said there was one other person who used that office (when asked about the "Dianetics" sign in the window) and she sells books on eBay.
  7. asagai Member

What info does anyone have about what the CofS is planning for 20th?
  8. Protonymous Member

9. Protonymous Member

Having seen no stress test cart or Dianetics flyers in town / outside the mission yesterday, I'm going to give it a miss and get some work out of the way so that I can concentrate properly on the next one.

tl;dr Got up late, work due.
  10. leedsyorkAnon Member

just a heads up , there was some marketing/leafletting in leeds city center today ...assists and stress tests....found out they will be there tomorrow , on briggate right in front of harvey nichols. look out for the big yellow circus tents!

if anyone feels like coming through to leeds, DOOO IT!
  11. Re: York UK, 20th April - Re: Bookathon

Like hell they're getting a foothold in my town. I shall be out on my lunchbreak and after work.