Customize

YFTC Bookstore Raid - Scilons Use Plastic Wrapper Tech

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

YFTC Bookstore Raid - Scilons Use Plastic Wrapper Tech

So, today, I went to Barnes and Noble because I don't live near an org. I brought with me over 200 YFTC's, and when I got to the bookstore, I found good news and bad news to report.

Good news: There were only two LRH books in the entire store, and the clerks confirmed this. The first was Battlefield Earth (which received three different YFTC's in its pages), and the second was Scientology: A New Slant on Life.

Now the bad news. A New Slant on Life had plastic wrapping all around the book, making it impossible to even look inside of it, much less to put a YFTC in it. There was a cardboard advertisement on the back of it, making it impossible to even find out what the book contained.

Is this common? Or is this some new anti-YFTC tech?
  2. Re: YFTC Bookstore Raid - Scilons Use Plastic Wrapper Tech

It's common. I encountered it the first time I did a YFTC raid way back when we started getting the first batches of cards.

TBH, I usually put cards in the best selling and newly released books to ensure that they get picked up. I swear I put cards in the same damned Battlefield Earth book at a local Borders despite months passing between raids -- nobody's buying Hubbard's shit, and the Scilons buy his crap directly from the Orgs.
  3. Anonymous Member

Re: YFTC Bookstore Raid - Scilons Use Plastic Wrapper Tech

I did that, too. I brought so many YFTC's because I half-expected a bunch of LRH books to be in the bargain bin, and it turned out that they didn't even have Dianetics.
  4. Anonymous Member

Use non-damaging-sticker-tech then. :) Or put the cards between the books.
  5. Anonymous Member

ZOMG WUT A KUH-WINKY-DINK
  6. grokitt2 Member

Use post-it tech. Damages nothing. Cheap to print custom post-its with vista prints and such like.
  7. FUCK Member

^^^ This. Or just be lazy and handwrite on the post-its as needed.
  8. AnotherMrPink Member

protip: Book stores do not mind if you deshrinkwrap a book unless it contains extra goodies like CDs, or toys.

If they see you deshrinkwrapping, just say you heard about the book, and wanted to browse it before you buy it. Worked for me.
  9. Anonymous Member

Thanks, I'll try that next time.