Customize

Yearly Update on New Village Leadership Academy

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by churchlady, Dec 7, 2012.

1. JSYK I'm still waiting for this hard evidence or a law suit trying to prove the school used study tech after 2010.
    (thankfully, I'm not holding my breff)
  2. RightOn Member

Did you hear the new joke about the Smiths?
    no?
    The Smiths ARE a joke
    get it?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Almost a year later and no lawsuits or tell-all book.

WTF!?! I thought you buttnuggets promised lawsuits and a tell-all book?
    ThatisFunny
    This message by ThatisFunny has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  4. DeathHamster Member

Because your cool story that the instant Jacqueline Olivier walked out the door, there was a Scientological Rapture that sucked all the Scientology, Applied Scholastics and Study Tech out of the school and up into the heavens is obviously the simplest explanation.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. DeathHamster Member

School's closed on account of Scientology.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Random guy Member

7. DeathHamster Member

8. ThatisFunny
    This message by ThatisFunny has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  9. RightOn Member

Just like a rash you show up again to necro this thread to gloat.
    So you are proud of the fact that this narcissistic, conceited, pompous ass is a COS shill?

FUCK OFF!
    they said he "dabbled in Scientology" (I still don't agree) and dabbled enough to open up a mother fucking school that taught scilon tech and employed scion teachers and was on it's ways to making all the kid's heads that attended into mush.
    So again FUCK OFF.
    If he is NOT a scilon, he may as well be, since his shilling is certainly worthy of being a card carrying member of the fucking IAS .
    • Like Like x 2
  10. LOL...you're a poster child for why witch hunts like this are laughable. Fortunately, you're skillz are confined to pounding a keyboard and not something like say... an airplane pilot.

The school used a portion of the study tech for its first 2 years at the Las Virgenes location. For the last 4 years there, it did NOT.

Yes, there were 2 maybe 3 scners working there, but they where WAY outnumbered by non-scners working there.

Yes, there are records showing Smith making a minimal donation (compared to other groups he gave to) ONE year.

Just because you can connect a couple of dots, that doesn't make it the TRUTH. You shouldn't be so quick to convict because of your prejudices.
    ThatisFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  11. "Will Smith is an empty human being."

A very tough review:

Will Smith's Fall from Commercial Grace

Or, I'm the DJ, He's the Former Number-One Box-Office Star in the World
    by Charles Mudede

snip:
    We must remember that Will Smith is an empty human being. His fame is not built on talent but on the absence of it. He is not incredible; he is only likable. And the moment he attempts to do more than be just likable is the moment we run into serious trouble. That trouble began with Seven Pounds, which Gabriele Muccino directed. (The Italian also helmed one of Smith's biggest hits, The Pursuit of Happyness.) In Seven Pounds, Smith plays a heavyhearted, brooding soul who is working on an elaborate plan to donate his vital organs to morally upstanding people. Do you want his eyes when he dies? Are you desperate for his liver? If you are not a good person, you are not getting an organ from him! He commits suicide in a bathtub.

The film showed that Smith had lost something that kept his career in the stratosphere: his self-knowledge of his essential mediocrity. We looked all over the film for it, but Smith kept hiding it with this thing that looked vaguely like acting. Smith's new self-perception as an actor of substance—wrought by fame, success, and probably
    Scientology—led to his downfall. Maybe Focus will pull him out of the massive and still-smoldering wreckage.

And maybe there will be an After Earth 2. [IMG]

http://www.thestranger.com/film/feat...mmercial-grace
  12. Random guy Member

Be aware of what the media says relative to what the sources say:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/05/wi...-our-quote-the-press-went-wild-for-yesterday/

Ortega has apparently come down with a cold and did perhaps not give his best response ever.

Will Smith certainly was into scientology when he started the NVLA, and the only one who would have any real knowledge and has spoken about it says the school used the clammy "study tech".
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RightOn Member

wow! you are such an adorable idiot.
    "Witch hunt" LOL is a term used by scilons ALL the time.

Smith took Scientology courses, opened up a school that taught the tech (for HOWEVER long), employed Scientologists, donated a bucket of money (I am sorry, anything over say..oh I don't know...$10,000 is a bucket of money to me)
    And if he decided to speak out against the COS, he would be added to the Big List.
    I don't care what Rinder or Ortega said about him not being a scion. I don't agree.

You see taking courses, being auditing, having your family also take courses and be audited, opening up a school that teaches study tech and donating lots of money IS being a Scientologist IMO. It doesn't differ then the direct path that anyone else would take to become a scilon.
    The only difference, and it is a HUGE difference, is that most people if not all people starting out, do not OPEN A MOTHER FUCKING SCHOOL that teaches Study tech that is very harmful to children.
    Smith chose to do these things. (probably because of his dear pal Tom Cruise)

Now go fly a plane and GTFO! Oh thats right, I don't think you are a pilot. Are you?
    Because according to you, being a pilot makes you more respectable and smarter. Right?
    Just ask John Travolta!
  14. Textbook move, Asshat, call him a scion/osa. :eyeroll:
    It's people like you that give us, the critics of scn, a bad name with your paramount ignorance. Your steadfast resistance to anything of the contrary to your warped conspiracies surpasses the most ardent scner.
    I'll tell you what, find one person who converted to scn because NVLA taught a PORTION of the study tech for 2 out 6 the years in existence, and I'll gladly admit you were right. Shit, I'll even take it a step further - find one person who converted to scn and is active within the cult because Will Smith was supposedly an scner, and I'll admit you were right.
    Are all pilots scners? Or are all scners pilots? Bhonestk?
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. RightOn Member

Some of the kids that went to that school had scilon parents. So there is no way they are not going to be taught the tech from some other school now that the school is closed.
    For TWO YEARS (if you are correct) these poor kid's heads were well on their way to being brainwashed. TWO FUCKING YEARS OF STUDY TECH!
    The tech is dangerous, it should be outlawed.
    So why did Smith stop teaching study tech? Since you are such an expert on everything NVLA?
    Could he not afford to pay the COS for it?
    We all know he carried the school on his own dime when it started tanking.
    And you haven't said WHY you are defending someone who teaches study tech to kids for 2 years, "dabbled" in Scientology and let his own kids do auditing and courses? not to mention the $90,000? he donated to the COS.
    AND what did he have to pay for the study tech to be taught? What were the commissions paid to the COS? Wonder what that came out to?
    You are defending one of the COS's biggest shills. WHY?

and as far as people getting in...
    NOBODY will ever know how many people scion celebs get in.
    EVER. It is impossible to know
  16. anon8109 Member

To be a critic of scientology you have to, you know, criticize it.

To be fair you have posted criticisms, of scientology critics, but that doesn't count.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. BigBeard Member

'is, isn't, is, isn't, is, isn't. This thread has been sounding like a kindergarten playground for way too long.

Somebody plug it with a silver bullet, drive a stake though it's heart, and bury it with a clove of garlic in it's mouth.

Please!
    BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. RightOn Member

this thread was necro'ed by the "critic", "thatisFunny" due to the recent remarks of Ortega and Rinder saying that Smith wasn't a Scieftologist.
    He felt it was important to necro the thread to say "looks like I was right".
  19. Anonymous Member

fuck yeah.gif
  20. I knew of 2 scn families that had kids there in the end. Only TWO.

I'm pretty sure the kids that were taught using whatever form or part of study tech they did use for a couple of years, will be ok. I don't think, on its own, it's as sinister as you're making it out to be. However, I can see how it would be in regards to studying cult material as a piece of a complex formula for hypnosis. But on its own, It's a learnt method that can easily be disregarded.

I don't know why the Smith's stopped using it. I wasn't present during that decision. All I can tell you is that they did.

From what I understood, the Smiths wanted to afford kids that wouldn't normally be exposed to a good education a good education. And they did that by carrying most of the school's cost the entire time it was in existence. Unfortunately, sometimes with generosity comes people who will take advantage of that and not carry their own weight.

And just so we're clear, I'm not defending the man and his personal beliefs. I was/am only stating that the school was not a scn front. Nor did it use ANY form of scn after 2009. That's it. If Will Smith is a scner, that's his business. My only concern with it would be if he were to be publicly supporting it and furthering its means. And since I knew that wasn't the case with the school, I spoke up about it.

I'm sure someone somewhere would have publicly thanked him for the introduction to scn if that were the case. I mean how did Cruise get in?

I only saw a $10k donation, but I'm sure you'd have more info on that.

As far as me necro'ing a thread, maybe I just like slapping the beehive of the uninformed.?.

[IMG]
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  21. RightOn Member

Cruise got in through actress Mimi Rogers who is out
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  23. Um.... "NOBODY will ever know how many people scion celebs get in."

"So far, there's only a Cool Story that after firing the head of school because she wasn't Scientology enough, they suddenly dropped all the Study Tech and other add-ons."

I believe a court of LAW decided that wasn't the case, but, like Mr. Smith says "die with the lie".
    ThatisFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  24. DeathHamster Member

Cite please?
    • Like Like x 1
  25. RightOn Member

"The actor was first introduced to Scientology -- a religion that was founded in 1953 by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard -- in the late 1980s by his first wife, actress Mimi Rogers, whose father, Phil Spickler, was one of the church's most powerful members during the religion's early years"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11/how-tom-cruise-introduced-scientology_n_1664934.html

also google :
    "how did Tom Cruise get into Scientology?"
    and there is a lot more DATA for you
    • Like Like x 1
  26. RightOn Member

Will Smith donated $70,000 To Scientology (well not counting the rest of the money he spent on courses, auditing and commissions)

"Will Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith, donated $70,000 to Scientology groups in 2008, according to a tax filing just obtained by this column.
    The "Seven Pounds" actor contributed $60,000 to the World Literacy Crusade and $10,000 to ABLE International via his Will Smith Foundation. Each is a Scientology organization."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/19/will-smith-donates-70000-_n_292252.html

"Professor of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University and Scientology critic David S. Touretzky was critical of the school's use of Study Technology, and told the Los Angeles Times: "There is no reputable educator anywhere who endorses Study Technology. What happens is that children are inculcated with Scientology jargon and are led to regard L.R. Hubbard as an authority figure. They are laying the groundwork for later bringing people into Scientology."

"In July 2009, Olivier and several of the teachers resigned from their posts for undisclosed reasons.
    [Olivier was replaced by Piano Foster, an educator with Scientology associations; Foster began at the school on July 1, 2009. Piano Foster has participated in Scientology courses.[31][32] Foster completed the Scientology class, Basic Study Manual, at the Scientology Celebrity Center in 2005.[ Olivier was let go from her US$200,000 position, due to disagreements over teaching methodologies to utilize at the school.

A representative for Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith told the New York Post, "Jacquie is no longer at the school for reasons entirely unrelated to curriculum. She is an excellent educator and fully embraced the school's secular and open-minded approach to innovative teaching methodologies." <--- LIARS

The New York Post reported that Olivier left the school, due to conflicts with the Smiths over the Scientology "Study Tech" teaching methodologies.Foster confirmed she had been placed as the new administrator for the school, and stated, "I officially took over on July 1, 2009, and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I feel I'm ready for the job."
    Suri Cruise began attending in April 2009. <-- Was she one of the kids of the "two scilon parents you knew about"?
    According to the Smiths, the school has no religious affiliation" <----- LIARS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Village_Leadership_Academy

And here is everything you will ever want to know about the dangers of Study Tech:
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/StudyTech/

[
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Exactly, Cruise got in from Mimi. That basically contradicts your earlier statement of ""NOBODY will ever know how many people scion celebs get in." :facepalm:

I'm not disputing the donations. There are multiple accounts of varying sums (for some odd reason) for the couple of years he did donate. However, the amounts given to scn were less than other religious groups.

Regarding your "study tech" quote. I think you're missing the point - the danger of it has to do with studying the subject of scn - not math or history or school subjects.
    And more importantly, I don't know how much of the "study tech" was even used at the school. Did they give metered check-outs or do M9 word clearing? You'd have to get that confirmation from someone else as I don't know. But take a look at Delphi - presumably 1000's of non-scn kids have graduated from there, did not become scners, and their brains didn't turn to mush.

I don't know Oliver and couldn't speculate on her situation with the school. However, according to someone who was involved in the case clearly stated she lost. http://tinyurl.com/m2bswda

If Suri Cruise attended NVLA, and that's a big IF, it would have only been from April 2009 to June 2009 according to your Wiki source. (Which is kinda funny because the "source" is the Herald Sun Melbourne, Australia: Nationwide News Pty Limited. April 13, 2009. p. 17.) I have no personal knowledge of the school prior to Sept 2009, so I couldn't personally confirm this, but it just might be a stretch.

Again, like I've said from the very beginning, I CAN ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT NVLA WAS NOT USING ANY SCN STUDY TECH NOR WERE THEY A SCN FRONT GROUP FROM SEPT 2009 ON AS LIED ABOUT ON WWP.

Have a good day..fuckyou very much. :)
    ThatisFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  28. RightOn Member

"Regarding your "study tech" quote. I think you're missing the point - the danger of it has to do with studying the subject of scn - not math or history or school subjects."

HA HA HA HA HA
    WAT?
    Clueless!
    I suggest you go to the link I provided and read how the tech effects the kids and how it is done on a gradient method.

Dumb ass
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Random guy Member

Your problem is that you are an an anonymous somebody on the internet. As such you can't attest to anything since we have noting but your word to go on to evaluate whether you are are in a position to know anything about this, caps-lock or no caps-lock.

Olivier for her part is known to have been in a situation where she would know, and she has made a public statement. That means we have no choice but to believe her version over yours.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  31. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 3
  32. It's mind boggling how quickly people like you will accept someone's synopsis when it aligns with their prejudices without proof or a single case study of its dangers..or benefits. You're a hypocrite at best because that is eerily similar to what scners are asked to do with the subject of scn.

Straighten out ur tinfoil hat because these are quotes from ur post:
    Study Tech is founded on three principles: (1) use pictures and diagrams to illustrate the concepts being taught, (2) break down complex concepts so they can be mastered in a series of simple steps, and (3) always seek definitions for unfamiliar terms. These rules make sense and are harmless enough when phrased in plain English.

Try and apply some critical thinking to the following quote:

Study Tech actually helps lay the groundwork for introducing Scientology into the schools.

Yes, in its fullest form, if the student(s) were to go on to study scn as it is a pillar of the subject. Its continual use could conceivably lay the groundwork for hypnosis..and LRH is god or whatever else it does. But, if the student(s) were to go on to study something..say in college, would his brain then be mush? Would study tech have killed his ability to learn?

By that logic I shouldn't have learned anything past the 10th grade.(was that a setup for a joke?)

You're a blowhard at best. Your cynicism of the subject skews reality. Let go a little and use some common sense.

Olivier for her part is known to have been in a situation where she would know, and she has made a public statement. That means we have no choice but to believe her version over yours.

Right, but she wasn't there past 2009 (which is what I've stated from the get go) and therefore wouldn't be privy to how the school was run, now would she?

If you'd like to concede that the school was a scn front group UP TO 2009, but not beyond (as you have no proof beyond that), I would gladly agree with you.

ThatisFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  33. meep meep Member

You are a block of text on the Internet making statements with no Dox.
    • Like Like x 3
  34. DeathHamster Member

Link says that she lost for reasons unrelated to study tech and Scientology being forced into the school.

Cool story remains a cool story bro.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. RightOn Member

don't take my word for it, hear it from an expert and from Hubbard himself at the link below.

Study tech in a nutshel is used to suppress thoughts from the giddy up.
    It is a stop thought teqnique done on a gradient scale so that the student using the study tech will agree with anything they are told. Their critical thinking slowly diminishes.
    Two years of study tech can fuck up a kids head pretty good.

Read the data and understand it, or are you warped by study tech yourself?
    http://studytech.org/study_tech_print.htm
    • Like Like x 1
  36. So says the poster, but still a cool story, eh bro?
  37. meep meep Member

Words. Cool story.
  38. Let's say I was too warped by study tech to learn anything. Besides myself, there would a ton of other people out there with really "fucked up heads" including your main source, Olivier. She obviously would have been subjected to it for the 2 years she was there, right? That's the whole reason she sued, correct? Not to mention Rinder, Rathbun, Armstrong, Hawkins and whatever other ex-scner you may hold in high regard because their view now aligns with yours. They're all still "fucked up heads" though, aren't they?

Like I said, your bias on the subject has you at a disadvantage.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1