Customize

Yearly Update on New Village Leadership Academy

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by churchlady, Dec 7, 2012.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology and the Smiths: Is Will Smith's family in the Church of Scientology? | Starcasm

It has been long speculated that Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith adhere, at least in part, to the teachings of the Church of Scientology. But, unlike outspoken Scientologists Tom Cruise and John Travolta, Will has never been vocal about his spiritual beliefs. The closest he’s ever really come to admitting his religious leaning was in 2006 when he told World Entertainment News Network that he was raised in the Baptist church, but doesn’t “necessarily believe in organized religion” any more.

Jada has been similarly vague about what she does believe — although she’s been more direct about what she doesn’t believe.

“Well, I’m not a Scientologist. People make these assumptions, but my religion is love,” she said in 2011.

With such denials of association with the Church of Scientology, why are the Smiths continually dogged by rumors? The short answer: Actions speak louder than words.

In 2008, Will and Jade opened the privately funded New Village Leadership Academy (NVLA) to teach children under the principles of “Study Technology,” which was created by Ron L. Hubbard… Who also founded the Church of Scientology.

“I definitely want to make it very clear to everybody that the educational institution that we have, the school that Will and I have, is not a Scientology school,” Jada told NPR in 2009. “It is not a desire of ours to educate children with Scientology, that is not what Will and I want to do. And our school is not, and I repeat, not a Scientology school.”

In addition to the school’s curriculum, there was also controversy about just who was associated with the school. According to Truth About Scientology, multiple instructors at NVLA completed Scientology courses. Former artistic director Sisu Raiken even hosted a page on the Church of Scientology’s website.

“I have studied many courses in Scientology over the past 16 years, done the Purification Rundown to rid my body of toxins and drugs, and also been involved in many of the social outreach programs of Scientology, mainly getting Mr. Hubbard’s literacy program known and put into use,” her website said, ABC News reported in 2009.

Suri Cruise, who was arguable the most prominent Scientologist child before her parents’ divorce, attended the school alongside Jaden and Willow Smith. (And there’s no doubt her parents chipped in with more than the standard tuition.) But, after Suri left, the school struggled to stay afloat. According to sources, this was because NVLA had difficulty earning outside funding because of Scientology backlash.

Continued with open comments at http://starcasm.net/archives/243025
    • Like Like x 7
  2. RightOn Member

THANK YOU WG!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Random guy Member

We have a Winrar!
  4. RightOn Member

well well well
    Looks like ex teacher Jaqueline Olivier is going to speak out about teaching study tech!
    Who was inspired to do so by Leah Remini!
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/...nspires-school-principal-to-speak-out.113832/

"She also posted in response to an ex-Scilon's comment on Leah's page.. "I never became a scientologist - they put the pressure on and we had to feed the kids study tech...insane...!""

check mate mofo!
    • Like Like x 5
  5. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. churchlady Member

I am so looking forward to hearing what Dr. Oliver has to say.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE: First Interview with the Principal of Will & Jada Smith’s Shuttered Scientology School

By Tony Ortega

In 2007, Jacqueline Olivier was hired by Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith to turn their home-schooling experiment into an actual bricks-and-mortar institution. A year later, the New Village Leadership Academy opened its doors as protesters showed up to picket the school — by then, it was known that the Smiths had asked Olivier to use L. Ron Hubbard’s “Study Technology” as the school’s guiding curriculum. (Study Technology is also a significant part of coursework in the Church of Scientology, which Hubbard founded.)

But Olivier assured the public that the private school in Calabasas, California was strictly secular, and she played down the influence of Study Tech. Then, a year later, she was fired and replaced by a woman named Franca Campopiano, also known as Piano Foster. At the time, news reports suggested that Olivier had not embraced the use of Hubbard’s ideas strongly enough, which is why Campopiano, a Smith family friend, was brought in to replace her.

Now, for the first time, Olivier is talking about her two years working with the Smiths. She’s no longer playing down the influence of Study Technology. In fact, she tells the Underground Bunker that Scientology’s influence in the school was near total, and she knew that calling it secular was a sham. Her departure, she says, was definitely about her not being “with the program.”

This summer, we broke the news that the New Village Leadership Academy had shut down after operating for five years. The Smiths had put $1,235,000 into the school to get it going and finance its first three years. After that the school had tried to stay open through tuition revenue and fundraisers, but then it closed on June 28.

Olivier, 51, is now working as the principal of New Roads School, a private elementary in Los Angeles. After the Smiths let her go, she worked out a settlement with them, and has now decided to make her story known. She says she’s well into a project to write a book about her experiences, but she agreed to talk to the Underground Bunker for a preview of what that story will contain.

Continued with open comments at
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/18/ex...ill-jada-smiths-shuttered-scientology-school/
    • Like Like x 10
  8. RightOn Member

FINALLY proof that the Smiths are Scientologists
    and that YES STUDY TECH WAS TAUGHT AFTER 2010!!!
    geez!
    • Like Like x 5
  9. The Internet Member

http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/18/ex...ill-jada-smiths-shuttered-scientology-school/

Nice.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Plups Member

Anon were there...

From June 2008, the following post on wwp (enturbulation.org) and ocmb:
    Will's Scientology Academy has "cleansed" its website
    http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28065
    Lots of details in that post leading to the following questions being posed:

J Swift posted a very interesting response:
    "I can tell you this: Sony and Will Smith are scared of Anonymous right now. I learned this through Hollywood insiders.
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Plups Member

Anons told Dr Olivier to beware, but she didn't hear...

LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...irector-of-security-and-school-faculty.23554/

Reminder:
    ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8 NVA)

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...justifies-study-tech-result-of-9-8-nva.23903/
    Excerpt:
    • Like Like x 8
  12. What? Where's the proof study tech was used after 2010? I just read the whole interview. Where does it say they used study tech?
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

Word clear your MU's and clay demo them, then come back and we will discuss it.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Anonymous Member

You're right. It does not say that specifically. But it does say that once Olivier went all but one of the REAL teachers she brought in went with her. Erego, the only thing left was the Scientology teachers and the new Scientology administrator that replaced her. And it is a given that receiving/giving a proper education and being properly certified is NOT what Scientologists believe in.

So in 2010 the value of the education has taken a nose dive due to fake assed teachers teaching a bogus curriculum based on Scientology religious beliefs in a Scientology school setup to deliver Scientology that the Smiths themselves mandated be "all in." Add in the fact the kids were already reading at level several years behind where they should have been, and you have a fkton of reasons NOT using study tech would have been impossible.

Besides, moot point is moot. Let's say they did take the essential element of a Scientology education (study tech) in a Scientology school setup to deliver Scientology religious beliefs which require that EVERYTHING taught revolve around study tech. Then said school would have no reason to exist and would crash and burn. Which is exactly what happened.
    • Like Like x 8
  15. All of the teachers that were hired after 2009 where college graduates with degrees in teaching. They were not scientologists, but actual educators. And good ones at that.

The school had the funding to continue. The owners wanted it closed for unknown reasons and so it closed.

I'm not arguing the validity of study tech. I know people who were raised using it, and they are very smart, competent individuals. I also know some that are complete morons, but I think you'll find that in any education/life situation.
    ThatsFunny
    This message by ThatsFunny has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Inside WIll & Jada Pinkett Smith’s Mysterious School: Fired Principal Reveals How ’100 Percent’ Scientology Curriculum Failed Kids

Radar Online

The couple insisted that despite rumors, they were not Scientologists, and that the school would be secular. But now, the woman who was hired as the first principal of that school, which closed earlier this year, is stepping forward to claim that that was all a lie. Jacqueline Olivier tells Scientology expert Tony Ortega that the school was actually “100 percent” Scientology-focused, on the Smiths’ orders, and that the controversial curriculum failed the kids it was supposed to help.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/11/will-smith-jada-pinkett-smith-scientology-school/
    • Like Like x 7
  17. RightOn Member

"they are very smart, competent individuals"
    LOL!!!!
    Please go read some of the comments posted by scilons about the Super Power building opening this past weekend, or go online and read some Scientology "wins" that members have listed. They are off their fucking rockers.

This thread doesn't surface for like a week and WHAM! Here you are defending a closed Scientology school run by Scientologists . THE SMITHS.
    Now you have an ex teacher telling the whole story and you are still arguing.
    I have been patient with you, but it clearly states that Foster was hired in 2009 and Will Smith wanted everything done to the "t" with Study tech.
    So excuse my French,
    but get your fucking head out of your ass and give it up already.
    YOU WERE DUPED , get over it.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

All of the teachers that were hired after 2009 where college graduates with degrees in teaching. They were not scientologists, but actual educators. And good ones at that.
    RO dear, the above quote should tell you all you need to know about the poster. How many people do you know that actually know someone raised using the study tech? None? Zero? Yes, for those of us never in types we know no one not one single person who grew up with study tech. The only one who knows people like that are , what is that word I'm looking for? Right on the tip of my tongue...

I know!

Scientologist
    • Like Like x 7
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  20. Anonymous Member

Dox or GTFO. You have absolutely no proof of that. Meanwhile, there is ample proof that they got rid of the administrator because she wouldn't stick to the 100% Scientology protocol and replaced her with a Scientologist who would. So there is absolutely no reason to believe the new 100% Scientologist administrator who was hired to run a 100% Scientology program in a 100% Scientology who hire anything but Scientologists.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. RightOn Member

I am SO glad that the teacher mentioned that some of the parents were also doing courses. This is very telling.
    Start 'splainin WILL SMOTH
    • Like Like x 1
  22. RightOn Member

indeed.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

Dox or GTFO.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Competence...let's discuss yours (or lack thereof). You couldn't even read a short story without distorting facts. No where in that piece does it say anything about study tech being used after she left, but somehow in your twisted little head it did. Very telling.

"Now you have an ex teacher telling the whole story" - Are you retarded? No, seriously, are you? We had a whole conversation about the ex-head of school suing and LOSING her case with the Smiths, and now you're trying to throw this out like it's new news? WTF is wrong with you? We already know about Mrs. Olivier and her story and it's all PRE 2010.

You're obviously not man enough to face facts, and those facts are that the school never used any form of study tech from 2010 to 2013. If anyone can prove me wrong, I'd gladly come on here an eat crow.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

Also very telling that you claim to know people who have used study tech. So you are a Scientologist?
    • Like Like x 3
  26. WAS - out for over 10 years now.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

28. The Wrong Guy Member

29. Anonymous Member

So you believe that Franca Campopiano/Piano Foster and her posse of rabid scientologists just dutifully delivered the 3Rs until the 'school' crashed and burned?

This post from early in this thread is dated Dec. 7th, 2012:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...llage-leadership-academy.107117/#post-2235428

If you really believe what you are insisting upon as "the" issue with this now-defunct 'school,' that cult kool-aid really did give you some serious brain damage. My condolences.
  30. Anonymous Member

Your behaviour on this forum suggests otherwise.

Are you one of Will & Jada's "people?"
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

So you understand the danger inherit in the system, no? Why are you so sure, after having been in, that a schol set up to teach Scientology was not in fact teaching Scientology? You know how it works and they do whatever is needed to KSW.
    • Like Like x 3
  32. Anonymous Member

In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    She said "You'd better word clear some words in this here dictionaire."
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Proving you wrong: Done.
    You eating crow: Never going to happen, I suspect.

Now, if anyone could prove you right, that would really be interesting. Thought about that?
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Is this ThatsFunny's thesis?

1. NVLA starts off as a Scientology school.
    2. NVLA is an awesome school for kids to learn to read good and do other stuff good.
    3. NVLA drops the Scientology.
    4. NVLA then fails.

1. ThatsFunny starts off as a Scientologist.
    2. ThatsFunny is an awesome person who knows stuff no one else knows or could possibly know.
    3. ThatsFunny drops the Scientology.
    4. ThatsFunny then fails.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

If the Smiths were willing to give up Study Tech then Ms. Olivier would not have had to quit.
    • Like Like x 5
  36. Anonymous Member

The only constructive comment I can offer is one of reminding ThatsFunny that verbal communication is open to varied and very divergent interpretation.

For me, the implication I received from reading Tony's article was that after the firing of Jaqueline Olivier, the school, or what was left of it, returned to preaching teaching à la scientology and study tech until the 'school' crashed and burned, whenever that was. It was certainly post-2010.

The mystery of why-the-fuck ThatsFunny wants to defend the school and claim it wasn't using study tech after Jaqueline Olivier left doesn't much interest me. ThatsFunny writes and thinks like a scientologist and that's all I need to know.
    • Like Like x 3
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

Nothing really new, just more coverage.

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s school a Scientology front: Principal | Canada.com

Superstar couple Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith’s $1.2 million school was a front for the controversial Church of Scientology, the school’s former principal is claiming.

At the time of the 2008 opening of the New Village Academy, in Calabasas, Calif., the duo denied they had any connection to Scientology.

“There are just very powerful educational concepts that we believe in, and we feel like we want to design the system that revolutionizes public education,” Smith said, according to RadarOnline.com.

But now, the school’s first principal, Jacqueline Olivier is telling Scientology expert Tony Ortega the claims are a sham and that New Village is “100 per cent” Scientology-driven. Worse, the edict was issued by the Smiths and the curriculum was a flop.

Continued here:
    http://www.canada.com/entertainment...cientology front Principal/9185162/story.html
    • Like Like x 2
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Full-Blown Practicing Scientologists: Ex-Principal Speaks Out! | Celeb Dirty Laundry

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/20...-olivier-new-village-academy-speaks-out-1119/

Report: Will Smith’s Business Partner Warned Him About Scientology Interfering with Career | Showbiz411

Leave it to Tony Ortega. The intrepid investigator of all things Scientology has gotten an exclusive first interview ever with Jacqueline Olivier. She was the original headmistress of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith’s private school, the New Village Leadership Academy in Calabasas, California. Olivier was fired after the school’s first year and replaced with a Scientologist who was only too happy to teach the kids L. Ron Hubbard’s Study Tech curriculum.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/11/1...him-about-scientology-interfering-with-career
    • Like Like x 3
  39. The Internet Member

From your link:

I guess I'm not buying the "Will's a dabbler" meme, due to the way he comes across in his interviews. Also he's been in a lot of years now. Also it's fucking Scientology. One does not merely "dabble" with the OT levels.

But if I were Will's publicist, this would be exactly the way I'd handle his Scientology issue: get someone who doesn't like Scientology to describe him as a dabbler. Blame the wife who is not box office.
    • Like Like x 1