Customize

Yearly Update on New Village Leadership Academy - derail

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by sosad, Jul 10, 2013.

1. https://www.google.com/search?q=nvl...ntology-materials-closes-its-doors%2F;588;400
  2. Anonymous Member

so do tell
    How do you know so much about the school?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Maybe ThatsFunny is Clark Carr, working on his amends project.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Seriously? This is your proof of a lawsuit? Someone coming here, seeing all the BS you've written about the school, and then they CLAIMING they (it's only one person, but we'll call them a "they" ) are going to file a lawsuit? I'll wait for the actual filing before I fall victim to an online rant. LULZ.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. OTeleventy Member

Troll: Schools. out. for. evah.

Why are we wasting space (not that it's not fun) on a done deal?

I'm sad that my favorite restaurant closed recently too. (Sniff). Goddamn it! Their food so did NOT suck and have tons of MSG!!! (eleventy)

That's Funny has an agenda here. Troll in training? OooooooSSSSSaaaaa? (Heh. .... Just kidding. ... Maybe.) Who knows.

By the way. Borders Books closed. Anyone know where I can go online and bitch about it?
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

that post by a parent was before this shit fest started. moron
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Where's the lawsuit, Shitforbrains?
  8. < imo, it is always fair to ask for proof. >
  9. I believe that Barnes and Noble still has a very fine bookstore that is still in business.
    They have an amazing selection of books, music, magazines, games, and learning tools.
    Nice.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

"Legal action pending. "

looks like you have some MU's.
    Off to ethics with you for a sec check for not paying attention
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

thursday stat push?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. "I'll hold my breath"

What a chucklefest that would be if someone truly believed the BS propagated by a few people here and actually tried to file a suit.

Firstly, I don't believe any attorney in his right mind would take the case, but for laughs let's say someone did - I sure hope the people pushing this lie chip in to help with the legal fees when said person loses. LOL!!!!
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Please, tell us what you really think. ;)
  14. Anonymous Member

Because they're stuck in an electronic incident, right?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 8
  16. Anonymous Member

If I was a parent, and my child had been subjected to cult indoctrination without my knowledge ...

Kids-Cookery-Class.jpeg

I would be beyond angry and outraged. I would be talking to my attorney. Oh yeah, parents mad, real mad.

As for the cult, it's...

awkward.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  17. So, to sum up what I've learned from WWP regarding NVLA:

The majority of your proof here that NVLA was a scn front was its webpage using scn jargon.

I would say it had scn jargon in it, but it also said this: "The New Village Leadership Academy continually researches best educational practices and consults with the top educational thinkers of the day so that our program is the best, the most current, the most educationally sound and the most foundationally relevant for our children."

That would indicate it wasn’t cemented in one philosophy, and you know how the church feels about other practices. Let’s also not forget how possessive they are with their copy written material. Surly they would have had to indicate “based on the works of … “ somewhere - like the other schools that use study tech.

Why they never changed that page from when the school first started? I don’t know - maybe they forgot about it, or didn’t have the time. I do know it wasn't because they used study tech (circa 2010 on).

There's a tax return of the Smiths claiming anywhere from $70k to $170k (the numbers aren’t very clear on the exact amount) to unknown scn entities. Even though they gave $1.2mil in donations to various religious groups ($250K to one Catholic group alone) all that matters here is what they gave to scientology. And, apparently no one can provide any proof that any of that money went to applied scholastics to help back up the claim that their school was a scn front.

Here's a quote from a source at the school: "All I can say is it is not a Scientology school," she told the magazine. "Now, If you don't trust me, and you are questioning my integrity, that's a whole different matter. That is straight evil to think that I would bring families into that educational institution and then try to get them to convert into some religion."

That was from the founder - straight from the person who put the school there in the first place. Again, that doesn't matter...it's still a scn front?

Then there's the head of school that got fired (2009) for supposedly "not being comfortable" with study tech.

This may or may not be the case. I don't know. There's a lot of speculation regarding the whole matter, so it's hard to say what really happened. But here is a quote from an interview with the Los Angeles Times: Olivier insisted the facility had no religious affiliation. She said: “We are a secular school, and just like all non-religious independent schools, faculty and staff do not promote their own religions at the school.” So here she is professing it wasn't a scn front prior to being "fired".

Lastly, there's the parent and/or parents that came here, read all the speculation and opinions on the school and decided it was a scn front as well.

However, here’s another parent’s viewpoint on the school: He told me that despite the reports from “bloggers,” there was never talk of Scientology at the school. And, There was never any proselytizing about Scientology.

Like I said before, I'll wait for an actual suit before I believe some online rant about suing.

Also, It just so happens that 4 to 6 (the numbers aren't really clear on this either) of the 20+ employees had some sort of affiliation with the church. Now, whether these so-called scners did a course 8 years ago to "find out for themselves", (and subsequently are now labeled as one in an online registry) or they are full blown, give all your money to the church scners is also not very clear.

All of the so called proof here is speculatory at best. There is no hard evidence to support your claims that it was a scn front. Perhaps they used some sort of study tech in the beginning. That is a possibility, but from 2010 on there was nothing. There were no documents stating “based on the works of…” . There were no tax receipts to applied scholastics. There were/are no teachers backing up this claim of having to use study tech. There were no LRH books in the school. There were no check sheets, stats, ethics officers, word clearers, emeters, etc. NOTHING.

And what's funny is if someone comes here with firsthand knowledge that it wasn’t an scn front, the popular go-to move seems to be to call them a “scientologist troll, or an osa goon, or a stat pusher, or a clark carr”. It’s like you’re afraid of being hoodwinked, or having the tinfoil hat slapped off your head.

It would seem that all the online stories about the school and scn start off with "It's speculated..." Not a very good phrase to bet the farm on.

BTW, I'm glad I got you guys to back up, screengrab, photoshop or whatever it is you do to preserve this historical online info. Now go ahead and "not like" this so you can hide it. :)
    ThatsFunny
    This message by ThatsFunny has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  18. Anonymous Member

Your vehement opinion has been noted, evaluated and found lacking in knowledge and insight. Thank you.
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Try reading it upside down.

ps. Thanks for preserving what I wrote. I'm sure the original will disappear with 3 "unlikes". ^5
  20. Why are you so certain that study tech wasn't used from "2010 on" ?
  21. RightOn Member

so adorable
  22. Anonymous Member

Wait a minute. How do we even know this place was a school?
  23. Anonymous Member

Just like After Earth, the school was a big flop and had to shut down. That's what counts in my book. Winning.
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Random guy Member

They don't, they are just hidden from common view. If you log in as a user, the post just reads "hidden due to unpopular rating" (or something to that effect), and "click here to view". You really need to make yourself a user account here. If you don't want to use your own e-mail, you can log in via http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html or a similar service.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

There you go again with the willful ignorance.

When Scientology takes off its religious cloak and puts on the Applied Scholastics mask, it's no longer Scientology or a religion. It's rude for we wogs to point out that it's still the same stuff, and that Scientology isn't very religious in the first place.

They said the same thing with the Life Force Arts and Technology Academy in Clearwater.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/educat...nce-clouds-future-of-pinellas-charter/1217239
    • Like Like x 4
  26. Anonymous Member

"setting the record straight" as you babble, is not the only reason or the real reason why you are here.
    And 6 Scientologists do no work at a school that DOESN'T teach Applied Scholastics.
    It would not be KSW. And that would be out ethics. But you already know that.

Much Love, ARC!
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Anonymous Member

It goes far beyond willful ignorance, this troll has OSA written all over itself.

It repeats the same lie over and over again.
    It always attacks and never defends. Notice how it ignores the evidence presented to it, or callously dismisses it.
    It uses "I am not a Scientologist but..."

The troll may or may not be OSA, but it sure knows the ins and outs of OSA's tricks.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Why are you so certain that study tech wasn't used from "2010 on" ?

I don't even know if it was used pre 2010, but I can only speak of what I do know, which is 2010 and on.

Just like After Earth, the school was a big flop and had to shut down.

I haven't read up on the connection between this movie and scn. I know Mark Hadley wrote a review,,,and it has a volcano? Is that all it was, or is there more?

If you log in as a user,

Not digging the ignorance here enough to make an account. At least over at ESMB they know what they speak of.

When Scientology takes off its religious cloak and puts on the Applied Scholastics mask

So that must mean you have proof that applied scholastics was affiliated with NVLA? If so, I'd sure like to see it.

And 6 Scientologists do no work at a school that DOESN'T teach Applied Scholastics.

Wha?

It goes far beyond willful ignorance, this troll has OSA written all over itself.

It repeats the same lie over and over again.
    It always attacks and never defends. Notice how it ignores the evidence presented to it, or callously dismisses it.
    It uses "I am not a Scientologist but..."

The troll may or may not be OSA, but it sure knows the ins and outs of OSA's tricks.

LOL...the go-to move - call them an OSA troll..
    Ok, show me where I "attack" and "never defend". Show me where I said "I'm not a scientologist but".

I've done nothing but addressed all of the so-called proof provided here with responses. I may have responded to some here in the same manner they addressed me, but I have NOT "attacked" anyone.
    Take yourself for example. In your few statements, you didn't bother to respond to one thing I wrote. You simply gave a cut and paste response (and a lame one to boot) to someone you don't agree with.
  29. Anonymous Member

You do know that "Anonymous" isn't a single poster, right?
    • Like Like x 2
  30. I'll rephrase the question, how do you know study tech wasn't used from 2010 on?
  31. Anonymous Member

I gave you the answer you deserve. The evidence is in this thread. If you pretend you can't see it it's not my problem.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Yes, I do.
  33. Yes, I do.

34. So, what you're saying is there is no hard facts, just speculation based on some jargon and a donation made by the owners one year. Got it.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

How would you advocate responding to an intransigent twit with a bee in his/her bonnet?
    • Like Like x 1
  36. How do you know study tech wasn't used from 2010 on?
  37. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  38. Enturbuleak Member

^ This. Answer the damn question please.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. JohnnyRUClear Member

This thread has become the same as that classic shot of the stress test table with the Anon holding the cans, only more or less the other way around.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

Whenever you folks get tired of your plaything, let me know if you want the thread cleaned.
    - The mods
    • Like Like x 2