Customize

Yearly Update on New Village Leadership Academy - derail

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by sosad, Jul 10, 2013.

1. I think the Smiths, when starting the school, pulled educational ideas from a lot of places. Unfortunately, one of them was scientology, and the school got a bad rap for it. I believe they saw the error of their way and changed that back in 2008 or 2009. But that doesn’t seem to matter. The witch-hunt continues.

I know the “about” section on the website hadn’t been changed since it was put up. A lot of people seem to think that makes it a scientology school (because of all the scientological terms), but the truth of the matter is, it didn’t and it wasn’t. That’s just some old info no one bothered to change. That’s all.

Some other misinformation – Mr. Hendry left the board back in 2011. No teachers were “fired” for taking maternity leave. That’s just crazy. Do you really think a high profile couple like the Smiths wouldn’t have some of the most astute lawyers looking over their affairs? I also can’t see someone secretly recording conversations. If you think the attorneys would allow that, then that’s just ignorant.

The school closed down in what I consider poor fashion. It felt like the owners did not want it to continue, no matter what. Of course that’s their right as the founders/owners, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt a lot of people. The entire faculty were doing all they could to save it right up until the end. They all loved it very much. For someone to say they (the faculty) kept it a secret from the parents is ridiculous. They’re all out of a job now, why would they do that?

I’m sure someone will try to bring a suit against the Smiths, but if it’s because they thought it was a scientology school, they’re not going to win. It wasn’t. Not for the last 4 years at least. And I don’t even know if it ever was. It may have used some of its ideology back in the beginning, but does that make it a scientology school? If I sing the pledge of allegiance, does that make me a Christian?

I’m not a scientologist. I don’t believe in it or use it or whatever you do with it, I’m not. I just happen to know about the school and think it’s a shame so much misinformation about it is out there.
    sosad
    This message by sosad has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  2. This nonsensical question seems like something a Scientologist would say.
  3. Anonymous Member

Yes, you are a scientologist. Yes, you have been sent here to "handle" this issue. You are part and parcel of the whole problem. Dishonesty, deception and not being honest about who you are and what you are up to. THIS is what Scientology is, and this is what this school became about, despite whatever good intentions some people had. Deception and dishonesty in the quest for money.

EVERYTHING SCIENTOLOGY IS INVOLVED IN, from schools, to Narconon to WISE, all becomes about amassing money and hiding it, and being deceptive about it.
    • Like Like x 7
  4. If a Black person visits the site of a school and there are only pictures of white kids and teachers should he/she assume the school is only for white kids? Your comments sounds ignorant. Perhaps the school was predominately Black. IS THAT A PROBLEM FOR YOU?????????? You sound racist!
    Ginger Rogers
    This message by Ginger Rogers has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  5. Gee, I don't know...believe some random douche online, or someone who ACTUALLY went there?
    That's a tough one.
    ThatsFunny
    This message by ThatsFunny has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

I would tend to believe RightOn.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. OTeleventy Member

Err, the "random douche online" was the school itself touting "study tech," which anyone in present time can research and learn harms children far more than it helps them (test scores consistently far below grade level for all students in clam schools). NVLA - at least originally - didn't try to hide its clam origins... then they did. Any parent should be mortified and ashamed for not doing their best to get the best education for their kid, and fucking LRH sure isn't it. So, fuck off, douche.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Yeah, again, your ignorance on the matter is laughable. Just because the website had scn terms in it, doesn't make it a scn school. (NOT TO MENTION, THAT WEB PAGE HADN'T BEEN CHANGED SINCE IT'S INCEPTION. Wayback machine it - you'll see it's the same from day one.)
    The school wasn't a scientology front. The teachers were not scios (maybe 1 or 2 were), they were not using study tech, they didn't pay applied scholastics (which is verifiable through public records if you cared to look.)
    Again, someone who went there and witnessed for himself vs. someone who read an outdated webpage. Hmm, tough choice, but I'm going to go with the guy who doesn't have his head up his ass if that's ok with you?
    ThatsFunny
    This message by ThatsFunny has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  9. Anonymous Member

What grade were you in?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

So what you are saying is that we can't judge Scientology the New Village school because we have no personal experience?
  11. Um yeah...the first quote up there is from the OUTDATED webpage. They obviously started the school with some portion of study tech in mind, but it DEFINITELY was not utilized from 2010 and on.

BTW, here's a quote from one of your posts:
    RadarOnline.com contacted The California Department of Education with regard to the school’s current status. From the beginning, the school has denied any affiliation to any religion, calling the institution nondenominational.

Here's another "news" story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ill-Smith-New-Village-Leadership-Academy.html

And another with the Smiths outright denying they are scios:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/smiths-alleged-scientology-school/story?id=8331367

I challenge ANYONE here to provide ACTUAL PROOF that study tech was used at NVLA from 2010 on. Not some dickweed's biased opinion from reading the internet, but actual verifiable proof. Like a tax return listing applied scholastics. A former teacher (from 2010 on) that can verify study tech was used as a learning tool at that school. Someone with firsthand knowledge of the subject and facility.
    I'll hold my breath.....
    ThatsFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  12. RightOn Member

who are you calling a dickweed?
    It is not a biased opinion, it is an exact copy of what was on the school's website. IDIOT.
    It's also all over the interet in other places. All's you have to do is cut and paste that paragraph from what was on the school's web page and you will see it other places on the net.
    And the teacher was fired because she didn't agree with using the study tech. I think her reason for her leaving is more than enough proof.
    There is a hell of a lot more proof that the study tech was being used all over the net then not.
    I challenge you to provide PROOF that it wasn't being used.

And further more, what is your reason to fight this? They are closed, the school was a disaster. Not even the Smiths putting their own 2 mil in of their own money every year could save it.
    Sounds to me like you have some sort of attachment to this school to fight this point.
    So spill.
    By the way you lost this argument.
    You have been served.
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Anonymous Member

Are you Ok?
  14. Enturbuleak Member

I'm not a Scientologist but...
    • Like Like x 5
  15. DeathHamster Member

Scientology always calls Applied Scholastics nondenominational. Could you manage to be any lamer?
    • Like Like x 3
  16. OTeleventy Member

School's closed, we win. Buh bye.
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Your posts are ALL based on an outdated webpage copy and pasted over the net (it would seem that that's all you got?). Like I said, they may have started with some form of study tech, but it was NOT used from 2010 on. NO scn tech was used at that school.

It wasn't a "teacher" that was fired, it was the head of school. Get your facts straight. I believe she tried to sue...and maybe lost.? BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE. Also, that was 2009 and not 2010.

My reason for arguing is because the information being propagated here is WRONG. The showbiz411 story was about correcting this misconception. The guy had actual firsthand knowledge of the school, yet you ignorantly call him a "moron". Surely you have more than an outdated webpage to back up your words, no?

"and as far as your statement that only 1 or 2 Scientologists working there? I thought there were SIX."

Here's what I actually wrote " the teachers were not scios (maybe 1 or 2 were)".

Again, your ability to correctly grasp is laughable. Perhaps I'm beating my head against a wall with you? Perhaps you don't want to hear truth?.

I'm not sure how you can claim victory when you can't even provide one shred of proof the school used study tech from 2010 on. Surely a non-scio ex-teacher would have talked about being forced to understand and use study tech in the class room? Or, surely some of that $2mil (I believe it was reported somewhere else to actually be way south of $2mil, btw) the Smiths put into the school went to applied scholastics, and there would be a paper trail confirming its affiliation?

Bottom line, the school did not use scn tech from 2010 on. You can't and won't be able to prove it did. You can take this fact and except it, or you can go on being an ignoramous. The choice is yours.
    ThatsFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  18. Anonymous Member

What is your stake in this? Why do you care what is said on a random website on the internet? You also never answered my question when I asked you what grade you were in.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. You come off like a desperately pathetic little sidekick, JSYK.
    ThatsFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

^^^This
    • Like Like x 1

21. My stake is setting the record straight. What's yours?
    ThatsFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  22. Anonymous Member

Were you a teacher there? What did you teach? I would guess that you were a student.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. I believe there was a "parent" earlier on this thread that was "surprised" to find out the school had some sort of affiliation to scn thanks to this site and its perpetuation of the lie that it was STILL using scn in any way (circa 2010 and on). Whatever happened pre 2010 was addressed and corrected. Since then, there has not been any sch tech at that school.

Why are you trying to perpetuate this lie? What's in it for you?
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  24. Exactly. So where is the paper trail? Where are the tax returns showing payment? Where is the proof??
  25. Anonymous Member

What do you expect exactly? I don't have access to the Scientology corporation's seekrit offshore accounts where Miscavige hides his money.

I wonder why the criminally convicted company is sending someone here to deny that the school was one of its for profit front groups. I wonder if there is a lolsuit brewing by a group of furious parents who were duped into sending their kids to a scientology school without their knowledge. It's not as though this hasn't happened before. It happened in Israel and in Sweden IIRC.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. OTeleventy Member

You need more NVLA. First of all, it should be
    Second of all, I probably come off more pathetically desperate than desperately pathetic.

Just sayin.

Sorry your school closed. Maybe you should move on? Or are you just chapped your movie, "After Earth," was a bomb, Will?
    • Like Like x 6
  27. Anonymous Member

You still haven't answered me. How are you affiliated? Student? Parent? Teacher?
    • Like Like x 1
  28. BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....now I'm a front for the church? I guess facts and truths are less cool than lies and false accusations?

No wonder no one comes here to try and set the record straight. If it goes against the mob mentality, it must be a lie. Carry on.
    ThatsFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

Parent? Teacher? Student?
    • Like Like x 1
  30. jensting Member

and getting enough stats by 2 PM Thursday. Good luck
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Anonymous Member

According to their filings we can request further financial information via their website. Shall we try that?
    • Like Like x 1
  32. RightOn Member

yeah the Wayback was def. scrubbed.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Thank you ThatsFunny for bringing to our attention the scrubbing that has been going on, and for alerting us to the possibility of legal action brewing somewhere!
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

I wonder if it's the same OSA footbullet agent who brought to our attention the fact that Narconon had put up hundreds of fake drug rehab referral sites by repeatedly asking where else drug addicts could go for help other than Scientology's Narconon.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. As far as I know, Suri NEVER went to school there. Maybe they looked at that school, but she was never enrolled.

Are you seriously asking me to speculate why Katie didn't want Suri to go there? How do you know it wasn't Tom who didn't want her to go there? Or maybe it was the housekeeper's idea not to go there? WTF?

What parents doing what lawsuit? Link please.

What have I not been truthful about? Are you sure it's not your own guilt of ignorance on the subject matter that is causing these accusations?

Side note: It's good to see freedom of speech is alive and well here on "why we protest". It makes perfect sense to hide those pesky comments that oppose the "witch-hunt" mentality. :thumbsup:

Btw, I believe this to be 100% true: If any school used the teachings of L Ron Hubbard, they had to be under contract to do so and had to pay to use it or they would be slapped with copy right infringement. by the COS. And if that were the case with NVLA, then they would have had to pay and there would be evidence of that. Where is it?
    ThatsFunny
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  36. Anonymous Member

what parents lawsuit you ask?
    learn to read.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Anonymous Member

Don't think that is going to happen. I believe this is a garden variety troll, maybe even a garden gnome.
    Despite mountains of evidence to the contrary ThatsFunny seems to choose to ignore the facts presented throughout this thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. RightOn Member

1. your intent
    2. yes
    3. well there it is!
    those famous words used by many scilons

if you are looking for receipts from the NVL to Applied Scholastics then find them yourself. Start by asking the COS to fork them over :p HA HA HA HA
    Of course it won't state that exactly, it never does.
    Just because receipts can't be found or won't be released, doens't mean it never happened BOZO.
    The COS is ALL about hiding EVERYTHING. It's how they stay in biz and under the radar.

Don't you have some Mu's you should be looking up or perhaps caving some people in somewhere?
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

Your posts aren't being removed but if a post receives enough negative ratings from the community then you have to be registered and logged in to view it.
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Come on, man...do a little research.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/09/suri-cruise-fashion-outfit-photos_slideshow_item5_6

The school is surrounded by a wall with armed security. There's no way in hell a pap would have been able to take that picture there. Besides the fact that the only room with glass doors is the main office which is upstairs in a covered hallway....no direct sunlight. Sorry to disappoint you.