Customize

Writing a book that has to do with scientology?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by ChristianKnight, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Writing a book that has to do with scientology?

I am a young adult, still living with my parents, but I am thinking about writing a book that has to do with a scientology conspiracy theory inside the Catholic Church/American Government, does this sound like something that would make them pissed at me?
  2. anonymous3347 Member

Who are you worried about pissing off? Your parents? The Catholic Church? The US Government? Scientology?

This is going to sound very mean, I am afraid. But you are too young to have done much research into anything. You don't have any resources to pursue interviews, fact gathering, or evaluating data. If you just parrot other people's work, then you aren't doing anything new. And your book will not be very good. That's if you are trying to write a non-fiction book.

If you are wanting to write a fiction book, I'm afraid Jack Chick has beaten you several times on the same subjects.
  3. Tom Socrates Member

It could be an interesting read, but at this point, I'd stick to accumulating information for research. Don't actually write anything until the war is over and the CoS is impotent.
  4. I can bet I can beat you at Vatican history and American History...
  5. anonymous3347 Member

I'm not challenging you to a big-dicking contest. I'm telling you that you're trying to cover ground that's already been covered until it has been pounded into a dry, flat, racetrack of fail.

Good luck with all that, Junior. It looks like your mind was already made up from the start, so why did you even bother asking the question in the first place?
  6. I asked if I would get in trouble by the scientologists if I did...
  7. Mr. 2 Member

Then you haven't done as much research as you think you have.
  8. Himbeertoni Member

9. A_sneeze Member

With the Internets at our disposal, I would like to point out that no-one should ever doubt "the power" of 'the/ those young ones'. They/ them are our future (read).

$cientology is a book worthy, anytime.
  10. Anonabliss Member

Google Operation Freakout if you want the answer to your question. Then lurk and lurk and lurk and then lurk some more. There's a lot to catch up on.