Customize

Winnipeg: Poster Raid June 30th

Discussion in 'Canada' started by thatPTSkid, May 24, 2010.

1. thatPTSkid Member

Winnipeg: Poster Raid June 30th

Hey 0th Wing. As in years past, I'll be postering the night before Canada Day to take advantage of the crowds of eyeballs. Let's team up and increase our coverage this year!

I've identified key celebration areas for postering as Osborne Street between River and confusion corner, the Forks and Assiniboine Park. Key downtown transit corridors along the way include Portage and Graham between Main and Vaughn, Osborne between River and Portage, the entire (short) length of Vaughn, and Main between Henderson and Portage. The bus stops on either side of Assiniboine Park also seem like obvious postering candidates.

How about you? What areas do you think need attention? What areas are you available to poster? Who wants to join me for a daring-except-not-actually-daring-because-it's-totally-legal post-sundown poster marathon in the core area?

Lets make this the year that every single person out celebrating our nation's founding is warned of the insidious evil known as scientology.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Winnipeg: Poster Raid June 30th

I second that commotion.
  3. Anonymous Member

I second your second.
  4. Anonymous Member

Other areas: The 'restaurant' section of Corydon and a small part of Lilac and Grosvenor.
    The restaurant section of Academy.
  5. thatPTSkid Member

I've mapped out the key areas:

Canada Day Poster Raid - Google Maps

Does anyone have any particular areas they want to cover? I was thinking we could work in small teams and converge on Osborne.
  6. Anonymous Member

You did good.
  7. CogitoErgoSum Member

New to Winnipeg. Wondering what I can do to help (other than find me a mask and keep my eyes peeled). Also wanted to report in as one more possible anonymous warm body for any potential protests/whatever.
  8. Anonymous Member

Let loose a few leaflets for a start.
  9. CogitoErgoSum Member

Sounds good. Is there somewhere I can get an image to print for leaflets?
  10. Anonymous Member

Lotz of places. Here is one Operation Clambake - The Inner Secrets Of Scientology
    Or make your own. A flyer even made with crayons and old paper bags is still better than none at all. Or use your computer skills. The point is to do something, anything.
  11. Anonymous Member

Go to the central library. Check out a book called Trophy Widow by Michael A. Kahn. Fiction Myst KAH. Go to page 152 and there you will find a note. Better go soon before the Churchies get there. Who knows what they will leave you instead.
  12. CogitoErgoSum Member

or ... I could click my heels together three times and say there's no place like home with equal success, and not out myself to any co$ smart enough to read these boards, all for the benefit of your lulz.

Leaflets from clambake have been most helpful, and have made their way to the cafeterias of my workplace and a couple of the surrounding buildings. I have also been quietly educating some of those around me that I know I can trust, but frankly, I think they all see both Co$ and ACTA as not their fight, something I have yet to cure them of.
  13. KreepyKissa Member

you got two others joining over here.