Customize

WINnipeg 17/01/2009 Post-Game Report

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Pacifist, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Pacifist Member

WINnipeg 17/01/2009 Post-Game Report

Without the reinforcements of the Brandonfags, it was small numbers, as expected. This protest was unfortunate timing for a lot of us, but we're Anonymous, and we always deliver. The few of us who made it decided to make the most of our manpower, taking to the streets to plaster posters and card the local businesses. Working as a team, we were able to drop many more cards than when we one or two-man it.

Also, we ran into the head of the org, Richard the Motorboat, while unmasked. Fuckin' epic lulz. You guys should have seen the look on his face. It was, in all sincerity, the most genuine expression of disbelief I have ever seen. This is as accurate a recreation as our Marcabian technology will currently allow:

omgtheinternetishere.jpg
    He pretty much looked exactly like this.

Later, while on my way home from an honest day's enturbulation, I ran into an angry mob chanting "ALLAH ACKBAR!", and a Jew. I know this, because he announced he was a Jew into a microphone, and I quickly clued in that this was actually peace rally focused on the Gaza Strip, taking place just a couple of blocks from our protest site. Drew a pretty big crowd too. While passing through, I stopped to speak with one of the supervisors of the rally, joking about them stealing our thunder. We exchanged details about our causes. She mentioned that her sister is an ex-Scientologist. Thankfully "ex", and pretty coincidental at that. We spoke for a while, then I handed her a card and parted ways.

Their group certainly gave off a different vibe from our own. Our protests are fun. They feel like parties, a get-together with friends and drinks and cake and music! Their own... just a protest. Nobody seemed like they were all that happy. We stay on the good side of the law, and police in many cities say we're the most polite group of protesters with whom they've ever dealt. These guys, the Jew on the mic was talking proudly about how some members of their group were arrested over their activism. And they had no cake. Really makes me appreciate the good times we have in the summer.

By the way, I think we need moar protests with operation names, for the lulz.
  2. anon0004 Member

Re: WINnipeg 17/01/2009 Post-Game Report

I am pleadsed to here you were out there, I was worried, since I herd not that much from last time.

And I am with you with the Operation name thing.
  3. Pacifist Member

Re: WINnipeg 17/01/2009 Post-Game Report

Thanks, dude. It's a combination of it being bad timing for most of our Anons, and it being blisteringly cold in winter. I can't wait until summer, when we'll have drinks, music, and cake again.

Man, I'm still laughing about freaking out the head of the org. He must have been paranoid as hell, not knowing where we went.