Customize

Wikileaks under DDoS attacks

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by spike anderson, Aug 8, 2012.

1. http://wlcentral.org/node/2756

WikiLeaks' donation portal through French non-profit FDNN was also taken offline, shortly after WikiLeaks linked to it as a way to donate while the WikiLeaks website is offline.
    WikiLeaks offered their speculation of possible reasons for the timing of the attacks:
    • Attacking under the cover of the London Olympics.
    • An upcoming WikiLeaks release.
    • Ongoing releases of the Syria Files and the Global Intelligence Files.
    • A cable which reports on an assassination attempt on Chinese leader Hu Jintao's son and another killing at the top of the Chinese Communist Party. This cable was recently reported on by The Epoch Times and China's Forbidden News.
    Cabledrum @Cabledrummer
    cabledrum.net is under heavy DDoS attack #wikileaks

UPDATE 2012-08-08 09:40 BST
    WL Central was down for a short period of time, as was Justice for Assange. WikiLeaks, FDNN, and Cabledrum all remain offline.
    UPDATE 2012-08-08 18:10 BST
    WikiLeaks and FDNN are back online. Although, they are not accessible by everyone.

Justice for Assange and FDNN are back up but I am still unable to access Wikileaks.org as of 1:02 PST.

There's also this.. http://www.crikey.com.au/2012/07/04/us-increases-harassment-of-wikileaks-assange-associates/ ..which makes me think the US government is behind the attacks.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Hmmm, interesting.
  3. Anonymous Member

Still unable to access Wikileaks.org.

What about the mirrors? Any intel?
  4. Tourniquet Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. T0R

6. The Wrong Guy Member

Wikileaks under DDoS attack; Swedish lawyer, Prosecutor (and police?) under investigation

August 8, 2012

All Wikileaks sites, including Cabledrum, are currently under sustained DDoS attack, presumably from US Govt sponsored hackers. The War against Wikileaks continues.

Meanwhile, in Sweden, proceedings have begun to investigate Marianne Ny, the chief Prosecutor in the Julian Assange case, and to discipline Claes Borgstrom, the lawyer representing Anna Ardin and Sofia Wilen, the two women who made complaints against Assange, the editor-in-chief of Wikileaks. The Swedish police may also come under investigation.

On August 2nd, journalists Helene Bergman and Anders Carlgren, via a submission to the Swedish Ombudsman, requested that Marianne Ny be investigated for improprieties with regard to her handling of the Assange case. Claes Borgstrom is currently facing a legal enquiry into his handling of another, high profile case – that of Thomas Quick. Borgstrom was also recently called to the Swedish Bar Association for defamatory declarations he made (and which were published by Aftonbladet) against Assange.

More at http://darkernet.wordpress.com/category/wikileaks/
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

The Bloody skiddies are at it again ! I'm surprised Anonymous haven't been accused?
  8. Tourniquet Member

Why would Anonymous do that?
  9. Anonymous Member

That's a big presumption. I can't see why they'd bother. No point shutting the stable door once the cat's out of the bag.

41xfyygWVmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  10. Anonymous Member

seems legit
  11. Anonymous Member

The Bloody skiddies are at it again ! I'm surprised Anonymous haven't been accused?

Because the whole http://par-anoia.net/. Some articles were floating around, stating that "Anonymous was at war with Wiki leaks" all due to the Syrian files, I think some Anons were accusing WL for alledgendly holding back the Syrian files (for Media attention purposes). It was some lame twitter argument, tbh I'm pretty sure there's a thread on it on WWP just go lurk for it.
  12. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

ngbbs4cdd9352ad401.jpg

Ask a stupid question....
  14. Anonymous Member

Well you created the monster lol
  15. Anonymous Member

back on topic...

the mirror link is still working
    • Like Like x 1
  16. looks like we have an answer...http://www.zdnet.com/wikileaks-has-been-under-ddos-attack-for-the-last-five-days-7000002213/

Update at 9:30 AM PST - As pointed out in the comments, a group called AntiLeaks is claiming responsibility for the attack, and has issued the following statement:
    You can call me DietPepsi. I am the leader of AntiLeaks. We are not doing this to call attention to ourselves. We are young adults, citizens of the United States of America and are deeply concerned about the recent developments with Julian Assange and his attempt at aslyum in Ecuador.
    Assange is the head of a new breed of terrorist. We are doing this as a protest against his attempt to escape justice into Ecuador. This would be a catalyst for many more like him to rise up in his place. We will not stop and they will not stop us.

Apparently they're from the U.S., believe Julian Assange is a terrorist, and plan to keep attacking WikiLeaks for as long as possible. When I say "apparently" I mean I have no idea if they really are American (actually, I doubt they are).

Great, just what we needed more fascist morons. My money is still on the US having major involvement and deciding to step up their harassment of Wikileaks and its associates. I also believe they are attempting to smear Julian and paint him as a terrorist to use as justification for throwing him in jail and or having him executed. Let's see what happens to these accusers of Julian last I heard they were being investigated.

Julian Assange Accuser in Bed With Police Interrogator

http://globalgulag.freesmfhosting.com/index.php?topic=252.15;wap2

Wikileaks Julian Assange rape accuser is CIA Operative

Speaking with the Daily Mail newspaper on Sunday, Swedish defence attorney Björn Hurtig said he had access to information, currently being kept secret by Swedish prosecutors investigating the case, which would expose the case as “a charade”.

17. Dragononymous Member

I blame Pepsi now.
    Look what it did to that kids brain...
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

I sense a severe reap is in store for DietPepsi.
    /r/ someone take pics.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

DietPepsi? Really? That is the nick you choose out of billions possible? DietFuckingPepsi?

I call troll. Wait...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. So, lets recap since no one wants to talk about this stuff apparently. We have proof that the US gov is actively and aggressively harassing Wikileaks and their associates. We have an on-going case about those leaks released by Wikileaks being illegal and trying to find a way to charge Assange and ANYONE in Wikileaks with crimes against the US. We have the women charging Assange being coaxed and at least one being in bed with the police interrogator, the other having ties to the CIA and possibly being an agent.
    Then we have Hurtig saying he has evidence that this whole case in Sweden is a charade but that he is being prevented from using some of this evidence. Oh, and then we have some shadowy group that popped out of nowhere that is very pro-America calling Assange a terrorist and basically fighting to stop his attempted asylum in Ecuador. For christ's sake they have the same goals that the US government has.
    They are using the same rhetoric against Assange that the US is using(Feinstein and others called Assange a terrorist). People need to wake the fuck up because this is clearly an attempt to smear Assange, Wikileaks, and all their associates. "AntiLeaks" called wikileaks a terrorist organization....WIKILEAKS?!!! Do they start wars? Do they kill people with drones? Or are they the ones telling us about illegal actions and showing proof when the government lies?? Am I missing something? Am I the only one upset here??
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

None of this is surprising to me. I knew when Wikileaks started releasing the cables that it was going to be the mother of all shitstorms.

Assange will be taken out by a lone nut gunman of Latino origin at some point. I don't wish it, but I predict it.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. I just want to know why I am the only one pissed off on this fucking message board. I'm done for the day this stuff makes me upset.
  24. Anonymous Member

Not really a site for "pissed off." More of a site for Action.
  25. Anonymous Member

Have a drink on me, bro.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

There is an awful lot of tinfoil in the anti-Assange theories. I'm not saying there isn't a grain of truth in them but lots of tin foil all the same.

If the US government really wanted him they would get him. It is what they do.
  27. Anonymous Member

He'll have to live underground, literally.
  28. Herro Member

Probably because you're seeing silly conspiracies that sane people don't see. Try getting drunk and watching the Olympics. It will help.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

Hey hairo. Still trollin'?
  30. Internetzin Member

Diet pepsi may taste the same but it's not all there is it
  31. Anonymous Member

Lol you believe anything.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

I am obviously pissed and I'm sure no one in support of Wikileaks is content with the DDOS however, I'm not surprised about it and I'm not going to flame about it either. Like stated this is a site for action so start something or hit the IRCs? either way i'm sure you will find support.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  33. http://reason.com/blog/2012/08/10/creepy-spying-system-revealed-by-wikilea

What does it mean, when Wikileaks publishes a trove of documents hacked by Anonymous from the strategic intelligence firm Stratfor — a trove that apparently details a massive electronic spying system run by the U.S. government — and is then hit by a massive and sustained distributed denial of service attack that prevents journalists and people at large from examining the documents in question? I can't be the only person that finds that just a tad ... suggestive.

Former senior intelligence officials have created a detailed surveillance system more accurate than modern facial recognition technology — and have installed it across the US under the radar of most Americans, according to emails hacked by Anonymous.
    Every few seconds, data picked up at surveillance points in major cities and landmarks across the United States are recorded digitally on the spot, then encrypted and instantaneously delivered to a fortified central database center at an undisclosed location to be aggregated with other intelligence. It’s part of a program called TrapWire and it's the brainchild of the Abraxas, a Northern Virginia company staffed with elite from America’s intelligence community. The employee roster at Arbaxas reads like a who’s who of agents once with the Pentagon, CIA and other government entities according to their public LinkedIn profiles, and the corporation's ties are assumed to go deeper than even documented.

Note that the ZDNet story was published two days ago and the attack still continues. Wikileaks mirrors are also offline. So are newly established mirrors to which documents were posted just hours ago.
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Anonymous Member

Relevant: has someone here at WWP, been invited to access the Startfor data which have been leaked to wikileaks?
  36. Anonymous Member

It's spelled S T R A T F O R and what do you mean by "invited" - ? - as in the way WL has provided the Stratfor Data to various news outlets?
  37. Anonymous Member

yep
    Apparently, datas are only reachable if you are a university teacher, a journalist, or a VIP.

But also, you can send 5 invitations if you're "selected" (don't like this word). The whole thing is secure with process including a mandatory connection via TOR.

Anyone?
  38. This doesn't have the new cables so its not up to date, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I haven't heard anything about this please keep us posted if you find out anything new.
  39. Anonymous Member

About two hours ago, I went to a WL Mirror, grabbed the GIFiles latest torrent file and downloaded the ZIP archive in less than three minutes. No problem. The folder list on the right side of the jpeg below goes to 178.

GIFiles.jpg

I wasn't able to access the Syria Files, but I didn't try very hard.

I do think that some of this WL rumpus is blown way out of proportion. WL under DDoS attack is just the way the game is played. Welcome to WWIII. Some of isn't fun. Baww...
  40. Anonymous Member

Indeed,as Moot put it another day another DDOS.