Customize

Wikileaks need help! Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Wikileaks need help! Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

My googlefu disappoints, i cant find an accurate number, only hearsay and rumours...
  2. Anonymous Member

It's not 100% informed, but that's the gist of it.
    And yeah, they've only released a tiny, tiny portion so far. Lots more to come.
  3. Anonymous Member

umm, look on wikileaks?
    Cable Viewer

4. Anonymous Member

Fun quotes from Hillary Clinton's internet freedom speech:
    Remarks on Internet Freedom
    of course
    KUHNER: Assassinate Assange? - Washington Times
    [IMG]

Isn't wikileaks such a tool?

thanks

Hello Amazon, Master Card, Paypal, Visa, ...
  5. Anonymous Member

I predict lots of young people in the dock. Fucking around with the crippled Scientology cult is one thing, but pissing off a world superpower is another.

It's a VERY VERY noble cause, don't get me wrong. Know your limits.
  6. Fuckeye Member

There's a reason people don't like you, Boyle...

Published previously, as has been mentioned.
    In case you haven't noticed yet, NYPA is NYPA for a reason. Anonymous does what Anonymous wants, as simple as that. There is no one thing that everyone does. Anyone can take part in any number of projects that they choose, and still be Anonymous. You go do what you like, I'll be joining those that support this.
    Good for them.
    No, that's far from the very least. In fact, that's probably almost as far from the least as you can get.
    Get better laws.
    Then they piss off back to their own country.
    Brilliantly reasoned, logical conclusion.
    Chanology != Anonymous. How the fuck have people still not grasped this after almost three years?
    ..Not really, no.
    I seem to recall WL asking the government to check through some and help them remove vital information. And they refused.
  7. Anonymous Member

Interesting thoughts. However I think a potential flaw in your line of reasoning is that it implicitely holds that organized religion is all BS and that it only exists because people are ignorant due to lack of access to information of some sort. The printing press helped to break up the stranglehold on political power that the Church had in Europe but it also allowed the Church to spread its message all over the world. Information in and of itself doesn't do anything. It has no agency of its own. We may like to anthropomorphise it but at the end of the day it's not the information people come across, it's what they believe to be true. And by the same token, the rise in structures like the internet provide access to a tremendous volume of information but there is nothing to stop individuals to seek out information that confirms their existing world views, much like the sharing of all the "rah rah internet war" blog posts that have been linked in this thread ;)

Perhaps this is a revolution. Perhaps we are caught up in the rapidly changing present and everything looks like a revolution. Marx was convinced that the Industrial Revolution would grow into geopolitical revolution and fundamentally alter the course of human history. And he was partially right- but Institutions have a funny way of adapting and hanging around- something Marx did not consider.
  8. Anonymous Member

I support wikileaks and most of what Payback stands for, but wasn't planning on 'doing' anything about it. However, my good friend (who is now extremely apologetic) was running LOIC for about 2 hours today against that Postfinance bank. His 'rationale' was that we would get 'lost in the crowd'. When he first told me I wasn't concerned as I thought it would have been some lame no-effect effort. Checking online later I see fucking loads of reports of how Postfinance had been down for hours! To add insult to wifi abusing injury, the Hive turned out to be only 400 strong. This slim number and it's apparent effect have me sweating tinfoil. Should I be raging at him for the impending shitstorm? I just don't have the expertise to realistically assess the risk. Anyone with good info? - please no guesses to add to my tinfoil!

inb4 don't let retards on your home network
  9. Anonymous Member

Dude, don't come in here and talk about doing illegal shit. This place is going to get attention from the authorities. Don't give them grounds for a subpoena. As for your friend, anybody who supports these DDoS antics is a fucking child that should not be allowed on the computer without parental supervision. I hope you and your friend get assraped in federal prison because you are both profoundly stupid. Have a nice day.
  10. Anonymous Member

Which one?

ITYM "Know your place."
  11. Uncle Bruce Member

"Can the Executive order the assassination of a U.S. citizen without first affording him any form of judicial process whatsoever, based on the mere assertion that he is a dangerous member of a terrorist organization?" A U.S. Court has ruled that the answer is maybe.
    Daphne Eviatar: Al-Awlaki Decision Leaves Key Questions Unanswered
  12. Consensus Member

I'm thinking of composing an open-letter challenging policy-makers to get online and engage in debate with us. I believe I can make a persuasive case for why doing so serves humanity better than an internet war (that they cannot win).

But I need links to debates. Where are the best arguments about transparency taking place online? I don't care about tone, I don't care how large or small the forum is, I don't care what language it's in. I want links where there is a high-level, persuasive discussion with the aim of reaching a consensus. They're willing to send their talking heads onto cable and network television; there's no reason they should avoid engaging the people directly.

From my little neck of the internet, I've got these two threads:
    To Leak, or [How] Not To Leak: Ethics of Wikileaks & Redacting Practices - The Something Awful Forums
    Wikileaks Mk III: Climbing In Your Mailbag, Snatching Yo Cables Up/No Rape Discussion - The Something Awful Forums

I'm sure ya'll can do better; I'm not everywhere. Dump here plz. It doesn't matter if you think there's no chance in hell that they'll accept the challenge; the point is to call them out and make them look like dinosaurs.
  13. rof Member

Fatty, you are delusional.

Policy-makers make policies to fuck you on purpose.
  14. Consensus Member

And the internet has fucked them six ways to sunday. They should be just about ready to listen.

And if they aren't - and I don't expect them to be that wise - it's our job to embarrass the fuck out of them for it.
  15. grebe Member

No, governments can't absolutely suppress secrets. However, they can make the sharing of secrets so risky and expensive as to practically suppress them. See China.

Find respectable academic journalists to somehow pick up responsibility for Wikileaks. A lot of them.
  16. Anonymous Member

Who do you want them to talk to? Don't say "us." The internet is not a thing.
  17. Consensus Member

'us' is the people. They're used to talking at us through the old-media (television). We've changed. We communicate via the internet. They need to change too.
  18. HellRazor Member

With all this Operation Payback stuff going on, I need to buy shares in Prolexic.
  19. Re: Wikileaks need help! Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

Take care!!!
  20. Anonymous Member

BBC News - Mastercard 'hit by Anonymous Wikileaks revenge attacks'
    I'm proud of you Anon.

P.s I don't think you should be doing it. Indeed, I don't think that you're doing the right thing at all. If you were a real person I wouldn't shake you by the hand warmly and buy you a pint. I highly condemn all illegal activity and distance myself from it.
  21. ScriptKiddie Member

I don't agree with this. Do you not think that secret documents are secret for a reason? Trust your elected government, your only making their job more difficult.
    Free of press and all yeah I know, but this is too far in my opinion- stick to scientology.
  22. Anonymous Member

You obviously aren't living in the UK.
    We have a government that no one voted for. I'm not exaggerating, no one voted for this. We're rather annoyed. Don't say things like "trust your elected government" when the cables have proved that there's no reason to trust them at all.
  23. Anonymous Member

Buy shares in Mastercard etc, while their share prices are down.
  24. OTBT Member

No.

"People should not be afraid of their governments.
    Governments should be afraid of their people."
  25. ScriptKiddie Member

The glass is always half full, never half empty.

...and I'm not talking about trusting your Government on issues such as tuition fees with the libdems. I'm saying trust your Government, no matter what party, to have the safety of its people first. If they felt it was safe to release all these documents they would have done it themselves.

Had my say, won't add anymore.
  26. OTBT Member

Valerie Plame
  27. Re: Wikileaks need help! Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

Some material is classified because revealing it can endanger people other material is classified because governments find it inconvenient for the people to know what's going on.
  28. Anonymous Member

Sorry, gotta raeg a bit more.
    Extradition laws prove that they don't. The majority of politicians are self-serving power hungry bastards. I can say that because I'm the child of one.
    Also; Aussie PM saying that she wants to revoke Assange's passport. Yeah, really sticking up for him. I can see the dedication to their citizens there.

/raeg

Back to Wikileaks gais!
  29. Anonymous Member

What if the "reason" is that your government is lying to the people it represents? You're so naive.
  30. Mythic Member

Play nicely you lot. I want to hear more about WikiLeaks. What do we know about these guys DDoSing?
    (Just a heads up, we can't "promote illegal activity" and this site is more certainly being monitored atm, what with the whole DDoSing etc. Just bear that in mind)
  31. Anonymous Member

wikileakssffgfx41920101.jpg
  32. Major Boyle Member

Re: !

I'm a Canadafag, but thanks for playing.
  33. xenubarb Member

Trust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected governmentTrust your elected government
  34. Re: Wikileaks need help! Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

Doubleplusgood fullwise goodthink. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.
  35. WhiteNight Member

yeah, and 2+2=5
  36. HellRazor Member

^ QFT. The fallout from last summer's G20 mass arrests of citizens in Toronto is still in the media. Looks like police an politicians went way overboard.

"There are four lights!"
  37. Graham Berry Member

Has anyone searched for cables or other dox and references to Scientology?

It has recently been suggested that after the 1993 Tax Agreement between Scientology and the IRS, all criminal investigations of Scientology related matters had to approved by the State Department, which is also expresslyresponsible for ensuring that Interpol does not conduct any Scientology related investigations or arrests.
  38. Anonymous Member

There are about 10 dox and 1 anti-german anon cell jpg in the archived. Clearly labelled.

Link to zip of torrents.

http://wikileaks.cordover.id.au/file/wikileaks_archive.7z
  39. Anonymous Member

Files in archived are of torrents of:

Bylaws of a scientology organization 1989
    Bylaws of a scientology organization 1989 from doc
    collections officer list of actions
    collections officer list of actions from doc
    command chart of scientology
    fo 3434 rb rpf 1974
    Org board 1983 copy of gif
    scientology flag ship org re incorporation netherland antilles 1989 from doc
    unaminimous written consent

Most of which are in pdf format.
  40. Krytenanon Member

Oh found some more on Cchr mails.pdf