Customize

Wikileaks need help! Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Wikileaks need help! Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

Remember when I said :
    So what do you believe is the reason for the "insurance file" with the virtually unbreakable password that was brought to the world's attention by the guy who got docs from sooper sekrit computrz is?

Lemme know kay ? Ima gona let you guyz be all OMG NOT ONMYINTERNETZ noa.
  2. Pigeon Member

Yeh. Def.

Unrelated point, but people need to stop being so prickly about this. Just because you have a controversial point of view that you're getting hammered for, doesn't mean those same people are limiting your freedom of speech. We can protect your right to say something while still rudely disagreeing with it.
  3. Anonymous Member

It's just that, insurance. It's name is "insurance". Does what it says on the tin. What's in it? I don't know. What's it's purpose? To remind the world that "there's more where that came from".

Indeed. You can make your point, fair enough. We're not stopping you. We're just pointing out that you're a prat.
  4. Re: Wikileaks need help! Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

Asange knows goverments are like the Maffia when it comes to their "sekritz"

Who are these two women anyway ?
  5. Anonymous Member

US congress members have threatened to assassinate him , even though he has done nothing illegal.
    Publishing government leaks is perfectly legal. Only stealing government secrets is illegal.
    So it can hardly be called "blackmail" from his side, when he is the one who is being threatened by illegal means.
  6. Anonymous Member

Gotta correct you on that one. I don't think the Congressman did actually threaten assasination, they did say he should be "executed for what he's done" though.
  7. Anonymous Member

I was under the impression it wasn't a Congressman, it was a campaign aide.
  8. Anonymous Member

It contains the whole cable archive and other stuff
    Julian Assange answers your questions | World news | guardian.co.uk
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

Just two quick thoughts:

First, if you decide to get more involved in this than just posting your opinions keep in mind that you are playing with some VERY dark people, both government types as well as assorted nutbags. Either group is capable of taking action against their perceived enemies in ways that make CofS "fair gaming" look like child's play. In the U.S. the patriot act enables the government to make your life miserable without your even knowing where it's coming from.

Secondly, and the ship has already sailed on this one, the fact that anonymous is now perceived as defending wiki-leaks is a bigger win for the cult than they ever could have hoped for. Whatever the truth of the matter, a large number of people, many of whom may detest the cult, are going to see anonymous in a very negative light. DM must be dancing around his office for joy. This could turn out to be a major foot bullet for the group. Time will tell.
  11. Anonymous Member

Assange's lawyer called the insurance file a "thermo-nuclear device".

Well, at least he didn't say it was a Cruise missile.
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Anonymous Member

Oh piss off!
  14. Anonymous Member

There's an irc channel trying to ddos paypal. And beyond how inherently fucking stupid that idea is, this is seriously some of the most depressingly unorganized anon shit I've ever witnessed. Dear god.
  15. Anonymous Member

fathertedcarefulnow.jpg [SIZE="4"]He's got a point.[/SIZE]
  16. Mythic Member

It's not Anon... It might be anon though. Script kiddies. You can't DDoS something as big as PayPal. It's too big...
  17. Anonymous Member

DDOS'ing paypal is stupid. It's not better than censorship.
  18. Anonymous Member

thus the "an irc channel". God, it's ridiculous, there's about ten random IPs they're trying to DDoS at once. I'd be worried about it being a bad idea if I thought there was any chance of it being even remotely successful.
  19. Anonymous Member

i'd love 2 help but this is rlly way over my tecnical level!
  20. Mythic Member

Hmmmm.
    It can be seen in two ways. Either the DDoSers will make Anon look weak, end of story or the DDoSers will serve some purpose by making Anon look weak right up until the chans step in and LOIC everything in sight. Chans might take them by surprise that way. I doubt they'd go for PayPal though.

Hmmmm indeed. I don't know. I think we've got to let this play itself out. I can't and won't recommend or endorse that any of you join in with these guys. They're just drawing attention to themselves without getting any results.

If you were to do anything though, such as online activism or IRL activism don't doi anything stupid. Please? Remember you're playing with the big boys now. It's not Op Titstorm, this will be much, much bigger. This is the US government and various other states and they want blood. They may (and probably are) looking for anyone to give a good kicking and be made an example of. You may end up being that example. There's strength in numbers, especially online. Join a movement, don't go solo.

That's all I'm saying (and all I can say I'm afraid).
  21. Anonymous Member

They changed their mind to the postfinance.ch site. The bank. Not that I'm stupid enough to participate, I just think this irc log will wind up to be HILARIOUS.
  22. Anonymous Member

Linx plox.
    Actually.... noooo. I don't know if I want my IP on the log. LOVE to see a copy of it though. It sounds lulzy.
  23. Anonymous Member

the part where the Op shat bricks and started banning people who asked wtf they were doing targeting paypal was good, I'll have to find it.
  24. Mythic Member

Hahaha.... ahhhhh. Fuckwittery is rife once more. Now all we need it for the Channers to join the party and we'll be swimming in a sea of RAEG and teenage testosterone.
  25. Anonymous Member

Dude don't be sexist!
  26. Anonymous Member

Actually surprised. At least here, www.postfinance.ch is down.

Lol, there was also the:
    [14:54] <Tepe> Stop spreading orders around! You do what the ops tell you to do, or you get the fuck out
  27. LocalSP Member

The IRC stuff could be a tarp.
  28. Anonymous Member

29. LocalSP Member

Panda? Don't they have a relationship to the cult?
  30. DeathHamster Member

Yes they do. (I am phone right now, so no dox.)
  31. Anonymous Member

32. Mythic Member

[SIZE=&quot;5&quot;]Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 41 (7 members and 34 guests)

Hey there.
    How you doin'?[/SIZE]
    Joey.jpg
  33. Anonymous Member

Meh, what a load of twaddle. If those are your quick thoughts, best stick to nice slow ones.
  34. Gary Moore Member

Hello guests!
  35. Consensus Member

Random thoughts I just banged out. Feedback welcome. I'm looking to expand, refine, and elaborate.

1) Hop on facebook, ‘recommend’ wikileaks to EVERYONE ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST. Encourage those that respond favorably to do the same.
    2) We /appear/ to be losing ground as more and more organizations withdraw support from wikileaks. We need to shift that narrative by registering an ‘Axis of Arrogance’ website that compiles a list of all companies that act in a manner that opposes transparency. We need to shame any and all organizations that are acting butthurt – and what are the chans good for, if not shaming the butthurt? Make it clear that the DEFAULT position SUPPORTS free speech.
    3) We need to appeal to big-hitters that are potential allies – facebook, google, Comcast, AT&T, news agencies, journalists, etc etc. We need to reward any company that comes out publicly in favor of wikileaks or insisting that they will take no action that undermines or interferes with them. We need to identify which of their business partners are most likely to get butthurt if they come out in favor of wikileaks, and work to mitigate any damage that would happen to them for offering support.
    4) We also need to get big-name thinkers on board (Noam Chomsky and Umberto Ecco have both come out in support of wikileaks… ). We need to compile a list of such endorsements, and we need to contact academicians in all fields – political science, cognitive science, computer science, economics, etc – to come out in favor of transparency and freedom of speech.
    5) We need people READING the leaks; not merely sharing them
    6) We need good, well-reasoned responses to any and all articles posted about this. We need to encourage a global dialog about this. We need the people to control the narrative in a civil and democratic fashion. We can’t allow old-media and cold-war-era politicians to control the narrative.
    7) We need to be prepared for a global IRL protest. It may not be time yet, but we should be ready to move forward with this when the time comes. We need to be able to recognize that time.
    8) We need a well-reasoned and persuasive manifesto, and we need to send it out as a press release.

Ways to shape the narrative:
    1) Focus on freedom of speech, not security. Rebut any claims that transparency will necessarily harm our security worse than secrecy does.
    2) Focus on legality. Wikileaks has done nothing illegal – make this point clear.
    3) Is/ought gap. I’ll elaborate on this and how it’s relevant later.
    4) Frame it as new media vs. old media. Claim that ‘post-911 politics’ is a euphemism for cold-war era politics. Force governments to make a public choice – embrace new media, or maintain an outdated cold-war era mindset.
    5) Trust is currency. Always has been, always will be. This whole thing is arising because the very nature of the internet upsets and re-invents out methods of quantifying that currency. Any organization (government or private) that comes out ahead financially but loses the public trust will NOT fare well in the long term. Therefore, it is in the interest of any organization that wishes to exist sustainably to use this crisis to EARN trust, not to burn it.
    6) Don't demonize those embarrassed by the leaks. Criticize immoral and illegal activities that come to light, but treat those embarrassed as fallible humans. Work to construct THEIR narrative in a way that explains their poor decision making, and opens the door for them to see the error of their was and embrace the new-media landscape.
    7) EVERYBODY IS A JOURNALIST. News agencies should not receive any 'special' privilege with respect to free speech; free speech is for ALL. There's a nonsense bullshit belief that news agencies are 'extra protected' and that citizens somehow need to get some invisible 'press license' to be afforded the same protections. This myth is blatantly false; it must be called out and destroyed.
  36. Anonymous Member

New York Times links to WWP site

Hundreds of WikiLeaks Mirror Sites Appear - The New York Times

37. Re: New York Times links to WWP site

Damn Anonymous ! You're everywhere lol

“The reason is amazingly simple,” Mr. Housh said of the campaign. “We all believe that information should be free, and the Internet should be free.”
  38. Anonymous Member

Re: New York Times links to WWP site

39. Anonymous Member

40. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

Sorry, I had to