Customize

Wikileaks Defender Image

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Durga, May 14, 2011.

1. Durga Member

wikileaksdefender.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Moved from another thread and converted to png to save file space
  2. anonymous612 Member

Wikileaks =/= Wikipedia.

Fail harder next time.

EDIT: @creator of image, that is.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Loki's spawn Member

If they put the Wikileaks hourglass as the head, I would like it.
  4. anonymous612 Member

Not even then. The reference to vandals is obviously a Wikipedia reference.

Also, the idea of an Anonymous initiative to track down people who vandalize Wikipedia articles is both gay and hilarious.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Loki's spawn Member

Yea, I meant image, not message. I'm sure we could come up with a much better message than that.
  6. Durga Member

Clearly we will just have to make better images to put this one to shame.
  7. anonymous612 Member

gPEdS.png
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Loki's spawn Member

Caption: We are Anonymous.
    We fight for openness.
    We fight for transparency.
    We fight for freedom.
    Expect us.
    How's that? Any changes?
  9. What's wrong with we are legion/ we do not forgive/ forget/ Expect us?

EDIT: I thought of something more like using the wikileaks symbol brandished as a shield wielded by Anonymous...
  10. Loki's spawn Member

Nothing. I was just wondering if something different would be cool for this.
  11. anonymous612 Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Loki's spawn Member

I liek.
  13. Loki's spawn Member

Actually, this would be cool. What if the other hand had a harpoon labeled "dox"? I dunno, I'm tired, off to bed.
  14. anonymous612 Member

The anon suit doesn't have hands...
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Shoop Wiki Logo on shields, Do something with background .Profit ?

hamburg3.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  16. anonymous612 Member

Do you even have any idea if those anons are actually in favor of the Wikileaks initiative you want to use them to promote?
  17. Jinkii Member

do you see a watermark on the image denoting copyright?
    information is free dingus, lrn2anon
  18. RightOn Member

this ^^^^
  19. Anonymous Member

Hamburg Anons ? Fuck yeah
  20. anonymous612 Member

Lack of a copyright mark does not = lack of ownership (or lack of copyright, copyright does not work that way). Ask the Hamburg anons if they mind you using that photo in a completely unrelated initiative. I expect they probably don't, but that doesn't mean you don't have to ask.

And I'm not talking about copyright, I'm talking about politeness. Those are fellow anons and you're on the same side so a bit of courtesy would be nice.
  21. Durga Member

Hamburg Anons were very early to adopt Net Neutrality and other FoI battles, and have historically been very enthusiastic about creative projects (as evidenced by the costumes and whatnot). I believe Anon004 is one of theirs, if someone wants to get him involved in the discussion.
  22. Zak McKracken Member

I'll just leave this here:
    But there's one other thing I saw in the "how to use production studio" Thread that bugged me a little:

explicit statement:
    The flip side of that, is an implicit requirement that anything posted (or containing, or derivative of other works licensed under other terms) be able to be licensed under the "cc: sharealike" or "cc: noncommercial" as anon0004 suggested.

So, what happens if someone posts a derivative work containing material that the originator wouldn't approve of?
    In the case of anon-created works (being derived from), the courtesy of asking permission may be typically "enough". But I'm not sure it will always be.

I think I might agree with anon004, that we're stepping into a briar patch :/
  23. Zak McKracken Member

also,
    "cc: noncommercial" would break usage of these materials for e.g. cafepress, I think.
  24. anonymous612 Member

If it wasn't clear, my complaint wasn't that he was violating copyright -- because I'm almost positive Hamburg wouldn't have a problem letting other people use their materials/photos/etc -- it was that he wanted to use an image of actual people at an anti-Scientology protest for a Wikileaks protest and just assumed they'd be okay with that. It's a controversial subject, you can't guarantee everyone will just automatically be on your side of it, and since this is other anons you're dealing with you should show them the courtesy of at least asking them. If you'll recall, the site admins did the same for the images on the frontpage; I recall that at least one of them was for a Scientology protest and was used under a FoI heading.
  25. anon0004 Member

this is exactly the problem with licenses.

What If I had licensed all my pics, including the one above, and I would (hypotheticly) cosider wikileaks/ArabOps/Australian Filter/ etc /etc cancer and aids.
    Then what would keep me from lawfagging the shit out of other anons whos operations I do not like? (except common sense)
    And that would not make me any diffrent from the fags we're fighting.

I concur with Zak McKracken and 612 here, mybe because we do that shit so long.

I've released that stuff for everyone to use, as 612 said, so go ahead, as 4chan already did.
    If you happen to know that it is one of mine, you can make me happy by telling me you like to use it, maybe I have some shooping advice for you, but generally, you don't need to get my blessing.
  26. Dragononymous Member

How about....this concept?
    wikishield.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  27. Loki's spawn Member

^The awesome just radiates from it.
  28. Dragononymous Member

It's just a concept...
    V is obviously not as good as the bottom part of the picture
    Edit: and I just notice his hat is sliding...?
  29. Loki's spawn Member

I thought the hat was tilted, makes him look more sinister. Also, I think V's part is pretty good, it draws the attention to the message at the bottom, which is the point, right?
  30. Dragononymous Member

Yabadaba, but I ment Zhe pixels
    I hate visible pixels..
    You don't want to know how I think of the very first picture in this thread..
    (no offense to designer)
  31. Dragononymous Member

I can tilt it, just say which side to.. right? left? upside down? (Don't got for the last, get's some sort of weird Hitler-ish impression..)
  32. Loki's spawn Member

Do you mean the way the hat looks sort of shifted? I'm not an artfag:p
  33. Loki's spawn Member

Maybe a little to the left?
  34. Dragononymous Member

Like this?
    wikishield2.jpg

Edit: Im not finished with the eye yet, will update asap
    Edit Edit: Eye updated.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Loki's spawn Member

Yeah! It makes him look a little mischevious, and what is Anon if not mischevious?;)
    (and yeah, I don't know how to spell mischevious)
  36. Dragononymous Member

How about the new eye?
    • Like Like x 2
  37. loving it!
  38. Dragononymous Member

I still hate the grainyness of that hat...
  39. anonymous612 Member

I hear dramatic music in my head when I scroll past that image.
  40. Dragononymous Member

That's the rehearsal of the church's choir for tomorrow..