Customize

wikileaks being DDOSed, leaks still come out worldwide

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by another123, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: wikileaks being DDOSed, leaks still come out worldwide

I am more concerned that ine douchebag Senator (Lieberman) used his own power to force Amazon into taking down Wikileaks in the US.
    WikiLeaks, Amazon and the new threat to internet speech - CNN.com

This should not happen. What is the next site Lieberman decides he needs to protect us from?
  2. Anonymous Member

You must if you think wikileaks is a communist front group.
  3. Anonymous Member

Point(s) conceded. I guess it's easy to forget there's always an angle on everything. I suppose I just mean that it's best to do it as little as possible, so cutting out the 'silly banter' cables because they seem unimportant would be against that spirit of minimizing bias.
  4. Anonymous Member

I'm still loving it.

We've seen only 500 of the least remarkable cables - there are 250,000 of them in total.

I like to see political figures ridiculed, because I would like to see the apparatus of capitalist politics carefully dismantled and restructured into a more co-operative system.

But it could prevent an invasion of Iraq.

The powers that be don't give a fuck about the likes of you or I, we are dispensable trash, and it's good for people to be reminded of how they, their families and their country can be smashed to pieces overnight by American bombs at the whim of some evil Saudi bastard.
  5. Anonymous Member

herp derp = when I said invasion of Iraq, I meant Iran
  6. Anonymous Member

If wikileaks continues to put out the cables at this slow rate (100-300 cables per day) it will take 3 years until everything is out.
  7. Anonymous Member

8. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I'll leave this here:

Wikileaks DDoS Attacker Arrested, Equipment Seized - Slashdot

TL;DR: Looks like one or the attacker of the DDoS raid got v&ed by local cops no less.

Protip: If you are going to DDoS, don't tweet about it. Apparently this rocket scientist missed that class.
  9. LocalSP Member

10. Anonymous Member

I see no valid source, which says that he was arrested.
  11. OTBT Member

12. Re: wikileaks being DDOSed, leaks still come out worldwide

Saudia Arabia was twisting Iran's balls, while Qatar was licking them. How does World Cup 2022 look now? As for Julian, he's not the mod of a leak site. He's just a guy who really took the legacy of Setec Astronomy to heart. lol

The various nations had months to get their shit together and they knew what was coming, so if this was considered mildly damaging, I wonder what he DIDN'T release. As for me, I find the thought of a lazy Putin far more comforting than a busy Putin.
  13. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Humm... either I got trolled, or I suck cocks. This is what the article said:

The link in the article goes to an article in Information Week. I have no idea if they are reliable and certainly am not sure based on the Slashdot article if the skiddie got vaned. I just went by the part that said:

So if this skiddie hasn't been arrested or if the whole deal is troll, then please disregard I suck cocks.
  14. DeathHamster Member

15. LocalSP Member

I really hope this comes to fruition.
  16. Anonymous Member

To all you fags who think the leaks are a good thing, think of all the losses in diplomacy that have occurred due to the leaks.
  17. Anonymous Member

Thought about it, but i still think that the leaks are a good thing.
    The "losses" are not so severe imho.
  18. LocalSP Member

Think about the opening of new dialog between allies. What if you found out that a good friend of yours was talking behind your back? Wouldn't you want to find out why fag?
  19. star eht Member

I kindly ask you to actually read the whole point, not nit pick a line out of context, to refine what I was saying :

The Cable leaks aren't all good, even if i'm glad they are putting out there the serious shit like those you generously pointed out. But as was my argument, not all of the cable leaks have reasons to be. Many of those leaks hold no important information, and many are subjective and points of view and releasing them will only create tensions that are not needed like :
    - i think putin is like an Alpha dog (paraphrasing)
    - the canada has an inferiority complex toward the US (paraphrasing)
    - Sarkosy has a temper (paraphrasing)

Some that need to be out there, on top of the one you pointed are:
    - USA diplomats asked to spy on others
    - Arab king asking the USA to bomb Iran to 'cut the head of the snake'

I sincerely hope you actually understand my point this time around, feel free to disagree, but at least disagree with the argument in question, not the misunderstanded argument.

have a nice day
  20. Anonymous Member

21. Anonymous Member

As previously mentioned, ALL of the leaks paint a picture of what is wrong with the US when it comes to foreign policy. They show that arrogance and their breathtaking disregard for those they consider ‘allies’ in almost every fucking cable.

So again, STFU.
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Utenhauzen Member

Lol, the only thing left for Palin to do is manipulate/ push FOX news towars her agenda. She always does.
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I wonder how well that will work for her? Provided she doesn't make herself look moar retarded in the process....

Woops, too late....
  26. Anonymous Member

One problem with your argument is, you're just passing on the role of Censor to a new entity. Are you happy to let Assange and Wikileaks decide what you can and can't know? What's the point, then?

And yes, everything is already going through several filters of bias, as mentioned above. We can't escape that. But hopefully, the ideal at work is "transparency makes good government". That becomes a hollow statement when you add "we'll decide what you need to be transparent about".

Releasing it all is the best thing to do. If world alliances are so fragile that a few insulting words are going to cause global catastrophe, then we were already in trouble to begin with.
  27. Anonymous Member

I'm inclined to agree. And who knows? Like it or not, maybe another "close one" like the Cuba Missile Crisis is what we need.
  28. Anonymous Member

As I spent some years working for the government with access to the type of materials being leaked, they bore me. They contain nothing that the communications of other governments don't mirror. I've read them (the NSA has been intercepting our allies and enemies for years, or didn't you know?).

How much information about the cult may be contained in the texts DOES interest me, so kindly take you 'r-tard' comment and sit on it.
  29. star eht Member

well, I was aiming more for 'not news worthy' than the transparency issue. I suppose he couldn't choose what was good and not cuz it would enrage anyone who want it all and bring back the transparency issue.

if it comes down to all or nothing, i'd have to choose all, I still think not ALL the leaks are needed, many being pointlessly harmful to diplomacy and such.

If anything, shit WILL hit the fan hard, either over said pointless wize-ass crack of a diplomat, or a serious issue.

I hope it's gonna be a serious issue, i'd hate it if the world went to shit again over some name-calling
  30. Anonymous Member

These cables date back to 1966. The shit has only just begun to hit the fan.
  31. Anonymous Member

And given the time frame, for sure somewhere in there they talk about Hubbard & Scientology..
  32. Anonymous Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/8-ed...mbassy-interfere-cos-trial-proceedings-22126/

Even though I've read in a magazine that most of the cables in the leaks were supposedly from 2004 and later, while this alleged document would be from 2000.
  33. Rockyj Member

Wikileaks most damming cable! LOL!

http://www.ding.net/wikileaks/234867.txt

The Single Most Damning Wikileaks Cable [PIC]
  34. LocalSP Member

35. MSP Member

www. wikileaks.ch

some switzerland host of the site.
  36. Rockyj Member

;-)
  37. Re: wikileaks being DDOSed, leaks still come out worldwide

j35t3r is the real deal, whitehat legend.true story.most of you have no idea who this person is, some of us do. I'm actually a fan of his work against terrorist networks.real cloak n dagger stuff.....

P.S Herro love me long time
  38. BusinessBecky Member

This really needs to get around. People are gonna shit bricks when they see it.
  39. Rockyj Member

Should a thread be started its just not getting that much exposure?