Customize

wikileaks being DDOSed, leaks still come out worldwide

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by another123, Nov 28, 2010.

1. whosit Member

Re: wikileaks being DDOSed, leaks still come out worldwide

I guess I checked the little box. Didn't mean to do that.
  2. timid sparrow Member

And I LOVE how most of the countries are saying " Oh, this doesn't affect our good relations with the US" Hi lary is prolly buying them off with something. I know I wouldn't just accept a "sorry" it was all somebody else's fault for leaking my stuff.

And seriously, could anyone trust that Clingon woman? The only sensible thing is to pretend you do, and prepare to deliver your own blow later.

It's kinda getting embarrassing to be a citizen of any country now.
  3. timid sparrow Member

World War II may break out, but it won't be because of his ego. It will be because the actions done by others are betrayals.

So does that mean that you condone the actions of your government?
  4. whosit Member

It really is going to be amusing when WWIII breaks out because he wanted to make fools out of the US diplomats. No seriously, this is a good thing for the rest of the world. We really want NK at China's throat. And Saudi Arabia twisting Iran's balls is OBVIOUSLY a good thing. Seriously. Especially with the rest of the Arab world being behind that stance.

5. timid sparrow Member

6. Anonymous Member

^^ I agree that Julian is not to blame for the content. Duh, people.
  7. Anonymous Member

8. whosit Member

9. whosit Member

Yeah, its not like he decided to make it available or give it to 4 major newspapers. He's completely innocent.
  10. timid sparrow Member

11. Anonymous Member

12. whosit Member

13. Anonymous Member

Okay, so quoting someone is messed up.
  14. Anonymous Member

15. timid sparrow Member

16. Legion Member

if i wasnt so drunk id prolly be inclined to give a fuck

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

these leaks are no surprise at all lol

go back to your breakfast cereals and stepford wife lives nao <3
  17. Anonymous Member

lol, you are so funny
  18. whosit Member

19. Legion Member

thx bro i try very hard, i even read a book
  20. Anonymous Member

I am not a bro, but I will take it. I am surprised that I have a gift for you, in my pants.
  21. Legion Member

Oh sweet is it candy? I can has lick?
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

You will be asking me for tarter sauce as a side dish.

;)
  24. whosit Member

25. Anonymous Member

26. whosit Member

That's OK. Just say

Helllllllllooooooo Schwankkkkkkkkkksssssvilllllllllleeeeee

27. Anonymous Member

Hehee. Lighten up. Enjoy the joke along with the rest of us (me).
  28. whosit Member

29. Anonymous Member

Lol e-peens
  30. Anonymous Member

Well, the IS a decent possibility that the 'pedonude scanner' could be followed by a 'tumor-ity'.
  31. star eht Member

this is gonna be counter-intuitive to what I usually stand for, and what was my 1st stance when i heard about the leaks.

But I feel the leak in it'S present form is not a good thing. let me explain myself.

Sure, they are fun reads, and i enjoy the leaks, but what is leaked exactly... it's basically some diplomats point of view on various subjects, not really the country's stance itself, yet it will be mixed up as such.

It's funny to know they consider Poutine an ALFA dog, and Sarkozy has sum temper, but it don't serve any purpose that brew possible diplomatic incident.

SOME of the leaks are relevent, like the arab kind asking the USA to attack Iran, this one is important, as it's about real demands and request for actions. Or that Hillary asked to her diplomats to spy on various country.

But many a leaks are childish. it feel like a kid who stole his sister's secret diary and started reading it in front of all the family during thanksgiving while claiming it's for 'freedom and transparence'

Lots of secrets are also revealed by their own government when it's in the past, like 50 year old document. Because at one point they don't represent a danger anymore for diplomatic incident.

Of course, as diplomats they should have acted better even in private, but should their flaws be reason to make the shit hit the fan? and the US government is over-reacting, i understand them wanting to shut it down, but it'S useless and only serve to anger about anyone that stand for 'the people should know'

try to say only the truth for a whole day, say to your grand-ma her gift is shit, to your neighbour you hate his guts, that the home made dish your girlfriend made taste bad, and to your friend he talks too much. See how shitty your day will become, it'S called diplomacy for a reason, the countries aren't playing truth or dare, they're playing poker, and the last thing you want to do is to show your whole hand.

tl;dr the leaks aren't all appropriate, some deserve to be told, some should remain as private as chit-chat with a friend in your living room,
  32. Anonymous Member

Excellent points.
  33. Anonymous Member

A lot of this is valid. The problem I see is, if Wikileaks started picking and choosing which cables were "leak-worthy" and which weren't, they'd just be tinting the leaks with their own bias. The point of Wikileaks is to release raw, uncensored data and let US draw the conclusions. To hold to that ideology, they have to publish all or nothing.

As for the childish comments in the cables and the danger of honesty, I think the lesson is clear to the State Department: don't record your dumb-ass bullshit opinions in a medium that's going to be stored for years. If you want to call Putin "Batman", wait till your next in-person visit to head office. I'm sure it sounded fucking hilarious in your head, but try being fucking professionals when you right reports, kthks.
  34. Anonymous Member

How do you frame things like, lol lets spy on UN reps?
  35. Anonymous Member

Seriously, STFU.

Through these leaks we learned that the CIA kidnapped and tortured an innocent German civilian, and then applied political pressure to stop the Germans from prosecuting the guilty fuckers responsible.

Through these leaks we have learned how Spain was placed under severe political pressure to drop investigations into torture, extraordinary rendition flights and the murder of a Spanish journalist.

And these are just from the first batch of cables that have been released.

The US has been performing dirty shit for years and getting away with by applying political pressure to close down any investigations. Who knows how many innocents had their lives either ended or ruined because of the unaccountable way the US has stuck its oar into every foreign orifice. The problem is one of attitude, corruption and arrogance – something these leaks illustrate for the world to see. By releasing all of these leaks the pattern is clear and undeniable.

So STFU and stick your ignorant moralising where the sun don’t shine.
  36. DeathHamster Member

There's no need for Wikileaks. Just make sure that all the politicians, diplomats and officials have Twitter accounts. The stupid will rub off by itself.
  37. LocalSP Member

^^^QFT^^^
  38. Anonymous Member

inb4tinfoil

Some of the stories the supposed cables are just flat out lies, there are people saying they never heard or read anything about orders and particularly the UN spy theories. Maybe some of this is legitimate or most, but there are a lot of eye brows raised about the authenticity of some of the information created in the database. This is possible the honeypot idea that had been rumored implied before. To say peoples lives are endangered now is stretching the truth, so listening to flaky ex-agents is flaky business. This leak is a good thing only because now all the agencies affected by it are now aware that they have at least another mole. There is no way that those leaks could have been sent out by one guy. Someone in the gov seems to be dumping more documents in a storm while while everyones focus is on just two people. One of them is partying it up while wikileaks just sits and watches the drama wheels on tv. Nothing about this really adds up.
  39. Anonymous Member

Here's the thing, they already are doing that. They have too large a backlog of leaks to publish everything and so they're going through and releasing what they think to be most important first and working their way down through the list to the things they consider to be trivial. Which is fine, that's the most sensible way to deal with the backlog. I'm just saying, don't trick yourself into thinking that Wikileaks somehow represents unfiltered or unbiased information.

This bias goes much deeper than wikileaks deciding what is most important to release out of necessity. Remember, wikileaks doesn't actually dig anything up, they're just a clearinghouse of sorts. So or wikileaks to receive a leak, somebody somewhere had to have made the decision that it was important to get that info out. And so there's always going to be an agenda. By the very act of saying, "people should know about this" you've already introduced bias and you're already filtering and you're already deciding what matters.

Now the point of all of this isn't to throw up our hands and say well we can't trust anything ever. The point is to just be aware of the fact that there really is never the Truth, only truths. The information we can get from leaks is useful, but we should never fool ourselves into thinking we are getting some rare special glimpse at unfiltered Truth. Information is always bound up in context and bias, it can never speak for itself.
  40. Anonymous Member

Considered watching something else than fox news?