Customize

Wiki Leaks exposes more US troops for killing babies.

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Xenu Is Lord, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Xenu Is Lord Member

A U.S. diplomatic cable made public by WikiLeaks provides evidence that U.S. troops executed at least 10 Iraqi civilians, including a woman in her 70s and a 5-month-old infant, then called in an airstrike to destroy the evidence, during a controversial 2006 incident in the central Iraqi town of Ishaqi.

The unclassified cable, which was posted on WikiLeaks' website last week, contained questions from a United Nations investigator about the incident, which had angered local Iraqi officials, who demanded some kind of action from their government. U.S. officials denied at the time that anything inappropriate had occurred.

But Philip Alston, the U.N.'s special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, said in a communication to American officials dated 12 days after the March 15, 2006, incident that autopsies performed in the Iraqi city of Tikrit showed that all the dead had been handcuffed and shot in the head. Among the dead were four women and five children. The children were all 5 years old or younger.

Reached by email Wednesday, Alston said that as of 2010 — the most recent data he had — U.S. officials hadn't responded to his request for information and that Iraq's government also hadn't been forthcoming. He said the lack of response from the United States "was the case with most of the letters to the U.S. in the 2006-2007 period," when fighting in Iraq peaked.

Alston said he could provide no further information on the incident. "The tragedy," he said, "is that this elaborate system of communications is in place but the (U.N.) Human Rights Council does nothing to follow up when states ignore issues raised with them."

The Pentagon didn't respond to a request for comment. At the time, American military officials in Iraq said the accounts of townspeople who witnessed the events were highly unlikely to be true, and they later said the incident didn't warrant further investigation. Military officials also refused to reveal which units might have been involved in the incident.

Iraq was fast descending into chaos in early 2006. An explosion that ripped through the Golden Dome Mosque that February had set off an orgy of violence between rival Sunni and Shiite Muslims, and Sunni insurgents, many aligned with al Qaida in Iraq, controlled large tracts of the countryside.

Ishaqi, about 80 miles northwest of Baghdad, not far from Saddam Hussein's hometown, Tikrit, was considered so dangerous at the time that U.S. military officials had classified all roads in the area as "black," meaning they were likely to be booby-trapped with roadside bombs.

The Ishaqi incident was unusual because it was brought to the world's attention by the Joint Coordination Center in Tikrit, a regional security center set up with American military assistance and staffed by U.S.-trained Iraqi police officers.

The original incident report was signed by an Iraqi police colonel and made even more noteworthy because U.S.-trained Iraqi police, including Brig. Gen. Issa al Juboori, who led the coordination center, were willing to speak about the investigation on the record even though it was critical of American forces.

Throughout the early investigation, U.S. military spokesmen said that an al Qaida in Iraq suspect had been seized from a first-floor room after a fierce fight that had left the house he was hiding in a pile of rubble.

But the diplomatic cable provides a different sequence of events and lends credence to townspeople's claims that American forces destroyed the house after its residents had been shot.
    Alston initially posed his questions to the U.S. Embassy in Geneva, which passed them to Washington in the cable.

According to Alston's version of events, American troops approached a house in Ishaqi, which Alston refers to as "Al-Iss Haqi," that belonged to Faiz Harrat Al-Majma'ee, whom Alston identified as a farmer. The U.S. troops were met with gunfire, Alston said, that lasted about 25 minutes.

After the firefight ended, Alston wrote, the "troops entered the house, handcuffed all residents and executed all of them. After the initial MNF intervention, a U.S. air raid ensued that destroyed the house." The initials refer to the official name of the military coalition, the Multi-National Force.

Alston said "Iraqi TV stations broadcast from the scene and showed bodies of the victims (i.e. five children and four women) in the morgue of Tikrit. Autopsies carries (sic) out at the Tikrit Hospital's morgue revealed that all corpses were shot in the head and handcuffed."
    The cable makes no mention any of the alleged shooting suspects being found or arrested at or near the house.

The cable closely tracks what neighbors told reporters for Knight Ridder at the time. (McClatchy purchased Knight Ridder in spring 2006.) Those neighbors said the U.S. troops had approached the house at 2:30 a.m. and a firefight ensued. In addition to exchanging gunfire with someone in the house, the American troops were supported by helicopter gunships, which fired on the house.

The cable also backs the original report from the Joint Coordination Center, which said U.S. forces entered the house while it was still standing. That first report noted: "The American forces gathered the family members in one room and executed 11 persons, including five children, four women and two men. Then they bombed the house, burned three vehicles and killed their animals."

The report was signed by Col. Fadhil Muhammed Khalaf, who was described in the document as the assistant chief of the Joint Coordination Center.

The cable also backs up the claims of the doctor who performed the autopsies, who told Knight Ridder "that all the victims had bullet shots in the head and all bodies were handcuffed."
    The cable notes that "at least 10 persons, namely Mr. Faiz Hratt Khalaf, (aged 28), his wife Sumay'ya Abdul Razzaq Khuther (aged 24), their three children Hawra'a (aged 5) Aisha (aged 3) and Husam (5 months old), Faiz's mother Ms. Turkiya Majeed Ali (aged 74), Faiz's sister (name unknown), Faiz's nieces Asma'a Yousif Ma'arouf (aged 5 years old), and Usama Yousif Ma'arouf (aged 3 years), and a visiting relative Ms. Iqtisad Hameed Mehdi (aged 23) were killed during the raid.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/08/31/122789/wikileaks-iraqi-children-in-us.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C91975#ixzz1WixQllPp
  2. Xenu Is Lord Member

What was that US troops were called in Vietnam? Baby Killers? Again ladies and gentleman, war is shit! It turns the best of people in to the worse of monsters, I doubt the people who did this would have under any other circumstances. This attitude that the US and its allies are freeing the world is a lie. We are not Uber Minch and our imperial occupation will always lead to these abuses. A people who suffer these abuses will never trust and only hate us. You will see the result of these action in about 20 year and then you get to support the next great lie.

What was that they said in WWI, the war to end all wars?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Get over yourself OP.
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

It seems to me that US Foreign Policy is a strategy of manufacturing enemies. US Foreign Policy works on having an endless supply of enemies, so that it can remain armed to the teeth, forever.

The claim to being a nation that loves "peace" is bogus. US Foreign Policy works to have endless, pure war and keeping a war economy in place. This may change when all of the American Generations that were born into the 20th century have passed away. But maybe not. The roots of the program run very deep.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Xenu Is Lord Member

Totally 100% agree!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

No u, desensitised asshole.
  8. Anonymous Member

The only nations who can legitimately say this are those who have no military forces. There are a few.

Who can take seriously an armed nation who says, "We love peace."? Bollocks.
  9. Anonymous Member

Indeed, part of the Straussian idea of the American National Mythology.
  10. anonsparrow Member

I hate to be a cynical bastard but this seems quite apt. Brb.. raging against the machine.
  11. adhocrat Member

Having been in the drafty part of the Vietnam War, it became clear to me that our foreign policy is designed to create enemies and split apart people, families and nations.

Ever wonder why that is so? I mean, really, our leaders can't be that stupid. So ask yourself what they get out of the system working as it does.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

The Iraq was had a basic rule of 20 innocent dead for every 1 target (person) hit, that they intended to. Old news, really. The guy who used to push that button worked at the Pentagon. When he went to Iraq to examine his handiwork, he became distraught, quit, and spoke to NPR. And probably others.
  13. Snag Member

"War, and its consumption of life, has become a well oiled machine."
    Its amazing to consider that it's for simple reasons we (as human) turn to war. Money? Ideologies? Religion? Food and water.
    All have become simplified and attainable in the 21st century. Its people (acting inhuman) that drastically effect its eligibility.
  14. Anonymous Member

I would love if this were mentioned at the Republican debate coming up.
    I know it won't, but my guess would be it would deflected to go after wikileaks rather than addressing the larger issue.
    Lots of politicians on both sides of the aisle have been made wealthier by having a large military. A military that builds parts in many many states so that congress critters keep voting to support them for the jobs.
  15. Anonymous Member

ITT: Hippies baaaawwww for peace man.
  16. Snag Member

"Peace Man" is an urban myth. He doesn't really exist.
  17. Anonymous Member

America is a Christian Nation, after all.

View attachment who-killed-more-people-in-the-bible-god-or-satan.j
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Snag Member

19. Anonymous Member

Mais oui.
  20. Anonymous Member

Yeah, peace would be a terrible thing.
  21. Anonymous Member

The US military industrial complex is a massive part of the American economy and, the world economy. There is also massive amounts of money to be made (I can't use the word earned) from war economies.

Manufacturing and selling weapons domestically and internationally is a huge business enterprise. I think it's proportions match that of EMPIRE.

As for 'stupid' I agree with you, and don't believe this to be the case. I think it to be a case of delirium, induced by acceleration and the effects of prolonged acceleration.

Moving so many different forms of information around the world, at speeds approaching that of the speed-of-light is what I mean by the term acceleration. Whenever I'm in Chicago, I'm at least momentarily astonished by the velocity of economy (information).

Living at the speed-of-light is an unprecedented state for any society to be in. War is now a business, a very very big business.
  22. Anonymous Member

Funny, no apologia from "Anonsoldier" ITT. I guess he's got fuck-all to say now.
  23. kirkjimmy Member

War has always been a business.Since the beginning of time.Never been about religion,ever.Only land and resources.Its thievery and at its greatest.Dressed up as bringing peace and democracy.Innocents get killed and it gets covered up all the time.It never changes.
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. 00anon00 Member

IDK if he ever said that this doesn't happen in the USA military.
    If you want a good reference to institutional evil in the military, try "People of the Lie" by F. Scott Peck. He was sent (by the Army) to study Mei-Lie. They wanted to keep both the massacre and the cover-up from happening again.

This shit is not OK with the US military. You are thinking of Libya/Khmer Rouge/Serbia.
  26. Xenu Is Lord Member

Funny but please don't kill a kitten :(
  27. adhocrat Member

Yes, some people wanted to learn how to not let it happen. But then it does happen again. To understand why read The Lucifer Effect by P. Zimbardo.
  28. Spider-Man Member

TL;DR

Sorry but it's just too fucking long. Summary please?
  29. Dragononymous Member

people getting butthurt about children being killed out of army drilled way of thinking
  30. Spider-Man Member

Lol but they signed up for it. Also the army's fault for making soldiers look like pretty cool guys eh.
  31. Dragononymous Member

You don't sign up to shoot children, run over families because you are not allowed to stop or drive people of the road at night because all the lightf your vehicle should be off, and kill people in the crash.
  32. Spider-Man Member

But they signed up to kill.