Customize

Why is Narconon Advertising via google Ads allowed here at WhyWeProtest?

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by AnonyMary, Feb 9, 2009.

1. AnonyMary Member

Why is Narconon Advertising via google Ads allowed here at WhyWeProtest?

Does anyone know why there are google ads for the 'referral Hotline" that is set up for Narconon Vista Bay? The ad set up between your post and the next one.
    Here's the link to them :
    Thread: blank doubts that ABLE is sending $$ through to CoS

The ads are above and below Blanks post
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/728593-post1/

It is very typical of the scam front group, to make fake 'addiction referral' hotlines but only send people to the Narconon they are shilling. There are too many victims already. It makes me sick to see these ad here on wwp. How do you get rid of them?

Here is the data on Drug-Dehab.org at wiki's aboutus.org

Drug-Dehab.org
    Addiction Help Line
    DManson@drugrehab.net
    Drug-Rehab.org - AboutUs Wiki Page
    www (dot) aboutus.org/Drug-Rehab (dot) org

Just so happens that drugrehab.net/ is the site for Narconon Vista Bay in CA
    Are you Confused? Overwhelmed? Depressed? Get Drug Rehab Help Now!

We anons helping victims know of other set ups like this for Narconon Newport Beacch, Narconon Stone Hawk and Narconon GA. If any good comes frm this ad being posted here it the eventual Fraud, Deceptive Trade Practicves and RICO suit is substanciated once more.
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/741616-post42/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-ge...ts-able-sending-through-cos-38143/#post728593

Here are the googleadsense click links from those ads.

Drug-rehab.org is a non-profit drug & alcohol rehab referral service
    (http: //googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BrpeUfnOQSbOuHabsaNGnoeYLkt_Ifsa0yI0IwI23AeCJHBABGAEg58qjCDgAUOPt7tgEYMmm6Y2ApYAQoAH0vKjyA7IBF2ZvcnVtcy53aHl3ZXByb3Rlc3QubmV0ugEJNzI4eDkwX2FzyAEC2gFgaHR0cDovL2ZvcnVtcy53aHl3ZXByb3Rlc3QubmV0LzctZ2VuZXJhbC1kaXNjdXNzaW9uL2JsYW5rLWRvdWJ0cy1hYmxlLXNlbmRpbmctdGhyb3VnaC1jb3MtMzgxNDMvgAIBqAMByAMF6AM76AO4AfUDAAEABPUDAAgAAJgEAA&num=1&adurl=http://www.drug-rehab.org/%3Fcpao%3D111%26cpag%3DNarconon%26kw%3Dnarconon%26cpca%3DDrug-rehab.org%2BNationwide%2BPPC%2BContent%2BNetwork%2BIMG&client=ca-pub-5886427669634294&nm=55)

(http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/...twork+IMG&client=ca-pub-5362213592500480&nm=4)
  2. LRonAnon Member

Re: Why is Narconon Advertising via google Ads allowed here at WhyWeProtest?

imgad?id=CIGv0aXYz5KwRRDYBRhPMgjHg4NeuYl5oQ.jpg
  3. Re: Why is Narconon Advertising via google Ads allowed here at WhyWeProtest?

Houston, we have a problem.
  4. none given Member

They pay for it and no one here is going to fall for it.

Works for me.
  5. flimbos Member

LOLLED . . Another "well" targeted add . .

Great work on exposing yet another front.

And thank ABLE for making it appear once more on this site. . . great PR work you guys.
  6. LilDebbie Member

mods, be sure to inform ur google adsense account representative so the ur account doesn't get pulled again for "gaming the system" or whatever bullshit they said last time.

[strike]everyone else, DO NOT click those ads from as many unique IPs as possible in order to drive up the cults advertising costs. that would be wrong.[/strike] don't do that, you're jeopardizing WWPs adsense by encouraging this.

addendum: has anyone tried calling the hotline (wear a condom) to get a referral? could make for lulzy audio recordings.
  7. themadhair Member

Wasn't these type of ads a problem for EO?
  8. Nataku Member

3 Days Ago:
  9. anonymous44 Member

Well, you missed one, cause I just saw an ad for Tom Cruise's web site this morning (in the GD forum, methinks).
  10. Gede Member

Many links have been blocked, but it seems to be taking some time for Google to update their lists, or put them into effect or something. We're aware of the Scientology ads, and are trying to keep them off the site altogether. In the meantime, DO NOT CLICK THEM!

Thanks.
  11. MrNiceNice Member

If I "click" does WWP get SciRamen?
    no word would describe...
  12. MrNiceNice Member

like uhmmm ,, if the IP harvest and cookie scuds don't go
    to deep. scammin' the clams for googlebucks would be
    _________??? heh
  13. reznik Member

retarded.
    Do. Not. Click.
  14. Anonynamefag Member

Firefox. Adblock+. Problem solved.
  15. MrNiceNice Member

^^fixed^^
    If there is no danger and Scientology wants, effectively to cut a check
    to WWP for a couple thousand clicks a day I'm at a lose how this is bad.

The WISE folks would be ABLE to catch on after a while...

If it is safe. What is wrong with DM cutting a check to help run
    WWP??
  16. ARC Member

Just to pre-empt free speech bawwing, and to explain why we are removing Scientology ads:
    We would have been happy to let Scientology advertise here, but Scientology does not want to advertise here and are incompetent at anything technological, so they don't know how to block their ads from showing here - which they could have done since Google provides the tools to do so. What happened at Enturbulation.org is that they complained to their sales representative at Google, and Google disabled Enturbulation.org's AdSense account because to Google Scientology is a more valued customer than the rest of the internet.

We're blocking Scientology ads as a service to Scientology who are not competent enough to handle such issues themselves.
  17. MrNiceNice Member

:( rats.
    asked/answered
    thanks.
  18. LilDebbie Member

srsly, just lodge a formal complaint with google adsense support and make sure they send you a ticket # which you can cite if they try to pull the same shit again.
  19. da5id Administrator

Yes, I'm on ticket #3 about this and have received nothing but canned responses. My intent is absolutely to show clear and explicit attempts on our part to avoid any troubles, but life doesn't tend to be fair (particularly amongst corporate giants) so I'm not counting on the fact that being right will result in just treatment.

Time will tell, but in the meantime.. please, just ignore the scilon ads.

Thanks
  20. AnonyMary Member

I thought the issue with scientology ads on enturb ( and other sites ) was that google won't allow an adsense customer site to post criticism about one of their advertising companies. That's my recollection and in searching the et just now, I see that my recollection is correct. Here is a blog post about that issue. Isn't WWP at risk for the same thing? Enturb stopped the ads because of this.

May 15, 2008

Google Kills Enturbulation.Org’s AdSense Account

Filed under: Religion, Scientology — Tags: AdSense, AdWords, anti-Scientology, Church of Scientology, cult, cult of scientology, enturbulation.org, Google, Scientology — RB @ 4:53 pm
    Google has killed leading Anti-Scientology activism website Enburbulation.Org’s AdSense account.
    “While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers,” read Google’s letter to Enturbulation, a kind of home base for the now famous Anonymous movement. “Since keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage our advertisers in the future, we’ve decided to disable your account.”
    Of course, it’s not Enturbulation’s fault that Google was serving the site pro-Scientology ads. AdSense automatically chooses ads based on a site’s content. And like any AdSense advertiser, the Church of Scientology has the power to ban its ads from individual domains.
    Well, Google is a business, not a contender in a morality contest, I guess… "
    http://theframeproblem.wordpress DOT com/2008/05/15/google-kills-enturbulationorgs-adsense-account Google Kills Enturbulation.Org’s AdSense Account The Frame Problem

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/15/google_kills_another_anonymous_adsense_account/print.html
  21. JFawkeson Member

Works for me.
  22. ARC Member

Yes Google can suspend any account for any reason, and that was their excuse, but you'll still see Google ads on activist sites etc. The real reason they booted the Enturb AdSense account is that Scientology didn't know how to use AdWords and went crying to their sales representative.
    (The click fraud investigators at Google were never involved in this.)

In related news, Google AdWords has now updated their rules. Preivously, they said
    "Advertising is not permitted for the promotion of religious content."
    but now it says
    "Advertising is not permitted for the promotion of religious content when targeting ads to Indonesia."

Religion - AdWords Help

http://groups.google.com/group/adwo.../5354bebe23fef2bf/3538ec4413ab82ac?lnk=gst&q=

http://groups.google.com/group/adwo...956ae030788/a30f973d4b874c3a#a30f973d4b874c3a

I love how this Anonymous vs. Scientology thing works as some kind of epic justice machine rolling all over the internet sniffing out free speech fail and calling attention to it. It sure helps that Scientology vigorously manifests many evil characteristics.
  23. reznik Member

tl;dr.

24. Vir Member

They don't stop trying, do they:
    1zf5xyp.jpg