Customize

Why $cilons don't want you to use Cult

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Major Boyle, May 15, 2008.

1. Major Boyle Member

Why $cilons don't want you to use Cult

After seeing the new fairgaming video in General Discussions, it occurs to me that the reason $cientology doesn't want to use the word Cult is that it is trying to establish itself as a religion in Britain. Therefore, effective immediately, all anons should refer to the cult of $cientology as a CULT, not a religion. Always use Cult. If the cops want to arrest somebody, get a namefagged volunteer.
  2. highoverlord Member

Re: Why $cilons don't want you to use Cult

this is true. we should use the world cult hard core
  3. Anonymous Member

Fine. Change it to: The Cunt Of Scientology.

Works for me!
  4. Spork Member

If "cult" causes problems a sign which simply says "Scientology is NOT a religion" could work as well. In a way maybe that's more to the point and less likely to cause offence (contains no loaded / potentially derogatory language).

(For the record I firmly believe that Scientology is a cult.)
  5. MrMatrix Member

if everyone had the word CULT on their signs, on their clothing and anywhere else...they can't arrest you all!
  6. Sanjuricus Member

Maybe not but they can disperse a protest and get heavy handed should they see fit. NOT good press for Anonymous. Public opinion is valuable to us.
  7. Re: Why $cilons don't want you to use Cult

Scientology is a cult.
  8. alpanon Member

^^THIS^^

If the police talks do not go through... What are they going to do, ban you from using the word "NOT" on your signs?
  9. holdemm Member

How about CLUT?
  10. Wrathlon Member

Cant you just make something like

Cant U Love Thetans?
  11. Major Boyle Member

Can you say "I believe $cientology is a CULT!" Not the same thing as calling them a cult, is it?
  12. Enturbonegro Member

^^This. Or, alternatively, "Scientology is a Cangerous Dult."
  13. ScudMuffin Member

Not going to happen any time soon. They did a study of the group in 1999 (I have been going through it for info that could help get around the leafleting probs for BrumAnon), taking into account the impending ECHR Laws (which came into full force in 2000) and said

"...the Commissioners concluded that CoS is not established as a charity and accordingly is not registrable as such..."

"...the core practices of Scientology, being auditing and training, do not constitute worship..."

"Public benefit arising from the practice of Scientology and/or purpose of CoS had not been established..."

That's off the front page of the report (50 pages long). Link to the PDF below.

www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Library/registration/pdfs/cosfulldoc.pdf

And the UK gov's official TL;DR version

DECISIONS OF THE COMMISSION-CASE SUMMARIES
  14. Re: Why $cilons don't want you to use Cult

Oh, Scientology is undeniably a cult. A mystery cult, no less. There's no two-ways about it.

The question, and the association Scientology wants desperately to avoid, is the modern redefinition of 'cult' to mean only DESTRUCTIVE cults. The word "cult" is actually rather innocuous by itself, although it tends to imply strange behavior. Destructive cults, on the other hand, are the ones that pull people in, use mind control, take all their money, prostitute the women out to the leader, so on and so forth.
  15. subgenius Member

For London: How about "$cientology is occult."?
    True, and a homonym (if I recall my grade school grammar correctly).
  16. Flynn Member

Hey I like that. also:
    "I'm not allowed to say what $cientology is"
    "everyone knows what $cientology is, but there's a law against saying it"

Cults are so bad that you can't say a group is one, yet they are allowed to be one.

Footbullet anyway. 'Don't call us what we are, that's not very nice'
  17. anonymusicz Member

^^^^ THIS

DO IT
  18. Re: Why $cilons don't want you to use Cult

Well personally, Im just going with vanilla "Cult" - if they dont like it and I get v& - fine, if its a lawsuit they want then they can fucking have one
  19. mojo Member

scientology is not a religion
    scientology is not a charity
    it's a fraud

er, officer, is fraud okay?
  20. the anti Member

the difference between a cult and religion is a cult has an unquestioned authority. teehee
  21. Anonymous Member

Just use 'CU*T' :D
  22. Skaanon Member

How about Kult? Can you get arrested for bad spelling?
  23. UNP Member

Just use "Cult". They can't legally detain anyone for the use of that word. Even if they do arrest you, the charges will have to be thrown out of court otherwise the law and the british version of a constitutioon will be broken on many levels.

It's just scare tactics. It's basically the terrorism they accuse us of committing every day.
  24. MarcabEmpress Member

Pleae dont use "occult." Those of use who study wacky stuff get enough grief.

The reason co$ doenst want to word used is because it scares off the raw meat. They are bwwwaaaing, grasping at straws ("our feelings are hurt, Anon is hate-criming us") to shut down protests. Work around the BS, out flank them.

Please, UK Anons, ignore the "everyobody use the word, they cant arrest you all" suggestions. You already have one Anon who has been summoned. "NOT a religion" works beautifully.

Xenuspeed!