Customize

Why be anonymous?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Automaton, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Why be anonymous?

You were easy to find. Just think back to the night we made out. Yeah I know who you are, but your secret is safe. "Sweet Buns on the Metro".

I on the other hand, need to catch a flight to Newark this afternoon.
  2. DeathHamster Member

Insinuate, hell! They say it, and without any alleged weasel-wording.
  3. Re: Why be anonymous?

Though I respect the efforts of the anti-apartheid movement I will point out there is more than one way to skin a cat. And one should consider that this is a different effort under different circumstances.
  4. Anonymous Member

I participated (very young) in the 1969 Moratorium and other protests of that era. Now I'm here. Times change. Tell your dad to break out his old Dylan records and listen a little harder.
  5. Anonymous Member

Ditto!
  6. TorontosRoot Member

A mask provides me with protection from scientology, raiding/protesting them, especially risky solo raids.

If I didn't wear one, I would be ruined, even more so, fair gamed. I do NOT want a scumbag to follow me home (it would be hard, as I scatter and blend into the crowded subway and street like a roach, mouse or other small animal in tall grass). If the neighborhood I lived in was hostile to strangers (some are, don't get me wrong), I wouldn't give a shit if they followed me, because they would get shot or knifed in the back allies.

I had one semi-fair game experience when attempting a solo raid (my first evar). Had the sign taken away from me by two tall male and female scifags, the female suggested "you should leave now" as if both were going to punch and kick the shit out of me on Yonge st in toronto, in broad daylight.

Since then, I haven't seen them AT ALL. Either they left, or got killed, or went to OSA or Sea-Org. They creeped me out.
  7. Anonymous Member

Many people in this thread seem to be extremely defensive. Kudos to the handful of people here that articulated a reasonable response.
  8. thereckoning Member

Do you have any pictures or videos that show officers in the US doing busts waring masks? ie, dox me big daddy. else, BS. Also, when cops are waring a mask, they are trying to do a job of arresting criminals they are not trying to persuade public opinion. A protest and a police bust are kinda two different things.

Yes, I think David Miscavige's reign is coming to an end but in all honesty, it won't be because of kids waring Halloween masks, it will be more because of the independent movement being put through by Marty and Mike.

Sorry to have to break this to you but Anonymous is a late stage "symptom" of the church of scientology being off the rails not it's cause. The church has being having problems long long before Anonymous came along, like the mid 90's.

Don't get me wrong, Anonymous has had an impact, the impact of a mosquito biting a rhino's ass. The main cause of the church of scientology's problems is...........well, the church of scientology.
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

You're assuming I give a shit. Swaying public opinion is a happy side effect, IF it happens. The only reason I've been fucking with Scientology is to irritate the fuck out of them and watch them squeal and baaaaw. Hearing them whinge and cry, and watching them hemmorage cash in the form of pricy ads online and on TV gives me my daily dose of lulz. And a massive boner.

Now, can you go be a faggot somewhere else, please?
  11. Anonymous Member

For a fukkin newb, you sure chatter a lot. STFU and lurk MOAR.
  12. MrCorduroy Member

9/11 Toxic Dust Whistleblower Raided By SWAT Team Follow that link. First officer on the left. Likely works undercover on the same ring he is about to bust. The task force the old man worked on was made up of a LOT of undercover narcotics officers. Further, I was not the one who raised the issue of police wearing masks. I was confronting an incorrect statement. In other words, I did not make the poor metaphor.

While I do agree that Anonymous is not the cause of the fall of Co$, I think the only way we will have more of an impact is by having some minute degree of self control amongst ourselves. The masks are part of the unifying symbol that will make us somewhat cohesive. Though I have to wonder, if you really don't think that anonymous is having any effect, what are you doing on a sight dedicated to it?
  13. Re: Why be anonymous?

The good thing about this is you can give ur dads address. wats he like on his pizza?
  14. thereckoning Member

There's always exceptions to the rule if one looks hard enough. 99.99% of the time cops in the US don't ware masks to busts. Also, in the picture, I only saw one guy covering up the lower half of his face, other officers were not waring masks.

Good question.

Answers: 1. Last time I look ESMB registration has been frozen.
    2. I do read and post on Marty's blog but all the Marty ass kissing that goes on there gets to me some times.
    3. I can speak more freer on this message board.
    4. For the shits and giggles of it.
    5. I love fucking with clueless down syndrome victims. ( ie tards ) :)
  15. Anonymous Member

Oh, gawd. Another one who likes to talk.
  16. Ann O'Nymous Member

I would be happy to hear your views about this chain of events:
    Morton, then Anonymous, then the media, then M&M's.
  17. BusinessBecky Member

Are you forgetting Hubbard there?
  18. MrCorduroy Member

The first bit isn't even worth continuing to pursue. Point is, they DO. And more than 0.01% of the time. Every undercover narcotics cop will wear (wear is, after all, the correct spelling in this context) a mask to a raid.

Further: You may be able to speak more freely here, but if it is just to "tards" then why are you wasting your time speaking at all?
  19. Anonymous Member

Holy shit, this nigga's mad as hell.
  20. Anonymous Member

fify.
  21. Anonymous Member

m7GoM.jpg
  22. MrCorduroy Member

And just because I decided to pursue this even though it is irrelevant to the conversation...

Google Image Result for http://www.cambridgepd.net/sear/swat%20001.jpg

Google Image Result for http://marioncountyinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Polkie.jpg

And most importantly... Question About Police Wearing Balaclava Masks in the US
  23. Anonymous Member

Officers that do not wear masks to protect their identity in drug gang busts are risking the lives of their families.
  24. Anonymous Member

Oh, so you're just a troll? kthx, ignoring now.
  25. thereckoning Member

I'm just trying to say that it's not standard policy for police in the US to ware masks to busts.

Just because you found one example in the 10's of thousands of police buts that go on in the US doesn't mean shit. If you look hard enough for something, no matter what it is, you can find it, no matter what freaky shit it may be. If you look hard enough you can find cops that killed other cops and or cops that ware women's panties to busts, but it is freak.

Like I also stated earlier, police going on a bust of criminals is not the same thing as going on a protest. It would be better if you showed an example of people protesting somewhere in the world ( other than Anonymous ) that ware masks.

Not everyone here falls under that category. As for why, I've already answered that earlier. Re-read the list and do me a favor, lighten up.

Also, from what I've seen, the most effective protesters that have protested against COS don't ware masks.

I'm starting to feel like I'm over at "Martyland".
  26. thereckoning Member

Do you realize how many times people have been arrested for selling drugs by cops not wary a mask? Plus, drug busts and protesting are two different things.
  27. Anonyokel Member

Actually when you're dealing with a criminal organisation, it matters little whether you're in law enforcement or a civilian - it still pays to watch your back in any way possible.

That said, lrn2google: Google image search all nice and warmed up for you
  28. thereckoning Member

But it does matter what action you are engaged in. You can't compare what police officers do to what Anonymous is doing. It's two different things. When a cop is waring a mask it is because his life is at risk. Going to a church of scientology protest is not putting your life at risk.

A police officer arresting someone is putting that person in jail and maybe for life and is subject to revenge. When you go on a protest, it's not the same thing.

There is plenty of people in the past who have protested organizations that were engaged in criminal matters without waring masks.

If someone wants to ware a mask to a COS protest, I'm ok with that. I just think that it lessens your impact. I think the masks spook people a little who are passing by and hurts your credibility. People aren't used to seeing people walking around with masks on in broad daylight unless it's Halloween.
  29. Anonyokel Member

Insofar as we're not arresting people, true. The similarity ends pretty much there though. Both sets of people are placed in a situation where having their identity revealed can have undesirable consequences. Just ask Shawn Lonsdale (protip: you'll need a medium to do this)

As there are plenty of people who have worn masks. Not quote sure what your point is.

EDIT: Ah, thanks for clarifying your position with your edit. I doubt it spooks people to be quite honest - it seems to brighten many people's days
  30. thereckoning Member

Shawn Londale's death was officially ruled a suicide. The church may have been involved it, but as far as I know, there's no evidence to back that up.

Unless you have evidence to prove otherwise. The police ruled it a suicide, are you saying that you know better what happened than the police do who investigated it?
  31. Anonyokel Member

That's my point. Shawn was being regularly "handled" by persons working for/with the CoS. Assuming it was indeed the rather odd suicide it appeared to be, then his mental state would have been affected by these confrontations, would it not?

Of course not. Please try to follow what people write, rather than attempting to "read between the lines".
  32. Anonymous Member

Perhaps, but nigga is doinitrite.

True

False - often when a cop wears a mask it's because 'e also works undercover - and being recognised as a cop may inhibit h' from doing so again - to that extent it's the same thing.

It's incredibly dumb to presuppose that the ongoing pressure scientology exposed SL to didn't contribute to his suicidalality. I guess that makes you incredibly dumb?

BTW: Your new username is transparent.
  33. Anonymous Member

Ok, I am not normally the grammar police, but if you are going to troll anons please spell the main word of your argument correctly.
    Definition of WARE
    1: aware, conscious <was ware of black looks cast at me — Mary Webb>
    2archaic : wary, vigilant
    Examples of WARE
    <he's ware of the dangers that await him in the Antarctic>
    Origin of WARE
    Middle English war, ware careful, aware, from Old English wær — more at wary
    First Known Use: before 12th century
    1) wear (verb)

Wear, however, means:
    Definition of WEAR
    transitive verb
    1: to bear or have on the person <wore a coat>

I shall return to feed the troll later.
  34. Anonymous Member

What cops do and who else wear masks is irrelevant to the discussion, which is why we wear masks. Anons are not part of any group and by our own choice do not aspire to be defined by the actions of any other group or even other anons.

Stay on target
  35. Anonymous Member

Reasons to wear a mask:
    1. Avoid becoming a "Fair Game" victim
    2. Avoid being followed and harassed for the next twenty years.
    3. Scare $cilons with an eternal and souless grin that shows no sympathy.
    4. To hide our identities and identify ourselves as Anonymous
    5. You gotta admit its pretty damn sexy.
    Reasons to NOT wear a mask:
    1. May look cowardly.
    2. It is illegal in some areas.
    3. Can obstruct vision if you are trying to run away/ avoid getting harassed by a $cilon.
    4. Isn't the most friendly public image.
    5. My mask makes me look fat.

There is a legitimate argument for each side of the issue of anonymity. But when it comes down to it, wearing a mask is beneficial for its ability to create an intimidating image and a unified symbol for Anonymous. When I wear my mask, I feel as if I'm part of something bigger like a hive-mind and that my actions are supported and replicated by my fellow Anons.
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Re: Why be anonymous?

6. Because it allows you to act like a crazy person in public with impunity.
  38. Anonymous Member

7.Femanons save lots of time by not having to mess with makeup
  39. Re: Why be anonymous?

8. It allows the horribly disfigured among us to pass as normal.
  40. vaLLarrr Member

Flo Barnett's death was also officially ruled a suicide.

Amazing how an old lady managed to shoot herself at point blank range FOUR times with a shotgun nearly as tall as she was.

In other words - what the official police records show don't mean shit to me, especially when we're talking about the bribe and blackmail happy insidious little UFO cult of L Ron Hubbardry.

Where's Shelly Miscavige, whilst we're on the subject....?