Customize

WHITE HOUSE PETITION TO INVESTIGATE THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Graham Berry, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

best answer
  2. Schwabe Member

Ok - I'm very sorry, but from the data and from earlier experience I'm pretty sure the number of signatures will range from 2500 to 4000 after 30 days. 5000 will not be reached unless there is no constant boost / PR.

Take it to every protest, do extra information campaigns during shopping hours, put leaflets in shops, tell about it at university, school, at work ...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. greebly Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. greebly Member

5. xenubarb Member

LOL I just got this email alert:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Graham Berry Member

Wednesday 09/27/2011 3PM PST and we have just topped the 1,500 mark on the 4th day at a daily average now of about 400 signatures. We have to keep it rolling at a similar rate for a really dramatic result.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. WagTheWog Member

8. another123 Member

Threw together a quick 'talkie', but forgot to include the date (duh).

if you want a copy without the voiceover, to create your own, grab the mp4 with a downloader here.
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

Here we go again! If it keeps up, marijuana prohibition and scientology crimes are going to be forever entwined in the minds of White House staffers. I'd still call that a win.
  11. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. over9000OT Member

LOL. So, uhm, the Scilons are anti-pot, right? It's a psych drug of some sort, amirite? Maybe tying them to the War on Drugs might whip up a little interest from those of us people that partake?

Retarded? Si or no?
  13. XenuKittyT Member

That's not retarded, I see the angle you're trying to use. We need more signatures for this petition!!
  14. Anonymous Member

Bumpity Bump Bump...
  15. Ike Drifter Member

That would risk censoring the voice of an American who is currently overseas, and so I doubt that will occur.
  16. RolandRB Member

Next day and now 1589. 250 (very nearly) for a week day is good.
  17. Anonymous Member

Other ideas........for more signatures.......

Contact mental health organizations and professionals about this petition.
    Contact pharmaceutical companies about this petition.
    Contact any websites/blogs that are for mental health about this petition
    For those of you that have Craigslist accounts......put it on Craigslist!
    Contact anti-abortionist blogs about the petition.

Any group, company, person that has been fucked over by Scientology........
  18. RolandRB Member

^^^
    It needs online media outlets and popular blogs so that the punters can vote there and then.

1600 and America is still asleep. This is still achievable.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Schwabe Member

Current asymptote = 2866, value(30d) = 2396 signatures ...

peionstatus201109291300.jpg
    peionstatus201109291300.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 3rdMan Member

Good news is good.
  21. Anonymous Member

Overseas "Americans", to make sure your voice heard, you could use TOR with the lines added to the torrc file:

ExitNodes {us}
    StrictExitNodes 1

TOR is not blocked at the moment. You have to understand that using email verification and a two step catcha is a big improvement from a simple catcha last time when Obama took office. Filtering IP after the fact is far more impractical than blocking IP in real time. For example, TOR exit nodes changes as users join and leave. Have your own bridge or asking for a bridge is fast - one of the bottle necks is eliminated.
  22. WagTheWog Member

• Like Like x 3
  23. PodPeople Member

[Boston & NY Anons, don't read this, time for coffee break or popcorn]
    Stats are good, but then again: The Tampa Bay Rays are in the Playoffs!!! What are the odds of that?
    They got there by hugh push at the end, and just going for it. 5,000 is possible.
  24. Anonymous Member

Stalled at 1,628 since the AM????? WTF

Email Penn and Teller, James Randi and the like please! Maybe the Catholic Church would like to get some heat off them too.
  25. Graham Berry Member

Stalled again at 1632 WTF! And it seems difficult to keep the word 'petition' on Face Book comments. Am I being cynical or do I smell a possible OSA op?
  26. greebly Member

Back how we doing?
    aha back to work then watch the numbers keep on track:)
  27. Anonymous Member

You're being paranoid. Maybe people don't want to sign it because it's a petition against the feds more than a petition to investigate the cult.
  28. Anonymous Member

try the term "human rights", it's much worse, and try that in Chinese and Farsi
  29. greebly Member

Definately slowing down now. No pickups or retweets at all today so far.
    Think of it this way a scenario for you.

DM "haha fail see they can't even get 5000 ppl round the world to sign something"
    noone cares etc.etc. yet they still say "lol xenu"

30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

32. WagTheWog Member

Where are all the Ex-Scis? I'm assuming this is posted on ESMB.
    I'm also assuming this is posted at Xenu.net, right?
    ExScientologyKids.com is a ghost land . . . so that's not much help . . .

Post links to where we can poon . . .
  33. Smurf Member

Many ex-Scilons and Indies have signed the petition.
  34. greebly Member

Not all yet smurf, Mick for example does not want to sign it and others seem to "Distrust" the Govt.
    Another mentioned sending out 400 mails hopefully that person is following it through.

awaiting further "lol xenu" news stories or news stories of Kirstie Alley's QVC 300% markup stuff

vs

an actual thing you can sign in 5mins that might do "something" in the last bastion for the Co$ to lol at everyone from.
  35. Anonymous Member

I admit that this is frustrating. I have it posted on my failbook and out of ovar 600 "anons" I've gotten exactly three response not counting Graham! I don't get it... all these silly kids agitating for change and when the opportunity actually presents itself, they get ghost.

I am assuming that it might have something to do with having to facefag oneself. Maybe this is the "ignore us" part of the Gandhi tech.
  36. Smurf Member

I don't expect ALL of them to sign it. Some anons have posted they won't sign it for fear of their identity getting out. Anon Orange posted on Marty's blog today encouraging the Indies & their friends to sign.
  37. 3rdMan Member

Any networks this petition has not been posted at?
  38. greebly Member

Done some but only been tweeting so far not gone into spam mode as to not annoy them.