Customize

Where to buy a GOOD Guy Fawkes Mask?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mug, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mug Member

Where to buy a GOOD Guy Fawkes Mask?

As in the tittle, I am wondering where I can find a decent mask for the April 12th.
  2. Anonymews Member

3. Mug Member

Just want to find one that one that will last. That is only reason, I just don't want to buy one that in flimsy condition.

*EDIT*
    I have also noticed there are two different color tones either a darker cream or a white one. It may be the picture quality but I am looking for one that is darker like ones I have seen others worn.
  4. Stoopkid Member

5. Mug Member

Yeah I just don't know of any local costume shops and I think I am going to have a better chance with finding online. Thank you for the links
  6. If you've got a mall nearby, see if it has a Spencers. That's where I found mine.
  7. Mug Member

I'll check it out tomorrow, and I'll inform you guys of my mask status.
  8. AnonymousA Member

I've ordered off potters gifts for 15-17 dollars in total with shipping, the only thing bad is the said they will be stocked MID-MARCH which meant i didnt go to the 15th. I hope I will get it by the 12th by i'm just letting you guys know they aren't in stock just yet.
  9. Stoopkid Member

Not having a Guy Fawkes mask is a horrible reason to not go to the protests! Improvise man, use scarves, sunglasses, painters masks, hats, etc. etc., but for Xenu's sake go to the protest.
  10. Mug Member

Well... The damn costume store here closed by the time I could get to it and Spencers doesn't have it.
  11. rawrz Member

I went to the feb protest without a V mask, got lucky at a costume shop and bought one a week before the 15th. I was ready to go out again with a scarf, hoodie and hat though, cause I wanted too protest. In the end, it doesn't matter if you have a "V" mask, just that you show up and show support for a cause you believe in. Wether or not you guys get the V mask in time, I'll expect to hear about your stories from your protests on the 12th. :thumbsup:
  12. censor Member

13. Anonymous Member

Any ausfags know a good stockist?

Don't really fancy paying $40+ AUD to get it posted from US or UK
  14. Mug Member

I found out today the only costume shop here is isn't open till the 24 of march so I may have a small wait =_=
  15. Anonymous Member

Re: Where to buy a GOOD Guy Fawkes Mask?

found. check my posts for answer.
  16. Re: Where to buy a GOOD Guy Fawkes Mask?

Idea: Have a brave (and someone affluent anon) buy an entire truckload of them from the supplier to get wholesale price, then sell them on eBay at wholesale price to make them available for any anon that wants one, and cheap to boot! Said anon will break even, but will do us all a great service.
  17. Anoncracy Member

I have issue with the masks too. The flimsy ones don't stay well on my face, and I wear glasses. And many of them have rough edges around the eyes and nose. Also, many sites say we're not supposed to wear masks.

So what i'm thinking of doing is wearing the V hat with my hair pinned up under it, maybe buy a wig depending on price. Then wear shades, and get stuff to white out my face. Makeup, prosthetic mustache and beard, and I'll have a V type face.

Best of all, I can wear it more comfortably, and still eat and drink without taking it off.
  18. eclipsael Member

On 3/15, we had someone who went that route with makeup done in the V fashion and it appeared to work pretty well.
  19. anon14148 Member

I ordered mine for the 15th from http://costumeshop.us.com/v_for_vendetta_mask_10792_prd1.htm

They were $5 and shipped quickly. So far nothing nasty from the CoS, so I'm decently sure that they're on the level.

Shipping will be around $10, so order multiple masks as long as you're at it.
  20. Mug Member

Well I finally got the mask. I'm as giddy as a school girl now.
  21. Firestorm2408 Member

I've ordered mine just now, hopefully it'll get here before January 9th. I also hope that i'll be able to wear it with my glasses comfortably =/
  22. Budd Member

Where? Your local costume shop, or Spencer Gifts at the mall if you are in America. They might carry them only at Hallowe'en.
  23. Re: Where to buy a GOOD Guy Fawkes Mask?

I got mine off of eBay - still in it's original packaging and everything for only 20 bucks.
  24. _You_ Member

Some have rigged the mask with padding inside allowing their glasses to be worn internally while others have cut slots on the sides of the mask for the glasses arms to fit through when worn externally. Experiment with them to find out which method works best for you.
  25. Firestorm2408 Member

TBH I would prefer to be able to wear them inside so hopefully i can get some padding rigged up in there somehow
  26. _You_ Member

Imma tell your daddy you're here...
  27. Snake Member

Try some contacts you twat.
  28. Firestorm2408 Member

I would if I could but they mess my eyes up something horrible
  29. pedrofcuk Member

print out this
    http://i49.tinypic.com/299xea.jpg
    make eye holes and attach a rubber band, if you want to breathe make breathe holes too!
  30. _You_ Member

"if you want to breath".

1. Buy mask off eBay. Cheapest shit ever.
    2. Glasses OVER the mask if you can't deal with them being inside.
    3. I wear sunglasses under my mask and it works fine.
  31. _You_ Member

Where's mah toast and tea?

[IMG]
  32. slobeck Member

If you happen to live in San Francisco:
    I got mine at Costumes on Haight - well, I went to the store.. I think it was $8. They'll prolly send you one if you email them, though the web site isn't very helpful. :(

the point is that you should be able to find one at any urban costume shop. You'd be surprised how popular it is even w/o us using them against the cult.
  33. xenubarb Member

Profile sez Manchester. How sexist!
  34. Firestorm2408 Member

Just out of curiousity has anybody ordered ANYTHING off forbbiden planet mask or otherwise? If so then how did delivery take roughly? Cause I'm starting to wonder if mine will come bfore the 9th
  35. Pillock Member

Forbidden planet are out of stock of masks in the UK, confirmed on the phone with them. Some loldon fags are coming up for the raid, ask them to drop by the store and buy some, they have some left in store.
  36. _You_ Member

37. Firestorm2408 Member

Bummer =/

hopefully i'll be able to get a mask at the Forbidden Planet store near afflecks =/
  38. Re: Where to buy a GOOD Guy Fawkes Mask?

Sticking a few bicycle helmet pads on the inside of the cheeks and forehead works wonders. It sits more comfortably on the face and doesn't move around as much. Replacing the elastic with a wider one is great, too.
  39. FUCK Member

This.
  40. dooney999 Member