Customize

Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by anon1mous, Apr 4, 2009.

?

Where should we do a centralized raid?

Los Angeles 25 vote(s) 55.6%
My city will host (post in thread) 3 vote(s) 6.7%
Ottowa 0 vote(s) 0.0%
New York City 7 vote(s) 15.6%
Chicago 4 vote(s) 8.9%
St. Louis 2 vote(s) 4.4%
Toronto 4 vote(s) 8.9%
  1. nonentity Member

Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

Which silly option? I've removed Clearwater and DC from the poll since they've made it abundantly clear they're not interested, and added an option for volunteering your own city to host.

If you would like, I can lock this thread.
  2. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

DC also called ahead and got the legal shenanigans taken care of with the police before we show'd which we could only do because we weren't a huge group. :<
  3. Anon-007 Member

I vote for Clearwater - after all, that's the Mecca for the Cult, so would cause them maximum enturbulation (plus the weather is excellent there, and there are loads of cheap flights and accommodation)

I suspect that the 'anti Clearwater' objectors are actually Culties wishing to deflect our Grail raid.

So vote for Clearwater. Colbert would.
  4. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

HA HA fuck St. Louis!!! go CUBS!
  5. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

The most win in the U.S. will either happen around LA/Hemet OR Clearwater FLA... who cares what CW anons think... I think CW would yield the most profit.
  6. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

Who fucking cares DC and CW ... feeling overly important much??? R U going to fucking feed these ppl??? NO.. so you care why?? If a large group of ppl want to show up anywhere to protest so be it. Like you're the fucking mayor of DC Anon town?????

Talk about bawfaggotry.
  7. Anonymous Member

Clearwater is the only logical choice.

I vote that Clearwater be put back into the poll.

A few isolated Clearwater Culty individuals DO NOT speak for Anon!
  8. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

agreed...

overly important feeling ppl in CW and DC need to Fahk off and STFU. I'll fucking raid your back yard if I feel like it.
  9. pwnon Member

No, we have the insurance policy, but I never received a copy of the costs per person, only the benefits paid. I'm guessing a million dollar insurance costs a lot though, right?
  10. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

You're more than welcome to. As long as you do all the work, we'd love to have you.
  11. Anon-007 Member

Clearwater is the only option.
  12. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

Then Raiding your back yard it is :)

Srsly though I understand a shit ton of work is involved in something like this BUT when the opportunity to take huge steps instead of baby steps is available I think you have to take it...

I think CW yields the highest probablity of massive wins.. NOW I don't know FTW insurance is involved BUT if that is something that srsly needs to be considered and paid for I completely understand the apprehension.
  13. D... Member

Haaa, I remember the first DC centralized protest and watching the craziness with all the planning and money raising. I didn't even partake in it and was like, "holy shit." In the end, I missed it because irl faggotry.

So people going, "AMG calm down!!!11" need to know that centralized raids take a shit load of effort. Especially since you are most likely doing this in the summer, and lots of water is necessary.
  14. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

Lol, we all had to take a month off after that. If any city is serious about planning one, I can share some of the tips and lessons we learned.

Plus, WHAR U BEEN CHICA?!
  15. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

Ok definately BUT CW is the mecca of $cifaggotry.. the whole fucking town is basically held hostage by the Loons. IF a megaraid was to take place what other logical location would be worth that much time and effort?

MAYBE Nashville.. DEF.. LA.... Hemet... but I can't think of anywhere else in US worth the time/effort

BESIDES Telescopes backyard.. it'll be a faggotry filled mini raid held by yours trully.. it will provide 0 lulz or wins.
  16. cubby Member

niggerpostinginatrollthread
  17. Hurley Member

Cardinals win the Central Division this year, prove me wrong.
  18. anonymous612 Member

Bawwing and butthurt in this post. Fair warning.

tl;dr part 1: It'd cost a fuckton of money and effort for us no matter what your tiny little brains think and here's a nice list of why.

tl;dr part 2: We don't fucking want to, and here's why you faggots haven't made us (or at least me) want to.

I'm going to spell this out on an item-by-item basis for those of you who keep going "oh well surely you don't need insurance" or "oh why would you need to supply food" etc etc etc. This is what would need to be paid for a global in Clearwater. Clearwater, for the record, is a small city. Not really a city, even, more like a town. I would be very surprised if some place like DC did not have even more than this to pay.

Absolutely required:
    Hired off-duty police: price range is, depending on rank, $40-50 per hour per officer, minimum of four hours per officer, and the amount to hire is not for us to decide.
    Insurance for the City: We never even got around to asking for a price tag on this, the total was already too much for us to be willing to accept. It is however required.
    Special Event Permit: And the filing fee, and the fact that it involves A, full namefagging, and B, that the applicant take full legal responsibility for the behavior of several hundred anons from out of town whom the applicant has never met before. I was at DC. I saw Anonymous at DC. I love you guys, but I'm not writing you a blank check on behavior and then signing up to take the blame for whatever you do.
    Location Rental: It was already decided that the only place acceptable for such an event is the local park. This requires we rent the park, price unknown. It gets used for events on a near constant basis, so it would also be a crapshoot on whether we could get it for any given weekend. Plus the park is right next to, off the top of my head, three major Scientology buildings. As in, they look out the window and they can see it. I'm sure some of you are naive enough to think that's a good thing, but keep in mind that those of us who would have to plan it also have to remember that the vast majority of you aren't namefagged.
    Hydration and Shade: You wanted a global raid, in Florida, in JULY. It's 95+ degrees here in July, and usually like 85% humidity. When the Clearwater anons have been telling you "Yeah right, you'll drop dead," they weren't exaggerating. We had an anon faint in NOVEMBER, and that was a Clearwaterfag, not one of you northerners. At the VERY least we'd need to fund water for several hundred people, plus a way to cool said water (tangent: what we were discussing was filling several kiddie pools with ice to store bottles), plus tents/fans/etc because the park has no shade. And unlike some cities, in Clearwater we MARCH. We don't stand in one place, we march all over the fucking city. You think you can keep up, in July, in 95 degrees, without water or shade? No.

Not 'required', but possibly needed:
    Food: The only "safe" places to eat in downtown Clearwater are Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Everything else is scifag. To get someplace "safe" you need to leave downtown (which requires transport, fyi, and our bus system is SHIT, so either you're taxi-ing 600 people or a whole bunch of people will platefag themselves) and head off a considerable ways. AND you need to know what you're looking for; you can't really roam and go "hey I bet we'll pass a restaurant" because depending on the direction, you just might not. And unless you plan on eating with your own group, you need Clearwaterfags to make a reservation for a very, very large group (and fyi the best damn part of DC was the dinner/afterparty; hanging out with the other outoftownfags made sitting around in that heat earlier worthwhile. Just eating with your own cell = no replacement for that). And no matter what you say now, if you show up at a raid here and we don't have pizza, or chips, or cake, you will bitch. Yes, you will.
    Health Issues: See Hydration and Shade above. It was a definite possibility that we might need to have an EMT team on hand for when one of the outoftownfags passed out. Not if. When. SOMEONE, multiple someones, would have heat sickness. Not even a question. IIRC we decided against the EMT team since we were close to a hospital, but it was a possibility.
    Dumpster Rental: Permit applicants have to fund their own trash removal, and this was the most likely way.

Not financial but shit we'd have to do anyway:
    Applicant
    Namefagging, legal responsibility for the herd of cats, a fuckton of paperwork, having Scientology in Clearwater (and fuck you, with the exception of maybe LA/Gold, yes, our scientologists are more dangerous than your scientologists) know that they are the 'main' person behind the global raid, which places the applicant in no small danger, plus everything below.
    The rest of Clearwater Anonymous
    A deeply psychotic amount of organization and planning needed for an event we won't be able to enjoy. You'll be raiding, we'll be working. We'll need to get there early to set up, we'll need to fund shit, we'll need to be dealing with the police and city on a daily basis, during the event itself we'll be spending our time running all over the place for permit matters, organizational shit like setting up food, and most of all playing EMT and watching/caring for incidences of heat sickness, we'll be leading marches because hahahaha at the idea of you guys remembering where to go, we'll have to do stupid shit like make sure no one accidentally trespasses on Scientology property because it's not always easy to recognize what that is, we'll have to manually clean up after 600 people because I doubt you faggots will pick up your own trash, plus beforehand we'll have to make sure people have transportation and we'll probably be arranging group rates at "safe" local hotels, if not hosting strangers from out of town in our own homes.

And normally, we'd do that. Personally, I was fully on board with this idea [STRIKE]when it was first suggested[/STRIKE] when we were first volunteered without our knowledge or prior approval. Getting Anonymous down in Clearwater to scare the crap out of the scientologists? FUCK YES.

But then a few things occured to us. And we remembered a few other things. And a few new things happened.

Speaking for myself now. I've discussed this with other Clearwater anons but I'll leave it to them to elaborate on their agreement or disagreement.

A lot of you are kind of assholes. And that's great and all, and I accept and most of the time fucking LIKE that. But that doesn't make me want to dedicate the next several months of my life to planning something like this, especially when -- as evidenced by DC and my very clear memory of the aftermath of that -- you will all go home and bitch about what a miserable failure it was and all the ways we were doing it wrong.

And in my personal experience, excluding a few other cells and individuals who are aware of the fact, I've almost never been able to mention Clearwater without having Anonymous in general and WWP in particular feel the need to explain in detail how very fail Clearwater Anonymous is. Actually, I've had anons I've never spoken to before come up to me (IRL or otherwise) and bitch at me about how much we suck, or how we don't do enough, or how we're the epitome of fail for having allowed Scientology into Clearwater in the first place.

And let's not forget the CPD. Let's all remember A, the popular assumption that our police are corrupt, B, the fact that Clearwater Anons have been telling you for ages that to the contrary, they are the epitome of what a police department should be, and C, the fact that when we do so you accuse us of having ulterior motives or an agenda or of just being wrong, because you and Wise Beard Man know more about our police department than those of us who live and deal with them on an anon and non-anon basis. And let's remember that if anyone gets namefagged, if anyone gets arrested for their own stupidity, if anyone gets into an argument with a Scientologist and the police officer present doesn't immediately take their side, then not only will our officers have to see online how much you think they're dishonest crooks (and they have confirmed to us that they do see it), but they'll get to deal with it in person. And then we locals, with the fantastic relationship with the PD we have, will have to deal with the police being reminded that Anonymous as a whole thinks they're the new fucking mafia.

And personally, I'll take, accept, and welcome all that, but you get in return exactly what you give, and while I'm willing to walk away from the keyboard to calm down instead of explaining to someone yet again why they should remove their head from their anus, I'm not willing to put in the amount of effort it would take to pull off a global.

So really, you're all welcome to your opinions about what we should do, or how we should act, or whether or not we should host this, but that means shit until we're actually willing to host it. And we're not. So fuck off.

As a friend of mine said, I'll take that infraction now.
  19. Anonymous Member

I agree with Clearwater.
  20. Skeptic1337 Member

So clearwater has volunteered to host it then.

What date you guys want us down there?
  21. pwnon Member

inb4obvioustrolls

owate
  22. Anon-007 Member

So, the only real reason that a few Clearwater anons are against the idea is (quote):

Sounds like the lazy Clearwater furkers need to stop baawing and get with the program.

If you Clearwater anons want to get rid of the Cult from your area, you aren't going to do it by yourselves.

Anything else you'd like to whine about, or shall we get on with choosing a date?
  23. anonymous612 Member

Hold on, waiting to hear back on how that snowball's doing in hell.
  24. anonymous612 Member

Fixed. Why don't you ask the others how they feel, hon.
  25. Skeptic1337 Member

I just want to thank you for hosting it.

You rock!

What date you want us down there though...only part of your tldr post I didn't get to.
  26. anonymous612 Member

I'll get back to you on that. =D
  27. Skeptic1337 Member

kk!
  28. anonymous612 Member

<3
  29. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

Our behavior? DC loved niggergate, BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! T__T

/wrist
  30. Skeptic1337 Member

I think it's the trundlebed incident.

I can see how people would be scarred over that.
  31. Anon-007 Member

Is there any reason why the 'event' must be formally organized?

Can't lots of anons just descend on a place - like with the London G20 protests?
  32. none given Member

No and yes, in that order.

We can get together any time we want any place we want.

Doing so without teargas requires a permit.
  33. anonymous612 Member

I'm pretty sure I already covered that.

Best case scenario you will be ordered to leave (and mind you, refusing a police order is a crime). Then, congrats, you've sent 600 people all the way to Clearwater for nothing.

Worst case scenario you'll be arrested for protesting without a permit, and as a side effect, you'll be namefagged.

EDIT: Wait, aren't you a Londonfag? Isn't there some European raid you should be more worried about?
  34. Anon-007 Member

You get free teargas?

Does that come with fries?
  35. Anonymous Member

goldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbasegoldbase

p.s.goldbase
  36. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

Ah, well that makes sense. >_>;;;
  37. Anon-007 Member

But that will mean that AO will be there....................
  38. Anonymous Member

it's so hawt when skeptic posts in sweet pussy pink.
  39. anonymous612 Member

Oh, also.

Your confidence in our abilities is, as always, astounding. We'll do our shit just fine, and we always have.
  40. Re: Where should the XBOX HUEG megaraid in USA/Canada be?

all these problems can be overcome... to assume ppl can't provide their own food and water etc is a joke.. pick up after themselves etc. Have a OG apply for all permits... fuck hiring cops they're fucking CW $cifag police anyways.

CW yields the most win possible.. it also hits the Co$ in their fucking heart.. if not CW then LA or Hemet BUT obtaining permits in LA will be a massive fucking headache anyways. IF you want epic wins CW is the place.. Does anyone disagree with that?