Customize

Where does a dollar bill go?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, May 7, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

Where does a dollar bill go?

Inspired by Lioncash.

So it's perfectly legit, in the US at least, to write along the blank borders of currency.

Following that, right before I spend any cash from now on, I'm going to write a short message and provide the address to a favorite Scientology criticism site on the borders of each bill.

Example: "Who was Noah Lottick?" on the top border and "whyaretheydead.net" on the bottom. The backs of bills, regardless of denomination, tend to have wider margins to write in.

It's about as productive as handing out a flyer, except it circulates to more people. Also, it's virtually impossible to trace since money goes through the hands of so many people.

If that money ever ends up being used to pay for Scientology courses, imagine the lulz.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Where does a dollar bill go?

YouFoundTheCash.com
  3. Anonymous Member

Ive been doing this for a while, seems to be working quite well - i actually went to the store i usually spend my anoncash at, and the person in front of me got some, and was asking the clerk about it. The clerk said it was some really interesting info he should definitely look up, and i almost simultaneously cried and shat my self. Instead, i just shat myself. Im a man, dammit.
  4. Anonymous Member

That's an awesome idea! I've done wheresgeorge.com for a while now, and I've had a couple of hits on my bills. It is, indeed, not a crime to write stuff on dollar bills, so long as you don't deface them past legibility. Maybe it's time to change what I write on my cash. (Or just add something to it.)
  5. Anonymous Member

Does anyone know what the law is for doing this in England? I can't seem to get a straight answer.
  6. Anonymous Member

I'm fairly certain this is legal where I am...if I actually had notes I'd write on them. /poor
  7. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  8. Anonymous Member

If you don't have much money, just withdraw cash from the bank, write on it, and redeposit it back into your account.
  9. Anonymous Member

No problem as far as I'm aware- bank tellers and shop staff write the totals on them after adding them up- you see 500 and 100 scribbled on there a lot.
  10. Anonymous Member

At least 100 dollars, amirite?

I think we should start a running total on how much cash has been youfound, pics or it didn't happen. Let's get to a goal over over nine-thousaaaaaaaand dollars!
  11. Anonymous Member

>> #10

Yes, $100 in that picture, $300 in this one:

[IMG]

:fuckyou:
  12. Anonymous Member

Another pic of the brave 300:

[IMG]
  13. Anonymous Member

Woah holy crap!

How'd you get the text printed on there?
  14. Anonymous Member

w/a stamp.
    you can have stamps made to order lots of places...
  15. Anonymous Member

For those bills, I had a stamp made at the UPS store. Some of the UPS stores have stamp-making machines; it took them 10 minutes to make mine, and I paid cash for it. $16 I think. :fuckyou:
  16. Anonymous Member

Awesome idea, will be doing this in the UK from now on. My local Tesco's has a major circulation with students = epic win
  17. Anonymous Member

$16! Awesome!

I know what I'm getting next time I drop off a package.
  18. Anonymous Member

started doing it in england now, this is fun...:fuckyou:
  19. Anonymous Member

I think Youfoundthecash.com is the most effective name,
  20. Anonymous Member

21. Anonymous Member

Not legal in the UK, defacing the Queens currency and all that.

It's not traceable but I wouldn't suggest it.