Customize

Where do Narconon profits end up?

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by RolandRB, Sep 17, 2012.

1. RolandRB Member

Presumably, at some of these big Narconon centres, perhaps in the past, some very large monetary profits were being made. If so then how does/did this monetary profit disappear from their accounts and where did it end up?
  2. BigBeard Member

Slogging through dozens of IRS Form 990's to try and figure that out for the US narCONons. Gonna take a while though.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. RolandRB Member

I'm wondering if it ended up in the "building fund" where it was then transferred out by Sea Org members.
  4. YouSeeNothing Member

I think the money gets sent uplines via grants, advertising/marketing fees, royalty fees and licensing fees.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

cue in picture of where DM lives
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. fishypants Moderator

10% of gross goes to ABLE, I believe.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Quentinanon Member

And more sent elsewhere as YouSeeNothing said. Just sending an ABLE "mission" to a NarCONon means that ABLE can bill several thousand dollars per day plus expenses. That was a trick L. Ron learned to extract money from orgs using sea org missions and Flag Banking Officers.
  8. Anonymous Member

want dox.

not that I think it doesn't happen - I believe you - just want dox for convincing others.
  9. Quentinanon Member

The dox would be those HCOPLs and FOs (Flag Orders) related to sea org missions and flag banking officers.
    My statement is based on my observation.
  10. RolandRB Member

But what stops the Narconon staff saying "we don't want your mission to visit us, thank you very much" ?
  11. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. BigBeard Member

I think you're right. There's definately something odd with those 'grants', 'advertising', and 'marketing fees', but I don't have enough data yet to pin it down. There are also some odd "sideways" money flows going on, but it's going to take a while to sort it all out.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  13. timthephoto Member

printed materials: do narconon franchises get to have stuff printed (at a local printers) or do they have to buy from bridge publications?
  14. Anonymous Member

Copyrights and trademarks. Nobody can administer Narconon without permission from the Scientology corporation. Thus Narconon must obey all directives from Miscavige or be shut down.

Also, the Narconon owners are always clients of Scientology, so there's the usual range of punishments that Scientology brings to bear on its clients for not submitting to management: having their "bridge" progress impeded with expensive sec-checks and "repairs", being declared PTS, being declared SP, losing their friends, business connections in Scientology, and losing their families.

That's enough to keep anyone from trying to keep the money for themselves and not hand it over to Miscavige.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Pretty sure that's part of it. Somewhere in the multitude of David Love's threads and dox, I believe it was mentioned about shitloads of money being transferred from Narconon accounts to "building fund" account, and then siphoned off elsewhere.

I sure can't find those dox, but perhaps some smart anon remembers where David talked about it.

If so, that might be a part of the answer to Roland's question.

Yes, 10% comes off the top of Gross Income. Just like for all Scientology front groups. Sample Extraction for WISE:

[IMG]

[IMG]

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/list-of-wise-non-members.65586/#post-1316133

I presume the 10% cash extraction from Narconon centers are similar to these WISE Excel spreadsheets.
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. YouSeeNothing Member

I don't remember small printing write-offs, only larger marketing ones.
  17. YouSeeNothing Member

Yes, it's just "amazing" how these facilities always seem to spend the same amount they earn.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RolandRB Member

But we do know and for real that some Narconon staff members are not Scientologists.
  19. YouSeeNothing Member

But most, if not all, have done the LRH tech.
  20. fishypants Moderator

It's in their contract with ABLE that ABLE can turn up and tell them what to do.

web.archive.org/web/20040715164506/www.able.org/pages/grp_forms/nn_lic_agr.pdf

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. fishypants Moderator

(It seems a bit like a franchise agreement to me).
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. Heather and Susan came to hastings once a week from able east grinstead to look over student files etc and have meeting with angela garcia. and told them , they also helped to keep the lease going another 2 years. lent them money to keep the centre going,
  23. BigBeard Member

I'll guarantee those "standard rates" are way higher than the actual travel expenses and hourly rates the folks traveling normally get paid. That's one of the things I'm looking for in the 990's for NN Int and ABLE.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

^ credible source of info and dox (for noobs)

/ OTBT
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

Ah fuck, wasn't trying to undercut BigBeard, who is a HUGE SOURCE OF VERIFIABLE DOX.

Apologies, I'm a dick.
  26. Ron B DED Member

27. BigBeard Member

The IRS Form 990's you can download from several places. As I'm slogging through them, I'm putting the numbers into a spreadsheet so I can crank out graphs and money flows. It's a lot of 'grunt' work, but there's definately something hinky with the numbers. I don't want to post anything about it though until I get it figured out, and maybe talk with an accountant or two to make sure anything odd isn't some kind of "acceptable practice" I'm not aware of.

Getting through this is going to take some time, as I'm also checking on any money that comes in from or goes out to other organizations, as well as the "independent" narCONons. Not just NN Int and ABLE.

So stock up on some popcorn, get some caramel, and make yourself some popcorn balls to enjoy in the meantime.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  28. RolandRB Member

It would be very nice to know what those "standard rates" are so it can be used to undermine their charitable status.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  29. jensting Member

The question that interests me more is that of how David Miscavige makes sure that he gets all the money that he considers to be destined for him? Dodgy accounting seems to be the external face of the (fronts of the) criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology and we hear in lawsuits about private accounts being mixed up with "church" moneys. So, either David Miscavige can completely trust everyone on staff, or some of "his" money is being siphoned off by (former) drug addicts.
    Seriously, I know David Love has hinted that this is happening, so I know that there is a god reason for me waiting for details :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

Yo dudes, can someone leak the Excel spreadsheets of the Narconon monies that get get siphoned uplines?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

The staff don't control the finances and barely get paid. The people who control the money at NN are not former addicts but the local owners who are under tight mind control.
    • Agree Agree x 1