Customize

What's the significance of $ci's cross?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by CrazyEyes, Jul 7, 2008.

1. CrazyEyes Member

What's the significance of $ci's cross?

If you think about it, nothing that we really know about $cientology's background has anything to do with a cross. (The whole Xenu/Incident II/Wall of Fire thing doesn't even mention crosses.) So, what is it there for? Unless I just missed something, it doesn't seem to have any particular "religious" significance for them, so why have it?

Here's my thought:

It's a trap. People associate the cross with religion automatically because of Christianity/Catholicism (and any other religion that uses it I might not know about). So when $cientology slaps it on their logo, people look at it and subconsciously think "religion" - simply because the cross is associated with another religion that's so widespread and mainstream. It's familiar, it's associated with religion already, and it makes people subconsciously trust them a little bit more, just by looking at their logo.

tl;dr: They use the cross because people recognize it as a widespread religious symbol.

What are your thoughts on this? I'm not sure if I'm onto something here or if I'm just not fully educated about $scientology's background - but then, neither are $cientologists. :roll:
  2. Flynn Member

Re: What's the significance of $ci's cross?

Popular question. Good points. Akin to false advertising all on its own.

Yes, I believe the cross is just part of the facad of CO$. I read before that Hubbtard actually stole the design from Allister Crowley. (that and a lot of other things).

One could perceive that there is an X over the cross as in 'to X it out' as in 'it the cross doesn't mean anything'. Hubbfart says 'there is no Christ', so wtf!?
  3. tazor Member

You got it. elron was trying to make his scam look more like a religion so he used this cross. It is suppose to have been taken from Crowley and black magic although I'm not sure about that angle. I AM sure the cult has NOTHING to do with religion though.
  4. churchlady Member

Crazyeyes, you are right. They chose a cross to trick people. What burns me up the most is the volunteer ministers who have huge crosses on their back.
  5. Anon123456 Member

looks like a crossed out cross to me. more subliminal bs?
  6. Anonymous Member

i definitely had co$ confused with Christian Scientists before i knew anything about them. Christian Scientists may deny themselves modern medical attention, but they are basically completely benign compared to scilons. I'd vote for the IT'S A TRAP theory.
  7. Re: What's the significance of $ci's cross?

Is the Scientology cross the Christian cross crossed out?
    The website below thinks it is, see Lies Debunked: What is the Scientology cross?
    It’s possible, L. Ron Hubbard was a fan of Aleister Crowley and pointing that out could help stop Christians from getting trapped in Scientology.
  8. Re: What's the significance of $ci's cross?

fake religion is fake
  9. Anonymous Member

Satan
  10. Anonymous Member

raping little animals
  11. subgenius Member

teh ole double cross
  12. Anonymous Member

It was installed that way.
  13. SOJOA Member

i agree but can i correct somethign please?

I have been born and raised polish catholic my whole life and went to catholic school my whole like. I would also like to add that I never had any negative issues with the church and honestly one of the most influential people in my young life was a nun who was very good with me. I was a terror. Honestly.

That said we were all taught....we were christians....all of us..There was no church label....we were all christians.

My wife is a "born again" "evangelical" raised and believe me and you..... = abusers, catholics with drug abuse, substance abuse, felt the church didnt represent them with issues"

Anyhoo....there is no difference good sir......just wanted to clarify

Also, this is a stupid question....of course its a ploy but then again do some real research as to what it means.....really.....

Zeigist etc. <sp> its all there. CoS and the rest frankly....there is no difference and thats my issue with this group, and lets face it. We are not just here for Cos.

Originally yes, understood, but now....the new people(myself) it for the whole kit-and-kabodle.

Am i wrong......at what point do we draw the line. Think about it. We want no malice or abuse with a religion. We want no bullshit or manipulation especially with peoples or groups who dont know, i.e. 3rd world.

So now what.........

Just saying and Im down for the cause but "Annoymous" cant keep harping the same indisgrestions <I suck at spelling, bad> when everyone else is doing it.

Keep a fucking point. Its no longer a target people.....
  14. Anonymous Member

Tomorrow's Sunday. 100 Hail Mary's will do your body, good.

A confession with the parish priest is better, but only if you're cute and bring the lube.
  15. fisherman Member

It's a Rosicrucian cross. Caroline Letkeman wrote an article on it here:

Decoding Scientology Propaganda

Hubbard may have intended the scientology cross to have anti-christian, satanic or "left hand path" connotations. That is, a "crossed out" cross (which would be the anti-thesis of christianity). I've also heard it described as a christian cross with a satanic pentagram laid over-top.

More on Hubbard's occult influences here:

Scientology, Satanism, Left-Hand-Path - Why We Protest Wiki
  16. Re: What's the significance of $ci's cross?

There is a boring explanation in at least one of their stupid PR-type books about the significance of their cross. Don't even bother looking for it though unless you like wasting your time on lies. The only ones who might believe it are of course Scientologists.

I never owned one but if I did I would probably wear it upside down. Maybe some people might mistake me as a Scatontologist if I did.
  17. anonohio Member

I'm actually interested in hearing their official explanation for it - anyone got a link?
  18. RightOn Member

their cross=to prove we are a "religion"
    that is all

if you notice, most COS members (that I have seen) do not wear the cross as jewelry? Most where the OT bracelet,(if they went up that far) or the triangle S.
    Or am I wrong?

I did a quick search on Scientology jewelry on ebay( on occasion, you can find some stuff)
    and came across this funny listing from Montreal:

Scientology Alien Head Pendant
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRASS-1-Hole-28...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f33b9a3a
  19. Anonymous Member

Sci pr state's that the cross represents the 8 dynamics.
    The crazy story is that lron went looking for gold that he had buried in past lives and that he found an old spanish cross.
    In reality he found fuck all,and managed to get kicked out of rhodesia.
    The Past Lives of L. Ron Hubbard | Scientology Racism
  20. Re: What's the significance of $ci's cross?

I haz cross. Can i haz my religionz now?
  21. Re: What's the significance of $ci's cross?

I got caught up on making jokes about the cross. You are right. I've only seen them on Sci-goofs when they are all decked out in the black Reverend outfit. I wonder if only "Scientology Ministers" can buy them?

The pendant is cool. I had one when I was a freshman at Miskatonic U. It sure looks cooler than my LRH pill box.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/HUBBARD-FEAR-PULP-COIN-GUITAR/dp/B001TJQRA8]Amazon.com: L. RON HUBBARD FEAR PULP COIN GUITAR PICK PILL BOX: Clothing[/ame]
  22. Anonymous Member

They came up with the cross (btw, they claim it's a STAR, lol) when they were trying to get religious recognition - about the same time their clerks started calling themselves "ministers" and started wearing white collars, which they stopped doing when the collars had served their purpose. They tried to look like a real religion. Nuff said.
  23. tazor Member

I never saw an alien head pendant like that one when I was a scilon. Is it really CoS issue or some individual scilon's?

I want one. :D
  24. subgenius Member

25. TorontosRoot Member

I wonder if anybody (not in anonymous, a hooligan lol) tried to throw a small balloon full of white paint (or the generic background color of big ad signs) at the cross to white it out?

In some areas it's illegal, i know, I wouldn't do it, but some people might.

Just a thought.

EDIT: Yeah, I know it's illegal and i'm sorry for inciting it but I just had to get it off my chest.
  26. Anonymous Member

Yes, this is the source of the symbolism, just as the OT levels correspond to the revelant occult OTO levels. Just google for references about religious symbolism used in scientology. It only occurred due to legal threats, and efforts to manipulate systems to get religious cloaking.

The entire IRS fiasco was only partly due to taxes and greed. Religious cloaking was paramount. It is one of the main reasons why U.S. government officials now shy away from invests because of "oh no u, religious bigots" shield.

this is Why that shield must be dismantled.
  27. AIN Member

"Critics of Scientology have noted other possible derivations from occult sources. The Scientology cross is similar to the Rosicrucian or Rosy cross and the similar cross of Aleister Crowley's Ordo Templi Orientis. Hubbard was briefly a member of the Rosicrucians and was involved in OTO "magical workings" in Pasadena, California some years before founding Scientology"
    from wiki