Customize

What people are saying about Scientology on YouTube

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Critical Q&A #1

Published by Chris Shelton on February 21, 2015

My first episode of what I intend to have as a regular ongoing show where I answer questions and comments from you the viewers which you've asked me in the comments section of my videos.

You can find out more and see other articles/videos I've made on my blog at http://mncriticalthinking.com
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

My Interview with a former Scientologist

Published by Evan J Pretzer on February 21, 2015

When I hosted my radio show, I was fortunate enough to speak to TJ. He recently left the Scientology cult and was open to talking about his experiences. Enjoy.

In the video, a Reddit "ask me anything" Q&A is mentioned. The Scientology section of Reddit is here:

http://www.reddit.com/user/Scientology-AMA
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Ogsonofgroo Member

Nice! Hopefully he has done EtherCat's exit survey, and been added to the Big List too. The more the merrier imho!

Rock on Wronguy!

Cheers!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. anon8109 Member

6. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. anon8109 Member

Analyzes the micro-expressions of the OSA rep on Australian TV.

• Like Like x 1
  10. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Incredulicide Member

Parts 2 & 3

• Like Like x 2
  12. anon8109 Member

This guy falls for the personality test. It's interesting because it shows how easy it is for the cult to assume an aura of respectability and scientific professionalism so as to hook the unsuspecting.

By getting the victims to focus on themselves and their own problems, Hubbard is able to deflect any thoughts about whether or not Scientology is valid.

• Like Like x 2
  13. anon8109 Member

14. The Wrong Guy Member

Be a Scientology expert in just 4 minutes! "Circus of the Stars" by The Thinking Atheist

Published by AngryGayPope on March 21, 2015

A great review of the Scientology Church was created by "the Thinking Atheist." It has been on my website http://www.angrygaypope.com for years. But I'm afraid it might be taken down and I'll lose my direct link, so I'm uploading a copy here to keep it safe in my control.

For more of their wonderful work go to: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/
    • Like Like x 3
  15. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Atheists - overall - are some of Scientology's greatest enablers. They instantly offend the majority of the population with their hostility towards all religion, and also affirm Scientology's fake religious veneer.

They don't realize it of course.
    Ulop1
    This message by Ulop1 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  17. TrevAnon Member

Needs moar cleavage :p
  18. anon8109 Member

19. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 3
  21. Hey, I LIKED the video, but atheists are too often obnoxious.
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

Jim Lippard - The Decline (and Probable Fall) of the Scientology Empire

Published by NCASVideo on March 6, 2013

Jim Lippard spoke on the history of the Church of Scientology, how it has collided with the Internet and lost control of its secrets and its membership, and is now seeing an accelerating decline as its top members leave for new alternatives.

Jim Lippard founded the Phoenix Skeptics in 1985, and co-founded the Phoenix Area Skeptics Society in 2011. He's written articles and book chapters on skeptical topics, including two articles in Skeptic magazine on Scientology, "Scientology vs. the Internet" in 1995 (co-authored with Jeff Jacobsen) and "The Decline (and Probable Fall) of the Scientology Empire" in 2012. He also contributed to Gordon Stein's Encyclopedia of the Paranormal and Joe Nickell's Psychic Sleuths.

Video notes starting at 13:50: The Fraser Mansion, though referred to by Scientology as the "founding church" from the 1970s to 2010, wasn't the original building. The original building, at 1812 19th St. NW, is now a museum called the L. Ron Hubbard House (though his house was across the street), which the church acquired in 2004. The Fraser Mansion is now Scientology's National Affairs Office.

The first use of the name "Church of Scientology" was by the Church of Scientology founded in Camden, N.J. in Dec. 1953; the first Church of Scientology corporation was in Los Angeles (Feb. 1954, which became the Church of Scientology of California in 1956), the Church of Scientology of Arizona was incorporated that same year. Hubbard's organization while he lived in Phoenix was the Hubbard Association of Scientologists, International (HASI), founded in Sep. 1952. All HASI assets were folded into the Church of Scientology of California in 1966.
    • Like Like x 3
  23. DeathHamster Member

No. New Jersey, 1953.
    http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/images/f/f2/Church_of_scientology_incorp_1953.pdf
    http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/File:Church_of_scientology_incorp_1953.pdf

The Los Angeles incorporation papers reference the mother church organization also incorporated in New Jersey.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  25. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology (That's The Plan For Me)

Published by Tim Heidecker on March 29, 2015

Rerecorded - and going to appear as a new track on my new record "In Glendale" coming sometime later this year.
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Anonymous Member

Isn't it interesting how the Church of Scientology try to manipulate us all?
    Tut, tut, tut...
  28. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 3
  29. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 4
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

There's another Chris Shelton video in the thread about the Going Clear documentary, here:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/hb...ibney-going-clear.121403/page-27#post-2525726
    • Like Like x 2
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Alonzo v Scientology, part 1

Published by Alonzo comedy on April 1, 2015

In Alonzo's attempts to legitimize his own "Cult of Alonzo", he seeks some help from the pros.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 4
  34. Anonymous Member

"Arranged like Blockbusters!" LAWL!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  36. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 3
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

Well, my educational trip into the wonders of scientology has just become much more interesting ;)
    Whoever encouraged me to lurk................. Thank you :D
    • Like Like x 1
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

AJ+ @ajplus · Mar 30
    AJ+'s @franifio visited the Church of #Scientology for her first dip into the religion, or, as some would say, cult.

francesca fiorentini @franifio · Mar 30
    My first scientology audit: https://amp.twimg.com/v/dda7fbec-0cb3-4d50-9c3c-a0b19caa100e
    Cause #goingclear is about going cray. The things I do for @ajplus.
    #scientology

Scientology: My First Audit

Published by AJ+ on March 30, 2015

In Scientology, “going clear” means reaching a state of happiness and freedom. To get there, you've got to go through “audits.” Years of them.

AJ+'s Francesca Fiorentini visited the Church of Scientology in San Francisco for her very first dip into the religion, or, as some would call it, cult.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 2