Customize

What is the Purification Rundown?

Discussion in 'Martin Ottmann' started by Martin Ottmann, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Here is a "Purification Rundown" brochure from 1985, published by the "Church of Scientology International".

Purification-1.jpg Purification-2.jpg Purification-3.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  2. anonamus Member

Quackery rundown. TODAY IS JULY 17 2013, WHY IS THIS STILL LEGAL?
    • Like Like x 5
  3. jensting Member

Hang on, I thought all new clams went through this procedure at an early stage (including children). Are they saying that during whatever period this is meant to cover there were only 20000 new fully fledged clams?

Works for me :D
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Budd Member

"How many people have done died from the Purification Rundown?"
  5. Ogsonofgroo Member

Excellent question but almost impossible to ascertain because things like liver damage, heart damage, etc. don't always show up immediately.
    The long stints in the sauna thing is plain unhealthy insanity, if I am not mistaken I think that a 15-20 mins limit is recommended by health professionals for healthy people without heart or serious physical conditions.
    Hubbard's quackery on 'sweating out toxins', and usage of high doses (often lethal amounts from many accounts by people who have been exposed to this buffoonery) of niacin and vitamins, is blatantly stupid no matter how they try to paint the pig.
    This topic has been thrashed several times both here and at ESMB, general consensus, quack, quack, quack.
    Thank you OP for the brochure, pretty sure they are still pushing basically the same agenda with the Purif bs. Must be diffiCULT for those still in the rabbit cage to go and do some of their own research, or they'd be telling anyone pushing this crap to 'No U!' and DIAF.
    Poor bastads :(
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Budd Member

Sad that they were able to get their slimy tentacles on the 9/11 First Responders back when.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

Are there any lists of the responders who took the purif? It would be interesting to compare their mortality and primary cause of death to ones who didn't 'cleanse'. How many took sci up on the offer to begin with? Was it a photo op or a major thing?
  8. DeathHamster Member

They claim over 200.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. There was a court case in Germany involving a death due to the purif.
    The purif has also been used as punisment.
  10. Are those opinions of yours, or are you providing dox?
  11. ^^^^^^^^ good site.

I guess that's what happened to some of those people that are mentioned in the accounts of exes. It seems everyone knew at least one person who just 'went nuts one day and disappeared'.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DeathHamster Member

Amy Scobee believes that it's used for discipline.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DeathHamster Member

Another stealth name for the purif.

From the Severna Park Health & Wellness Center's Facebook page:
    That gets clammy hits on Google.

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q="Sauna-Pure Program"
    • Like Like x 3
  14. one guy died in a sauna( purification rundown ) in paris in 1990 I do not have a name ?
    maybe somebody has informations ?
  15. DeathHamster Member

Standard success rate claim straight out of Narconon:
    • Like Like x 1