Customize

What is Scientology doing with the $money?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

What is Scientology doing with the $money?

OR better yet what is the RTC doing with all the money they get from the church of scientology and its followers? IMO I don't believe the few people way at the top really believe in the stuff like E-meters and Xenu sci-fi stories. Any ideas???

1. Are they funding some [secret] war?
    2. Building something?
    3. Planning something big?
    4. Supporting politicians?
    5. ???

Or are they just living in luxury like ordinary top criminals would do?
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: What is Scientology doing with the $money?

Don't know, hard to say. The evidence (affidavit's given by a number of formerly senior INT staff) supports the fact that most of the top management receive quite a bit of "extra" renumeration. However, showing an actual paper trail is ny on impossible for now.

DM appears to be fairly happy to enjoy the fruits of power and the trappings of wealth, through his control of the "church," but if he is siphoning off large amounts for himself, he's done a pretty smart job of it, given the interest that a number of agencies (the IRS in particular) have taken in this very fact.

Personally I think this is a topic that can only remain pointlessly speculative until an awful lot more info comes out.
  3. Anonymous Member

now don't go off on me, but heres what i think.

i think they're trying to grow, so that they can overrun the US Gov't.
  4. Anonymous Member

Hookers and blow.
  5. Anonymous Member

^^^^ This.

It's what I'd do.

Or maybe the fact that they're buying real estate all over the globe, mainly in Africa, including a multi-million dollar CASTLE in Africa as a new HQ.

ie - When America revokes tax exempt status, and countries start throwing them out, they run to Africa, where a few American dollars are worth much more and they can buy anything, that government will harbor them, and no foreign government will touch them.
  6. Anonymous Member

*Lawyers
    *Failboat
    *David Miscavidge's Pocket
  7. Anonymous Member

Lawyers

Spending millions of dollrars to identify a bunch of anons in efg masks == epic lulz
  8. Anonymous Member

Lawyers, Youtube ads and requesting permission to protest before we do.
  9. Anonymous Member

^^^^^

THIS!@!@#!@!!!

Somehow I see this happening and it scares the fuck out of me. With all the $$$ i'm assuming they have the CoS could easily bribe their way into one of the many corrupt African governments and spread their regressive filth to a crowd much more in tune to the theme of oppression. Though realizing a profit in Africa would be difficult without resorting to sweatshops or slave labor.
    ...oh, right.
  10. Anonymous Member

They buy a lot of land. And build a lot of buildings. Plenty goes into PR.

I know what you're saying though. It seems like a ton of money isn't really accounted for.
  11. Anonymous Member

Now I'm having nightmare visions of the Scifags in control of their own Zulu army.
  12. Anonymous Member

All of the above.
  13. Anonymous Member

Didn't L.Ron Hubbard have interest in Africa hunting for treasure or something? Didn't he kind of wear out his welcome there though? (I seem to remember a little of this...so much!) Anyways maybe they are there to carry out the rest of his mission plan....also very possible retreat spot and relocation of HQ's when tax exempt status is revoked. But I say, that if their goal is to 'clear' the planet....one way or another...they will at some point make a move to become involved in government Africa IS quite fragile. Once involved in government, they will use their money and power to accomplish what they please. I don't think that the leaders are in-sync with what the 'followers' ideas are....I'm inclined to believe that the upper-levels have a plan of their own that has very little to do with 'clearing' body thetans.....scary.
  14. Anonymous Member

A lobbying firm called Federal Legislative Associates was a big recipient of Scientology money for awhile, mainly to fight Andreas Lund at Operation Clambake in 1998 and many others later.

Here's a breakdown...1998/$420K !!
    1999/$260,000
    2000/ $200,000
    2001/$220,000
    2002/$280,000
    2003/$220,000
    That was for the RTC...total $ 1.6 million

Now let's take a look at Co$...2003/$40,000
    2004/$140,000
    2005/$100,000
    2006/ $60,000
    2007/ $80,000
    and for 2008 so far $30,000
    represented by the Mitchell Co (Greg Mitchell Director of Government Affairs for CSR) A scientology front group to attack psychiatry.

So is CO$ and RTC violating tax law, by using a large amount of donations to fund political action? I'd say yes.
    Get this out to media and DOJ tax division and share your concerns. Scientology is using a vast amount of resources gleaned from donations to to fight their number 2 stated goal...that psychiatry is to be eradicated.

Links
    Lobbying Spending Database-Church of Scientology International, 2003 | OpenSecrets

Lobbying Spending Database-Religious Technology Center, 2004 | OpenSecrets

Citizens for Social Reform, (CSR) and Scientology Mobilize to Handle "Those Idiots" after 2004 Presidentital Election

Federal Legislative Associates

We represent a large copyright content owner on a variety of domestic and international intellectual property, Internet and trade secret protection issues. In the past on its behalf, we enlisted the support of members of the intellectual property and trade-related committees in Congress, the United States Trade Representative, the State Department, and the Commerce Department in a successful effort to convince the Swedish government to introduce and pass stronger copyright protection laws that stopped the infringement of our client's intellectual property. - From FLA website, they list every other client by name except Scientology
  15. Anonymous Member

IAS has a "War Chest" and scienos CALL it the War Chest.

Millions goes in that, the rest is for expansion of operations, abuse of the legal system, and a comfortable lifestyle for DM and selected celebs and execs.
  16. Anonymous Member

It's something I've been wondering for a while too. When Hubbard was alive, it was clear where the money was going (or meant to go).

But now I suspect most of the money goes into keeping the Co$'s image as clean as is possible under the circumstances.

*Lawyers
    *PIs
    *Advertising
    *Out of court settlements (Watch the French M6 documentary. In it a critic says that the cult has shifted tactics from intimidating people, which doesn't work so much anymore, to paying them off. There are usually large amounts of money being spent this way.)
    *LRH books that'll end up as doorstops
    *Failboat
    *Land and buildings
    *Eggs for the Munich org. I hear they use lots of em.
  17. Anonymous Member

is this what i think it is? if so OH SHI-!
  18. Anonymous Member

they are undoubtedly trying to find/execute our lord and master XENU!

srrsly though all of the abovementioned and probably some more.