Customize

What is ‘I’?

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Internet Prophet, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

2. veravendetter Member

Dude, I know you think you're one of a kind; a genius, but look . . .

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=internet conscious&cp=9&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=0sv&aqi=&aql=&oq=internet concious&pbx=1&fp=671824e91cd0aadc&bs=1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Profit, you have not said anything new.
  4. Miranda Member

Not another post by this guy. My kingdom for a dome. In which we will build Internet Prophet his/her own padded and soundproofed cell. One of those deep things like trees falling in forests. I'm so losing patience with this pompous pretentious nonsense.

*Logs off for a vacation*
  5. Anonymous Member

this makes no sense at all.
  6. Anonymous Member

1+1=2
  7. COREarg Member

8. Anonymous Member

this part doesn't make sense.
  9. Miranda Member

10. Anonymous Member

boobies.png

just sucking at the tit of anonymous.
    that is all.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Oh God. I made the mistake of reading the OP. I should've been satisfied with just mocking it outright. I am now dumber than I was before I read that meaningless and self-serving drivel.
  13. veravendetter Member

14. Anonymous Member

the thing is that it could be an interesting subject, but the poster clearly does not have a clear, in-depth understand of his subject matter.
    for if he did, he would not try to play this humorless nonsensical game of making the false assumption that he is superior. that is where he fails.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Consensus Member

I seem to have done pretty good for myself on the 'mental masturbation' part :(
  16. Zak McKracken Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

I don't see that assumption, actually.
    This could have easily turned into an interesting discussion if people trolled less. Watching the trainwreck as it happens is also mighty enjoyable, though
  18. none given Member

Aparently not.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

i personally do not believe that the OP really wants to have an open discussion.
    he just wants to give a know-it-all lecture.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. thefatman Member

OP, GTFO Freud.
  21. Miranda Member

Please do not post anonymously in support of yourself. That's even more embarrassing than calling yourself a prophet.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Herro Member

P39eF.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  24. I would love to have a discussion. I posted this on this forum because I know there are many intelligent and open minded people here who spend a lot of time thinking about this subject, as I do. The discussions that took place in the last threads were great and have given me a lot of food for thought, as did some private conversations I've had with a few fellow anons.

I am sorry that you are getting the notion that this is about my self. That is not the point and I've tried conveying that whenever possible. Throwing egos into a discussion is a useless endeavor if the purpose is having a fruitful one. That is one of the subjects of the original post itself, is it not?

It's not too late to start a real discussion! Do enlighten all of us by pointing out the flaws in the original post rather than just hinting that they're there. We can still make this thread useful and not only for the lulz, though my prophetic powers tell me that this will not be the case. :]
  25. Herro Member

To me, the OP seems like the college freshman who reads the communist manifesto for the first time and gets all excited about the new ideas and subsequently thinks he's got it all figured out and just has to share his awesome conversion experience with everyone else. He (or she) would do well to tone down the excitement and just make a thread saying, "hey the internet lets us talk to each other in some neat new ways, what kinds of things might we expect to see come out of that?"
    • Like Like x 7
  26. Anonymous Member

ok. i'll say something nice.
    it is good that you are gaining self-awareness.

i was going to write more, but i deleted it because i am bored with you.
  27. none given Member

It's a start; only 3.5 billion years to go before self-awareness!.
  28. none given Member

Mods are not supposed to dox sox!!!1!
  29. Anonymous Member

Ya really!!!1!
  30. Anonymous Member

Outing anon posters isn't quite the same.

Mods are allowed to do that.
    "members", not so much
  31. mongrel Member

Here is a perfect summary of this thread.

Code:
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6809/1295756498328.gif
  32. Miranda Member

I didn't out a sock, and wouldn't. A sock is an account--to out it is to identify other accounts of the same individual. I called someone on something that is not okay on this forum--specifically, "padding" support for oneself by posting anonymously.

Though maybe those posters were joking. I'm half asleep, can't tell.
  33. Herro Member

BTW, Miranda is a Daywatch sock.
  34. Anonymous Member

Members have only inference.
    You are saying if I guess correctly I can’t say it?
    Don’t seem fair.
  35. Anonymous Member

...and I will now make her 70 sandwiches in heaven.

-Herro
  36. Miranda Member

This is a website. Life isn't fair.
  37. Anonymous Member

Miranda,
    I would really like to have an all music thread, please. :O)
  38. Miranda Member

why then, make one!

"And Toto, too?"

"And Toto, too."
  39. Anonymous Member

Yes, Miranda.
    i just want to go home now, too.
    It's been a long journey.
    i will click my heels three times and kiss Toto on the nose.
  40. Clever Name Member

you shouldn't have said that
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.