Customize

What if Tom Cruise left Scientology?

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by blownforgood, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Are we now following tabloids? come one, they should READ us, we don't read THEM. Chronology has definitely changed from its original conception
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. RightOn Member

maybe Tom is studying for a new reality show since we know where his movies will end up these days.

Kitchen Impossible?
    Artic Thunder?
    Fridge Wide Shut
    Fridge Man
    Cocktails II "this time it's frozen cocktails!"
    Frost Protocal
    Fridgerie
    Born on the Fridge of July
    Fridgey Business
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. HOC Member

Chronology? From what I've seen over the last 4 years, we've always reported on whatever media articles we found to help news spread.
  4. Anonymous Member

I think the Star Magazine "Tom is leaving Sci" story got out manuovered by the People magazine running the "Tom is missing Suri" story. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20633293,00.html

BTW If you want to see what story is getting covered you can use a site called topsy.com you can narrow searches by hour/day/week/etc
  5. Anonymous Member

fucking autocorrect LOL
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

You're obviously in the wrong place. Try http://www.google.com
  7. Anonymous Member

Can't speak for everyone else, but it sure looks like "we" follow tabloids.
    IMO, tabloids are contributing hugely to the downfall of CoS. They are front and center in all the stores, when at the gym they are what everyone picks up to read when doing cardio, they .... are very popular and serve the purpose of innoculating the masses en masse, as well as reducing the fear of litigation the main stream media has held on to for so long.
    And they're SUPER LULZY.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

^Some of what's reported is even true, sometimes...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

10. RolandRB Member

I think it is useless to speculate at this point. He is away filming and has been for some time. There is no way he can do that and be moving in Scientology circles. There was speculation that he had disconnected from Suri Cruise but that was nonsense as he phoned her every day. Maybe he phones David Miscavige every day. We just don't know. This is all idle speculation unless he makes an announcement or unless it becomes very clear that he is in a situation where he could be mixing in with Scientology but is not doing so.
  11. DeathHamster Member

Scientology fridge magnets, how do they work?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

I think it's pretty fucking funny that everyone was prepared to believe it was real. I did.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

^ THIS IS WHY
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

If Tom Cruise Quits Scientology, He'll Need a New Religion | The Stir

By Jacqueline Burt

That's Tom Cruise in the corner.
    That's Tom Cruise in the spot. Light.
    Losing his religion.

Yes, according to an "inside source," Tom Cruise might be quitting Scientology!!! I don't know about you, but I definitely didn't see this one coming. Still, the rumored reason for Cruise's crisis of faith makes sense: The source says Cruise is "finally seeing that being such an advocate for Scientology hasn’t served him as well as he’d hoped -- he’s gone through three divorces, and his public perception has sunk to an all-time low.” My Xenu, my Xenu, why hast thou forsaken me?

Anyway, Tom apparently hasn't officially decided to stop drinking the kool-aid leave his church just yet, which is understandable -- after all, the man did devote years and years of his life to the crazy cult institution. But if he DOES, we can only assume he'll be searching for something (new) to believe in.

Lucky for Tom, there's no lack of religions out there. Here are a few faiths that might work for him:

1. Catholicism
    Hey, if he's ever gonna win Katie back, this would be the way to do it. Plus, he'd fit right in with all the other guys who like to pretend they're straight wear black.

2. Buddhism
    Cruise was all about giving mad props to eastern religion back when he made The Last Samurai -- he even called Buddhism "the grandfather of Scientology." Also I heard Little Buddha with Keanu Reeves is his all-time favorite flick. (Okay, I made that part up.)

3. Hinduism
    Cause we know Cruise is down with the whole arranged marriage thing ... just saying!

4. Judaism
    With all his experience jumping on couches, he'd probably dance the Hora like a pro. You know, couches and chairs, jumping and dancing ... sorta the same thing.

5. Jehovah's Witness
    Can't you just picture Tom Cruise showing up on your doorstep with a Bible and that big sparkly grin? He was born for that gig!

Which religion do you think Tom Cruise should try if he quits Scientology?

From http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/144114/if_tom_cruise_quits_scientology
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RightOn Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. When has he ever self-mocked? Outside of Les (and he was rendered unrecognizable for it) when?

Shrimp dick is all about hisself. Tell it like it is, pleeez.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. another123 Member

plays Daryl Jenkins, mayor's son.
    Who (in original) flips on the Wolverines, and receives well deserved "lead poisoning" for his trouble.
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. RightOn Member

lol I still wouldn't believe it!
  21. Puppetmama Member

Interesting thought though, I wonder (tinfoil alert) if Miscavige has ever considered asking Cruise to spy on Marty for him.
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

Published on Sep 28, 2012 by ToryMagoo44

Dear TC,

It has come to my attention that you *may* be considering leaving $cientology. This is a video to you, about that and also if you are not, too. I hope you watch it. If one of your friends sees it, please sit him down and ask him to listen to it, IF you like it. If not, please send me a PM on what I could have said to make it better. Thanks. :) Good luck!

Also, either way, listen to music: Here's a start:

"No need to say good-bye"
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  23. vaLLarrr Member

Ms. Christman gets it right, every time.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  24. Anonymous Member

So does Mr. Ortega. Why not me?
  25. Cudgel Member

Don't know about you, but Mrs. C says I'm allowed to be right once a day. I generally try to save it for something important.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

Like sex?
  27. Cudgel Member

Yes, I like sex. But what's that got to do with the topic at hand? under discussion?
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

LOL.
    Okay, where were we? Tory is smart and so is Tony.
    A coincidence that both of their names contain the letters T - O and Y?
    I think not.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

That's not just tinfoil alert, that's a watch out we are being buried under a mountain of tin alert.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. RolandRB Member

I'm wondering if the whole "Ideal Org" scene revolved around Tom Cruise. Scientologists pay big money to buy the premises and big money to refurbish them on the assumption that Tom Cruise will get the public excited about Scientology the world over and the public would flock in to fill the new Ideal Orgs. Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that the staff were fighting each other over who would get the staff posts thinking they were going to get paid well at long last?

Didn't work, did it, my bivalve buddies? The public can see Tom Cruise is an idiot, they hate your cult, and now half your membership have gone off lines due to the constant heavy regging.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

^^^ Bivalve Buddies lol
    • Agree Agree x 2
  32. Anonymous Member

Didn't the whole debacle start because Tom Cruise thought the Paris Org was a bit run-down?

And now, it seems he is about to accidentally the whole cult. It is as epic as irony gets.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  33. RolandRB Member

Yes, I know about the Paris thing but I think it went deeper than that. I think he might have promised DM that he would get people to flock to Scientology by using his celebrtity status to the full. I think this was a plan between the two of them. DM provides the Ideal Orgs, TC gets the public to flock in.

They are doing well targeting rich footballers (soccer players) in the UK by giving them talks about the work of Narconon so they might get some big money yet I see Narconon as becoming their main recruiting tool..
  34. A.O.T.F Member

Thomas Cruise Mapother IV

Salaries

Taps (1981) $50,000
    Risky Business (1983) $75,000
    Legend (1985) $500,000
    Top Gun (1986) $2,000,000
    The Color of Money (1986) $1,000,000
    Cocktail (1988) $3,000,000
    Rain Man (1988) $3,000,000+% of gross
    Born on the Fourth of July (1989) Unspecified % of gross
    Days of Thunder (1990) $9,000,000
    Far and Away (1992) $13,000,000
    A Few Good Men (1992) $12,500,000
    The Firm (1993) $12,000,000
    Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994) $15,000,000
    Mission: Impossible (1996) $70,000,000 (gross participation)
    Jerry Maguire (1996) $20,000,000 against 15%
    Eyes Wide Shut (1999) $20,000,000
    Magnolia (1999) $100,000
    Mission: Impossible II (2000) $75,000,000 (gross participation)
    Vanilla Sky (2001) $20,000,000 + 30% of Profits
    Minority Report (2002) $25,000,000+
    The Last Samurai (2003) $25,000,000 + % of profits
    War of the Worlds (2005) (20% profit participation)
    Mission: Impossible III (2006) $75,000,000
    Valkyrie (2008) $20,000,000 against 20%
    Knight and Day (2010) $11,000,000 + % of profits
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011) $12,500,000 + % of back end

One does not need to be a rocket scientist to see why the COS became very interested in Thomas Cruise Mapother IV

I'm wondering how much longer it will take for him to wake the fuck up!
  35. JohnnyRUClear Member

Well, the fridge is tall enough....

Also, Background Guy looks a-meme-able.
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

This is a duplicate post, also on
    http://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/tom-cruise-and-katie-holmes-the-divorce.103450/page-67

From Facebook:

Tony Ortega shared a link.

There's been some tabloid speculation about Tom Cruise leaving Scientology, and it's very thinly sourced. We talked to people who really know him well, and they tell us they're skeptical that Cruise is actually walking away from Miscavige and the church. But we'd like to know what you think: is Tom really breaking away? Let us know.

Why Tom Cruise Can’t Quit Scientology | ortegaunderground

Our sources doubt it. One of them put it this way: “Tom Cruise is the most competitive person you will ever meet. It consumes him. And for him to leave Scientology? He’d have to admit that he had made a mistake about one of the biggest things in his life over the last 20 years. He’s just not built that way.”

More, and comments, at http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/why-tom-cruise-cant-quit-scientology/
  37. shutter Member

I think its very simple he was a part of it but after the publicity caught up to him he used it as a tool once it died down to much for his liking he just stopped caring about it and has not returned to it
  38. Anonymous Member

totally incorrect. Tom received a very special award from Miscavige, for being an exemplary scilon. Tom's not leaving the cult any time soon. I suspect he thinks he is a BIG BEING.
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

He has made this clear, in the bold paragraph.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  40. shutter Member

thanks for the info, i guess I need to re evaluate