Customize

What happened to the Austin protest this weekend?

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by MoonageDaydream, Nov 9, 2009.

1. What happened to the Austin protest this weekend?

Hey all, my name is David (I promise it is).

I've been a lurker of the internets in gerneral for some time, and I was also a part of the first protest against the church back when it was hip and cool. Recently, I haven't been too active, which I am currently attempting to remedy. I am shooting a documentary on the anonymous protests against Scientology and was delighted to find that one was scheduled for this past weekend. "Oh hey!" I said to myself, "This is perfect! I'll get some footage, speak to some awesome anons, and everything will be hunky dory!" Right? No.

I was surprised to see that no one showed up to the protest! Last I saw, on the other thread, at least 3 or 4 people said they'd come, but I guess not. You can imagine my surprise, and disappointment at this unfortunate turn of events.

And truth be told, it's a little selfish, I reckon. I mean, I kinda need this footage for my project (I'm a film student at the University of Texas), but also, this could be a great way to further get the message out about anonymous and what they stand for. I already have a few interviews on tape, and I have one more lined up (from this site, actually), but I think the doc could really use some actual protest footage.

That's where you HOPEFULLY come in.

How abouts we plan a protest for this weekend? I know it's kind of short notice, and we can reschedule for next weekend if it's a problem, but it kills me to see these things just kind of putter out and die! I mean, where did the spark go? Remember when we used to rally behind this thing? I'd love to come out and film some of you doing what you truly believe in, even if it is only being there for the lulz.

Does maybe saturday sound good for you? How about friday? Sunday?? What I'm trying to say here is anytime is good for me to come film yo rebel asses.

If you're interested at all in the documentary and want to help in any way, feel free to email me! Mine is monolithfiji@gmail.com . If you have any questions, shoot them my way! Farewell, my /b/rothers, I hope to hear back from ye.

Let's make up for this disappointing weekend of no protest!!

Sincerely, and with much love,
    David

tl;dr: protest this weekend and i film you??
  2. xenubarb Member

Re: What happened to the Austin protest this weekend?

I'd do it, but you have to come to San Diego California.