Customize

What do you need from the Old Guard / ex-members?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by RolandRB, Aug 1, 2010.

1. BigBeard Member

Re: What do you need from the Old Guard / ex-members?

Before 'Google' got there hands on it, there was a ton of reference stuff in the a.r.s. and a.r.s.binaries UseNet archives going back to the early 90's.

Someone mentioned in another thread the pre-2009 stuff has been vaporized by Google, but don't know if that's true or not It will be a major loss if it was.

There were also a few folks that kept their own UseNet archives, but I haven't heard their names around in a long time. So I don't know if any of those archives are still around, or how accessable they'd be if they are. Roland, do you remember who the major a.r.s. archivers were?

BigBeard

BigBeard
  2. RolandRB Member

a.r.s. has fallen to pieces but I can find out.

Should I do an ex-members stories links page that does that and nothing else? Is there a perceived need for this?
  3. Anonymous Member

Check with Jeff Jacobsen, he posts here occasionally. I believe he mentioned a few years ago on ars that he had backups.
  4. Anonymoosh Member

it would certainly be a help for me, whenever one of those 'meet a scientologist ' tweets come along, and they do frequently, i like to have an EX to repoint it at etc.

maintaining and tipping the balance as it were.
  5. RolandRB Member

OK, just emailed him.
  6. RolandRB Member

OK, then I'll do one. Hopefully Scientology Critical Information Directory will web it.

Edit: Yes, I think so because they webbed this http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry20070122.html - I had forgotten I wrote that.
  7. XVILLAINX Member

Great work!
    Very thorough, and I really do hope some families go sue the pants off the cult, epic lulz would be achieved.
  8. Anonymous Member

We need the people who participated in fabricating Board Minutes to contact the IRS. This is illegal, fraudlent behavior and grounds for revoking their tax-exemption.

It should come as a surprise to no-one that the minutes are fabricated, seeing as we all know there's no actual board that does anything real in Scientology. But I don't think the authorities can or will do much unless they get first-hand testimony.
  9. Anonymous Member

^This.

(Thanks, Roland, for asking!) It probably won't come out right, but hopefully some of you will get what I'm trying to say...

An Anon friend and I were talking about this the other day. We're not exes, but have both been at this for over two years, despite personal obligations and trials/tribulations, as most on this forum have done.

We realize there are exes out there protesting and doing their part. We think you're awesome! This is addressing those who aren't. OG, being defined (at least by us) as never being in, can take respites or quit whenever you damned well feel like it, so this isn't to you, either. (We think you're awesome!)

To you exes doing nothing but basking in your new freedom, we get that you risk disconnection and that you're likely still mindfucked. We do. But, do you realize that you'd likely still be in were it not for the OG, the exes who are speaking out, and for Anon?

It's very disconcerting to read your FB Tony Robbins-esque quotes, tales of wonderful vacations, woe-is-me-emo posts, and gushy kiss-kiss-hug-hug comments at the EXACT SAME TIME that Anon is protesting OUTSIDE YOUR OLD ORGS. You don't cheer them on. You don't publicly wish them well. Nothing. I've seen Anon publicly apologize for not being able to participate at specific raids due to lack of funds or whatever and not one of you says "that's okay". To that, I say, fuck you!

Most Anon are "kids" (under the age of 60 lol) - we're students, unemployed, or newly employed. We'd love to take vacations you talk about on your FB walls. Even though never in the cult, we're fighting to save others like YOU. Your lives would likely not be so god-damned blessed right now were it not for Anon (and OG, middle G, G-unit), etc.

We want you to have new, happy lives. But, you owe your brothers and sisters still in. Step up. Grow up. Wake up. It's way past time. You lose a family member or a friend because of it? So be it. You'd be surprised at what some who were never members of the cult you wrote checks to and signed billion-year-contracts with have lost because of their involvement. But, that's a story for another day...
  10. adhocrat Member

this ex has done
    19 raids in the last 19 days
  11. exOT8Michael Member

Impressed.
    :)
    That's the spirit!
  12. AIN Member

the old guard can do what always has done for us, give us the dox you have and point our data miners to places we should look.

We hit hard, hit fast and hit deep but we need to know the how and where to strike.
  13. DeathHamster Member

ARS still seems to be there in their archive generally, although Google did do silent removal of some articles months after they were posted because of DMCA Ho-grams. I haven't checked to see how extensive that was. (Because that would be a nasty big web crawling job.)

What is frequently messed up is their search index. Sometimes searches for names like "Hagglund" return nothing, and other times pages of stuff. It might not be just ARS, but their Usenet archives in general as they forget that it exists and let stuff break.
  14. Anonymous Member

A.R.S. fell to pieces because the "Old Guard" engaged in a personality & clique war amongst themselves trying to one-up each other to the point that ARS was no longer relevent.

ARS used to be a goldmine of information that the community & media often linked to for information on Scientology until the "Old Guard" started warring with each other.

I hope Anonymous doesn't lose its legitimacy turning into another "he said, she said" bawww tank where cliques are formed & anons go at each other's jugulars. OCMB is made up of mostly "Old Guard". It's long been closed off new registrations for a reason.
  15. RolandRB Member

So it was never cleverly twisted into knots by Diane Richardson and spammed by Bernie nor Koos nor Magoo and flooded with thousands of random and fake posts that had me keeping up the nfilter filter up to date so people could manage to still read the newsgroup?
  16. Re: What do you need from the Old Guard / ex-members?

This is all the more reason for "information about scientology" to be collected and and archived in a searchable fashion. Like, for instance, in a wiki.
  17. Anonymous Member

A twenty-year Ex may not really know where to strike either, even if he thinks he does. At best we can give you only a partial map of any given level. Collect and analyze data, aim accordingly, and when in doubt use the double-barreled shotgun near and the BFG9000 far.
  18. Anonymous Member

Blown For Good 9000?

blown-for-good.jpg

A good choice for doing damage!
  19. Anonymous Member

Exes should tell marty rathbun they wont join his cult unless he goes and talks to the feds and actually does something else than downplay the criminal nature of the RTC, and importance of the many abuses perpetuated within scientology.
  20. Anonymous Member

21. ChefXenu Member

In Cbus, the Scientologists have never seen an Ex participate in a raid with Anons. I think one of the best thing Ex's could do would be to find a city where Ex's haven't raided and make an appearance. It's one thing for the Scientologists to see anonymous protesters saying "It's OK to Look!" but I think it would be quite another thing if they were confronted with Exs saying "I've been where you are, I've seen what you're seeing, and we want to help you."

We would, of course welcome OG to our raids too, but I think the most valuable resource OG can provide is experience and data. I've had a couple OG promise me home baked cookies and copies of the ARS archives, none have yet delivered. One OG offered me financial support for the local anon cell's permit fees, which I declined because at the time local anons were contributing enough to cover the measly $30 a month.

Most importantly though, for both groups, is to continue the moral support they have heaped upon us since the winter the ¢o$ decided to wake the sleeping giant...

/2¢
  22. Anonymous Member

Roland, why not organise a dinner outing in London for UK ex's (of the fully out, cult hating variety). I'm sure that from something like that will flow not only a sense of support and working togetherness, but also ideas and plans. I'd hope you could get five or six together with a bit of networking.
  23. pooks Member

I understand how you feel, and I know you are a caring and compassion person but I don't think you totally get the mindfuck.

I don't know if you have ever experienced years and years of being in an abusive cult that had you so completely snookered that you believed all that insanity and spend most of your life living out and being a slave to some else's insanity.

If you manage to claw your way out of the shock and severe depression you then have to claw your way out of the terror they have instilled in you. If you get past the terror you have only to look forward to coming out and having everyone you know and love disconnect from you, with a heaping helping of fair game thrown on top. Remember the cult holds these people's confessional folders which contain ALL their indiscretions. Many people don't want the facts of their cheating, stealing, lying, being put all over the internet via RFW, and then some of us just don't give a shit.

It's like your asking someone in a state of complete fuckedupness to get dressed and go a party where their life will be even more destroyed if they attend it.

Going to a protest is a monster of a big deal for an Ex. A few years ago there were only a few of us OG/Ex's that spoke up at all. Now there's lots and lots and more and more every day. People will start protesting when they are able to. Most ex's are still in terror of the cult, but at least they are lurking.

What the cult has done to these people is why we protest. We protest for those that can't.
  24. Anonymous Member

Information on scientology's inroads to politics and power in the UK on any level.

We already know about Lord and Lady Mc Nair, the interfaith group at Westminster, City of London Police, Keenan, police in Camden and local councils in Ilford etc.

Where are they infiltrating government departments?

Where are they cuddling up to people connected to or in power that they consider useful?

Where are they openly involved with other 'faith' groups to make scientology appear normal?

It would be useful to have names of scientologists involved in these activities and exact areas they are getting into either in a clandestine way or more openly for PR purposes.
  25. Sponge Member

There's the "ARS: Week in Review" which went from 1995 to the end of 2006
    Operation Clambake - ARS Week In Review
  26. Anonymous Member

You inglorious bastard
  27. RolandRB Member

There is just me who comes to mind and I am in Germany in any case. :(
  28. Anonymous Member

Well, OK - I guessed you were back and forth - but if not, the challenge is there to all other UK ex's - take on the task of organising an informal get together. And don't leave it to someone else. Reach out, make contact, use each other, talk, have fun, get tipsy, lol, plan, get drunk, rofl, and repeat.
  29. RolandRB Member

If you are in the UK then the number one target is the CoL mandatory business rates relief. Everybody needs to put full energy into that and get it cracked no matter how much effort it takes. Once achieved, CoW mandatory business rates relief is next. Then the other rates relief across the UK. Then VAT and NMW can be done together after that. If that gets done then the cult is dead or if not dead, a pleasure to have around due to all the tax they pay.
  30. Re: What do you need from the Old Guard / ex-members?

If anyone is in touch with newly released/blown sea org members we need to know how the organization is currently operating. We need to know names of all personnel, who has been RPF'd and why. Particularly we need more info on the IAS and David Miscavige's connection.

Things to do list for the week.
    1. Put out bins.
    2. Take cat to the vet
    3. wash clothes
    4. Destroy cult