Customize

What "crimes" of the Church would get to Joe Blow the most?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

What "crimes" of the Church would get to Joe Blow the most?

Disconnection, fair gaming...?

Posted on Anonymous Think Tank because the answers are going to be used for something...epic.:text:
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: What "crimes" of the Church would get to Joe Blow the most?

IMO there is a trade-off between impact and relevance.

Fair Game is probably the MOST powerful and operation Freakout and the non-cancellation of Fair Game is very telling. Tying that in with modern lawsuits and it makes a great picture. The worst parts of Fair Game are starting to get dated so impact may not be as huge. <------ still my first pick.

Disconnection is VERY relevant and you can site Tommy Davis on CNN lying about it. Couple this with the parents on YouTube about to sue over disconnection with their daughter and it will be huge win in the family demographic.

The whole compatibility with Christianity is such a gregarious lie in light of the OT3 lectures where LRH talks about religions being implants and that there was no Christ. Couple Co$ proclamations of being compatible (are there vid interviews with DM, TD, or even TC saying this for most impact?) with the audio material just placed on Wikileaks and this will also be huge win. Make sure you play up the "New to Wikileaks" angle as this is not "new" information but it is new to WL in this complete of a form which adds more impact. (oh shiat new leaked info shows Co$ hates religion!!) Spai angle makes everything better.

I would pick from one of these three depending on your targeted demographic
  3. Anonymous Member

I would say for joe blow?

Child labor (jenna interview for sauce)

RPF as well

This is from experience, fair gaming to joe blow requires way too much explanation.

Disconnection is kinda hard to pin down.

Religion comparison to date has proven to be utter fail as far as garnering new support it just ends up being an endless circle jerk discussion.

The charging for knowledge also has a bit of legs.

Brainwashing and explaining why it's a money grubbing cult that destroys peoples lives also works well.

Good luck.
  4. Anonymous Member

I say just focus on the insane pricing and tax exempt status, as well as the horrible pay of members in the Sea Org. At least here in the U.S. that is bound to make an impact with our economy falling on hard times.
  5. Anonymous Member

Money.

History shows that the first critics of the catholic church claimed that that the church was too rich and owned a lot of buildings and land.
  6. Anonymous Member

I'm in Scotland and I focus on the money bit! But, personally, the things that horrified me the most were RPF, the RPF's RPF (I mean, wtf?), and coercing children into the SeaOrg (and the slave labour that ensues). Once I found out that TC et al enjoyed facilities that were built by people who were half-starved, abused and deprived of sleep I found my way here and got involved. I wish I knew for sure that the celebs who use the tennis courts, etc, were aware of how they came about, because I'm sure the public would kill their careers if they found out. And they would fucking deserve it.
  7. Anonymous Member

Lisa McPherson's story.
  8. Anonymous Member

Money. Consistent deception in all aspects and on all levels. Penetration into schools and kindergartens. The R6 implant.
  9. Anonymous Member

I think the issue that has the biggest impact on Joe Public is whatever requires the least amount of information to both cause an emotional response and verify the accusation. Lets face it, the main reason we know so much about the church's crimes is that we search for this information, except of course those of us which have been personally affected by the church.
    Most people are mentally lazy (Or stressed if you want to be kind) and will only accept so much new information before becoming resistant to further input without motivation to do so.

That said, I say go for the money and tax exempt status. It's easy to verify and if you portray it so that people see the church as a freeloading corp, well, people can get touchy about things like money.

I'm in the Southern Baptist Bible belt region, so the "Christ is an alien implant" line works well for me.