Customize

Website Content needed (probably a small team of people)

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by gregg, Jun 9, 2008.

1. gregg Member

Website Content needed (probably a small team of people)

There is a need for a specific type of site to exist. I was thinking about how best to approach creating this site when I found one already in the works.

whatisanonymous.org aims to be in the middle. Sending Joe Public to xenu.net, clambake, and lermanet can be very overwhelming. This is why we made WhyWeProtest.net. The goal with that was to introduce the general public to what we are doing and who the scientologists really are without overwhelming them. The issue we have right now is people are taken from a very small site that is light on information (on purpose of course,) to sites that have too much and aren't organized well.

With that in mind another member/user/whatever you want to call us all was working on whatisanonymous.org. For some reasons he can talk about if he wants, he cant work on the site much right now. I volunteered to try and get a team of people together to finish up the content.

Right now there is some content on the site. It is not even close to complete, and some of it (especially the front page) is out of date. So a couple of us brought the content and menu structure over to the translation wiki to start working on new content and upgrading the old content. That wiki page/area is here:

Main: Whatisanonymous - Operation Translation
    English content: Whatisanonymous English - Operation Translation

You can see that the structure of the wiki is just like the structure of the menu on whatisanonymous.org. This will make it easy for Ike to take the content and put it in the site. Once it is done in English we can work on getting it translated into a few other important languages.

The real goal here is to add a stepping stone into the mix. WhyWeProtest.net (or goanonymous or one of the other small ones) would be the page people are sent to first. We would make sure that any links in the text on whyweprotest.net would point to the appropriate page on whatisanonymous.org. This would lead anyone who wants more information to a site that has about 20x the content. It would be organized well and list of sources for everything it said. Sources and other links like that could then lead people over to sites like xenu.net, clambake forums, lermanet, and others.

So, check out the page, check out the wiki, and signup to start making content?
  2. exOT8Michael Member

Re: Website Content needed (probably a small team of people)

This is such a great idea!!
    Props 2 U.
    :woot:
  3. gregg Member

Lets hope more people think the same and join in.
  4. Sandwich Member

very good
  5. TheLetterN Member

NEEDS MOAR VOLUNTEERS!

Please people, I've seen quite a number of posts bawwing about transparency of certain Anonymous actions, this is your chance.
  6. gregg Member

Yes it does. This is a shameless bump post and I should be chastised for it.
  7. clu- Member

already signed up. ill be doing editing and proofreading.
  8. Bulle Member

I'll join.

I can proofread, write, and translate.

I'm a bit stupid, though, and need someone to point me in the right direction.
  9. gregg Member

find one of the entries on the page that doesnt have anything in it yet. Maybe look at the other pages to get an idea for the flow and length of the average content on the site.

Whatisanonymous English - Operation Translation

Once done, start work on that pages content.

I would love to see people go through a lot of the existing content and add source links for anything that might need them. References are key when trying to prove points.

I know there is a lot to do for the idea, I am just hoping we can come up with enough people from the hive to do it.
  10. TrevAnon Member

I have made myself an account.

Please notify me if the first pages (in English) show up. I can then start translating (into Dutch, that is).
  11. Mitsu Too Member

Can help with editing and proofreading but have a shitload of projects for work right now so won't be able to do much for content/creation. Have bookmarked the pages so will check in regularly when time permits.
  12. nonnonanon Member

Happy to write content, have added some stuff. Editorial guidance plz?
  13. gregg Member

Every page that is missing content needs content. Thats pretty much were we stand. The idea is to have way more information that whyweprotest.net, but less than the more overwhelming sites. Look at existing pages on whatisanonymous.org for a good idea on the content style and length.
  14. gregg Member

Great work so far. Glad to see someone else joining in to help.
  15. PresidentIke Member

Hey, everybody! Thanks very much for your willingness to help! I'm Ike, I started the site several months ago. Unfortunately, shortly after I created the site, while in the midst of trying to write all the content, I fell ill and have been battling some fairly serious health concerns ever since. I just had surgery about a week ago and have found myself really insanely doped up on pain medication for quite a while now. It's doing a number on my brain and I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the information that needs to be pulled together and organized to flesh out this site.
    Gregg was nice enough to step in and offer to help out. Thank goodness for that! I really appreciate all of his hard work and kindness - he totally rocks. :)

I'm still keen to finish the site and I'm so excited that all of you have offered to help out! I'm going to do my best to keep up as well and do everything I can to contribute to this now expanded project. :)

Anyway, now you know what's going on and everything. I do have just one question - I just found out today that someone has purchased advertising for the site through Google. Surprise surprise! That's a huge honor and was very very nice of somebody. I just wish I knew who it was... So if any of you out there did that, a big thank you to you, but if you could send me an email or something to let me know who you are, that'd be great. :)

If anybody has any questions, feel free to send me a PM here or email me at PresidentIke@gmail.com. Please keep up the great work and if I can do anything to answer questions, give a little editorial guidance, or whatever, just let me know!

And THANK YOU!!!! :)
  16. gregg Member

Glad your back. A couple people have stepped up and done some work. But to get this done we will need a few more. Ive but what time I can into it. Im sure I can do more. We just need to figure out how to get some more help on this one.
  17. SmackThePony Member

I'll be happy to translate to German and proofread as well.

Bulle - weißt Du schon, wie's funktioniert? Bin leider eine WikiNiete
    und brauche eine Ansage.
  18. CherrieZ Member

Oh I'm totally all over this baby!!

Question....where do we get the content from?!
    Copy pasta from other legit sites like xenu.net or original writing?!
  19. gregg Member

Original writing prefered. But basing it off of the other sites is perfectly fine. Even if your just re-writing whats there. A lot of whats on those sites isnt really good for the general public to consume (use of scilon speak and of course the length.)
  20. flashy Member

I'd gladly help out. I know my stuff, so I can add original writing, or at least get copypasta and "put it in my own words." I'm also very good with html and a few other web languages if you need content on that side of the site too. PM what you need from me.
  21. CherrieZ Member

Ok, gotcha!
  22. gregg Member

I think the best way to join in is to just pick something that is missing (empty content section on the wiki for a that page,) and just dive right in. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
  23. CherrieZ Member

How long is this going to be up for editing? Any deadlines?
    Just checking!!
  24. gregg Member

I was hoping to have the site up and going before July 19th. So we could mention it at the march.
  25. AnonGrenade Member

I'll help as much as I can, but I'm leaving for Europe quite soon, so time is limited.
  26. anonymusicz Member

Whenever the site is not being DDoS'd here Gregg, bump the post. I'll jump in on it.
  27. Plups Member

Hi. I'm having trouble connecting to the wiki. Is there an issue with it?
  28. gregg Member

The post right above yours summed it up pretty good. DDOS. As soon as that stops the wikis and whatnot will be back up.
  29. anonymusicz Member

Dammit, you bumped the post, and I got all excited :lol:
  30. CherrieZ Member

^^ ME TOO! Stoppit y'all :magoo:
    I've been waiting a few dayz now, lol!!
  31. gregg Member

Site is back up.
  32. AnotherRIAnon Member

I'll take a crack at the Xenu creation story seeing as someone's already doing Fair Game.
  33. CherrieZ Member

Is the site up? Does it need moar work?
  34. gregg Member

You and one other person were the only ones doing actual work on the content. When you both stopped it stopped. If you are still up for doing more please do so we can get it up.
  35. Re: Website Content needed (probably a small team of people)

[ Protests
    -Upcoming Protests
    -Past Protests
    -Personal Stories
    -Protest Materials
    -Photos
    -Videos ]

For the Protests section what kind of things you after? As I would be up for help on that section if you like? ( Protest Materials, Photos and Videos )
  36. gregg Member

You got it exactly.
  37. demosthenes Member

I'm willing to help with content creation and proofreading. I've already expanded the "Operation Snow White" page a bit. I'll try to do more in the next few days.
  38. Gigazz Member

I made an account and am currently expanding on the Disconnection article

:)
  39. dunderhead Member

Still need people?
    :alien:
  40. anonymusicz Member

Always :)