Customize

we should NEVER abuse 800 numbers

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

we should NEVER abuse 800 numbers

Once upon a time, in the 80s, when MTV was new and the Moral Majority opressed the youth of America, some people, who though Pat Robertson was not so very nice, decided to call his 800 # and ask for prayers for their uncle Ben Dover, Aunt Fanny Airhorn, etc, because at the time, each call cost the receiving organization money. I am not sure if that is still the case, but still, no Anon would ever think of bothering the Volunteer Ministers that way. They are such GOOD people.

Scientology Volunteer Ministers - The Largest Independent Relief Force on Earth
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: we should NEVER abouse 800 numbers

hmmmm

think they can trace calls ?

lulz let me see what i can do
  3. Anonymous Member

Pay phones for great justice.
  4. Anonymous Member

When you dial an 800 number the person paying the bill, receives an itemised listing of all the numbers who've called them.

Payphone
  5. Anonymous Member

Should I lurk moar?
  6. Anonymous Member

"When you dial an 800 number the person paying the bill, receives an itemised listing of all the numbers who've called them."

what you have an unlisted or blocked number? that isnt FAIR
  7. Anonymous Member

What numbers should we ABSOLUTELY NEVER CALL FROM A PAYPHONE? I'd like to write them down so that I KNOW NOT TO CALL THESE NUMBERS but I don't have a proxy-condom so I can't get THESE NUMBERS WHICH I SHOULD NEVER, EVER CALL FROM AN PAYPHONE OR OTHER UNLISTED/BLOCKED NUMBER off the Scilon website.
  8. Anonymous Member

Re: we should NEVER abuse 800 numbers

Never call 800 HELP 4YU from a payphone. EVER. Unless your last name is YU and you dont need help. Or do. Something.
  9. Anonymous Member

So, if I had a cellphone-which I may or may not- and I wanted to be sure that if a bad stranger called such a number from my (obviously stolen) phone, I would not be blamed for the very bad stranger's actions, is there something I could do to block my cell phone number from view?
  10. Anonymous Member

The following information is purely for research purposes, I recommend you read it then take no action whatsoever.

Prank calls - Insurgency Wiki | "the wiki had the best security, it was down half the time we tried to hack it" -zf0

11. Anonymous Member

Everything here should be disregarded and cocks should be sucked. Anonymous is SO against the delicious plan of calling 800 numbers and wasting the scientology organiztion's money. That would be WRONG
  12. Anonymous Member

Not to piss on the parade of people who would do this (which Anonymous does not support), but calls to 800 numbers cost the owner at most 25 cents per minute. Even if 1000 people call them for 10 minutes each, the cost to them would only be $2500.

Scientology has billions of dollars. If someone wanted to do this, they would have to keep it up for a couple decades to make an impact.
  13. Anonymous Member

Then a couple of decades, if that is how long it take the Co$ to fall. You see, you have an error in your thought though:

1000 is in fact over 9000.
    10 minutes is too long. You can keep them talking for a good 30 minutes asking about dianetics. I have done at least 4 of these, just for lulz.
  14. Anonymous Member

That is true, the direct cost of the calls is not the real impact however. Due to the way phone calls are handled at INT, tying up their phone lines at this busy time in the year (preparing for something on June 6 if I recall correctly) could significantly disrupt their operations - and this is something I do not endorse in any way. We should not disrupt commercial operations of any corporation because to do so would be morally indefensible.
  15. Anonymous Member

But remember - Anonymous in NO WAY supports this idea of calling Scientology 800 numbers from untraceable phone numbers in order to tie up their lines with frivilous calls, ramp up their costs of maintaining these 800 numbers and depleting the income of this dangerous cult.
  16. Anonymous Member

We would NEVER do that.
  17. Anonymous Member

We would NEVER, EVER call and ask very interestedly about all their services, classes, and books and pretend to be exceptionally interested, only to say we'll think about it and hang up an hour later. EVER.
  18. Anonymous Member

^THIS. NO ONE SHOULD EVER DO THIS. THIS WOULD BE THE [STRIKE]BEST[/STRIKE] WORST THING TO DO.

DON'T DO IT! I'M TOTALLY SRS!
  19. Anonymous Member

prankdialer.com if you are too lazy for payphone
  20. Anonymous Member

Um, what would happen if someone DIDN'T call one of these 800 numbers from another country?