Customize

We need to change tactics a little. ** READ YOU SCUMBAGS **

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

We need to change tactics a little. ** READ YOU SCUMBAGS **

Ok then.

Numbers at protests are down. Yes, I know none of us are supposed to care because "numbers don't matter" but let's face it, we do care.

For a start, the public is getting bored - at the London protest I was unable to give out around 10 fliers to some members of the public because they had already recived the fliers from other protests and wern't interested. This is both good and bad, however, we need to change our tactics somewhat in order to keep Chanology alive.

For a start, there has to be MOAR MINI-RAIDS. I can not stress this enough. Some of you may not know, but origionaly the major protests were going to end after Party hard and we were going to seperate into smaller " cell " groups to take down the CoS small bits at a time, nawing away at their reputation where ever they were seen.

Now, I'm not here to say that's what we should of done, however, mini-raids are extreamly important. One thing I'm thinking is at each protest weare targetting the same people over and over again. This is good for a while, but I believe it has no become an over-kill. We're not spreading our message far enough, and our fire power is all going into one place.

My suggestion is this: keep your big protests, but each and every cell unit should be doing its best to orgonize mini-raids. It gets " the message " out to new people and scares the CoS, knowing we're not there just once a month.

If you've got no-one to go with, there's still ways you can help. For instance, today I went around Isslington in London putting up some crappy A4 posters on phoneboxes. While it's not a lot, it's something - try to print off more cards, go on random flier raids and such. If there is a stress test cart near where you live, enturbulate it. All you have to do is hand out fliers and tell those having the stress test that it's a way of recruiting for Scientology.

TL;DR
    Srart doing more mini-raids. Even if you can't, do things to help spread the word. E.g put up posters, go on flier-raids or drop cards. If there's a stress test cart near you, raid the shit out of it - it's not hard.
  2. narCONon Member

Re: We need to change tactics a little. ** READ YOU SCUMBAGS **

this^^^ miniraids are the way to scare the shit out of them!
  3. Re: We need to change tactics a little. ** READ YOU SCUMBAGS **

Moar miniraids. Yes. Rickrolling flierscilons at leicester square tube was epic.

we should have lulz meets EVERY weekend in London. Assemble at a set point at a set time, then decide where we go and what we do. seek them out and enturbulate them wherever they may be.

Then go to the pub.
  4. Anonymous Member

Miniraids are an opportunity to play them LRH's Xenu audio, which they are expressly forbidden from hearing.

Sec checks and midget fist enemas ensue.
  5. Anonymous Member

Every weekend would be good, or you could split your cells up into smaller factions and do it bi-weekly or something. Try to keep going to differnt locations though, or we will experience the same overkill we get at the monthly protests.

This isn't so say we should stop the larger scale protests, no, it's just we can no longer simply have the larger protets and really need to start doing more mini-raids. This is very important as our larger protests aren't as large as they used to be.
  6. anoneye Member

MOAR miniraids sounds good.

The only thing is sorting out how to organise them, could really do with some "Scilon Spotters" to let us know when they leave the orgs
  7. Anonymous Member

We don't need Scifag spotters unless we're going for stress test tables. What we mainly need is flier raids to inform the public (a group of Anon's with masks on will attract attention) and mini-raids outside public Orgs (as in, orgs where the public will be able to see you raiding)
  8. Jugular Member

Flashraids are just the beginning.

Get creative with your decentralized cell.

And don't brag about your plans until you do them.

This is asymmetric warfare.

(with a bit more thought i could have made that a haiku)
  9. Daywatch Member

1. counting heads is stupid ..period ( if anything lets count CITIES )
    2. I was seeing head counts being posted TWENTY MINUTES AFTER PROTESTS STARTED
    3. 1/2 the people I saw posting "stats" I was like WTF who is that?
    4. COUNTING HEADS IS STUPID
    5.there is NO way of telling how even remotely accurate these numbers are
    6 COUNTING HEADS IS STUPID

also I agree with OP about other stuff
  10. Re: We need to change tactics a little. ** READ YOU SCUMBAGS **

I think we should go for both stress test tables and scinewspaperhandingoutfags.

Cameras are utterly fucking essential for this work, though.
  11. AnonymousDess Member

us london fags do many mini raids
  12. anonymusicz Member

MOAR MINIRAIDS EVERYWARE!!!

Fliers for the public.

Fliers for Lamp posts.

Fliers for Stress Test tables.

Stickers for everywhere.

YFTC cards for libraries and bookstores.
  13. Anonymous Member

YFTC Cards EVRYWHORE!!!
  14. Anonymous Member

We *are* hitting a saturation point.

Our overall project is to 'starve the beast.' There are several strategies to achieve that end, and pursuing all of them simultaneously is best - as there is synergy between the different strategies.

The specific strategy the OP is adjusting is the 'vaccinate the public' strategy. We're also trying to get people out of the cult, trying to make the cult a subject of ridicule in media, making the press unafraid of the cult, make critics less afraid to speak out, etc.

But yeah, when educating the public, doing it in the same location over and over again is only going to reach a certain sampling of the population.

If you go to a crowded area, a city square, you'll hit up a LOT of people who didn't know anything about Scientology the first time. As you do this more and more often, you hit a saturation point where it's now more worth your while to move to a less-busy place with more people you haven't gotten to before.

But another strategy shift could be more agressive. Instead of trying to reach the whole of the public...

Well, this is a PR war. Scientology is trying to achieve the exact same thing we are. If we track their efforts, we can cut them off at the pass. There was a thread late yesterday or early today about a guy that asked his dentist about the scientology front-group that recruits dentists and chiropractors. It would be fucking brilliant of us to put together a good, concise, persuasive infopack targeted at dentists and chiropractors, and send them specifically to those businesses.

Similarly, we could emulate Stu's cult-watch model (while tying into the Spy vs. Sci theme) by recruiting 'spotters.' Members of the public, people who are not actively involved in anonymous, but who are happy to e-mail us the time, date, and location of any spotting of scilon carts. This will maximize our ability to get out and enturbulate them; it will also allow us to track THEIR routes. After a pattern emerges (and it will), we can inoculate those areas. If we can prevent Scientology from getting a toehold where they try to, it's just as effective as if we actually successfully informed the entire population of the human race.
  15. Skeptic1337 Member

Anything that does the following is good.

Starve the cult of cash
    Educate the public to the con
    Puts pressure on the culties to GTFO

Is awesome. Enough current culties (because god knows all the ones that are out already haven't done it so we'll assume they never will) get out and they have good dirt that they report to authorities the final nail will be laid.

Mini raids achieve this, now you could mini-raid for a variety of reasons and I encourage people start expanding this.

Use some mini-raids to recruit more people into chanology...which will eventually turn into more mini raids. They are also small and let a social group of people work together.

Use mini-raids to fuck with the cult by crashing their book athons and pamphlets. This is to directly apply presure to the rondroids in there.

Use mini-raids to purely educate the public, which cuts off their recruiting capabilities and starves them of cash even more.

Some of these are location dependent some of them are not. Start thinking outside the box of directly at fucking with the cult and think more broadly.

Be decentralized and plan these small raids between trusted people for maximum effect. It cuts down on the paranoia which is some times rampant in the larger raids.

I endorse the miniraid concept. If your local cells does not do one talk to the cities and people there that do with help in what is effective. be creative and start mutating.

Fuck the numbers, if you care about numbers then start doing recruiting drives either on the web (and not on /b/) or in person.
  16. Anonymous Member

I'm glad to of seen a response like this towards the post, this is good.

Try to bring fliers, posters, etc, everywhere you go. There is always a time to give out fliers or drop YFTC cards. For instance, tomorrow during my lunch break I will be giving out fliers to the public.

(if you want to join me, meet at the subway near old street station at 1.00)

One thing that has always failed this plan of action is getting enough people to do work. We have to remember that we can't just expect other people to do things for us. If no one is setting up a flash raid, set one up yourself!

Remember this bit of copypasta:
  17. vegnej Member

You can even use your friendly government workers, our local friendly road sweeper tells me how much of the scilons dvds are thrown away and when and where the stress cart appears a great local asset !!!
  18. watwatwat Member

uh wrong, i don;t give a shit about numbers. in fact the big protests always seem to be fail to me. i enjoy dedicated mini-raiding much more.
  19. Anonymous Member

I've been considering posting flyers or leaving cards and such around the local colleges. I've also thought about flyering around churches and such. Recruiting legitimate religions rise up in moral outrage would be helpful, and nothing gets Christians in an "Inquisition" sort of mood like coerced abortions and Nazi Death Camps.

Whatever tactic, I definitely encourage those in smaller towns to spread the word. The big raids tend to only happen in larger metropolitan sort of areas, which leaves other areas (like the shit hole I live in) untouched and unaware. The word could definitely stand to be spread more evenly, not just in big cities.
  20. gregg Member

21. Anonymous Member

I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message.
  22. Re: We need to change tactics a little. ** READ YOU SCUMBAGS **

I think that maybe the public has already gotten the message and that we should focus less on flyering and more on getting mass media attention and the like. Redirect efforts into getting airtime with radiohosts, interviews with press, etc. If we can do that, then we can use the public reaction to gauge whether or not our flyering was successful.
  23. anonymusicz Member

NO. DON'T STOP FLIERING.

We don't need to gauge public reaction. One person can't speak for anonymous.

Good public gauge:

Passerby:"Oh, where's the dangerous cult?"
    Me:"Right there at that table."
    Passerby: "Oh them [scientologist]. Everyone knows that"

That is an excellent gauge of public opinion.
  24. SenatorXenu Member

Great idea, we need to start getting creative again
  25. KatanaRaHmA Member

see i always wondered if it would be okay to put up flyers/place YFTCs by yourself and without a mask.... i that OK? or would I be endangering myself?
  26. supafreak Member

I have dropped cards without a mask, just a matter of being surreptitious. Hide them in books at the library and bookshops, leave them in public toilets, etc.
  27. the anti Member

those that quit are weak anyways. call up your friends, see if they want to join, and let them know its is rather fun at the protest
  28. Anonymous Member

tl;dr

We aren't recruiting. No amount of flash raids will change that: we need messages directed at Joe Public about *us* and how *they* can become *one of us*. Scientology is a fucking nightmare, but that doesn't encourage anyone to join the fight.

The lulztards are mostly gone (they aren't the ones showing up for flash raids either), but nobody from the rest of the universe has stepped in to take their place.
  29. Re: We need to change tactics a little. ** READ YOU SCUMBAGS **

disregard
  30. windsorfag Member

In Kitchener, Ontario we had an ex scientologist drop by with a interesting tidbit of info: there's only two or three wealthy members keeping it afloat and even then the members they recruit don't get audited or get courses.

We figured a way that we can hit them hard is identify these wealthy people and the businesses they work with and publicise it. Force them out in the open so they can't hide anymore.

We learned this from Braveheart - moon the enemy all you want/stand on the other side of the road protesting, but eventually you'll have to change tactics. I think the method above will work for smaller churches such as Kitchener.
  31. Ann O'Nymous Member

Scientology is particularly open about donations. Look in their mags, their sites. You will find the names.
  32. Hailxenu Member

I agree it looks like were losing steam, we need to him hard, and everywhere at once so they cant recover. On the plus side we are starving them, take a look at youtube and how much anti scifag crap is on, and compare it to how much pro scifag shit is on. Were obviously winning the PR battle we just need to keep up the pressure, and maybe open up new avenues, protest in places we havent tried before.
  33. el_ron Member

We need the public. We need the media. We need spectacle. Miniraids are fine up to a point but if we do nothing but miniraids we risk marginalising ourselves. We need to reach out to the greater public with big displays. Like the airport protesters did, like the father's rights campaigners did
    Fathers 4 Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Things like this make headlines
    fathersrights.jpg
    Fathers for justice at buckingham palace
    article-1024972-0189C40F00000578-384_468x459.jpg
    More of their protests
    [IMG]
    terminal 5 protesters

This is what we need, Harmless newsworthy actions. things that will not only capture the public's imagination, but show our determination too.
  34. Anonymous Member

I agree with the above post, however, I'm not going to pretend I have balls big enough to do anything like that.
  35. el_ron Member

Neither am i, but we do need to do something spectacular.
  36. Re: We need to change tactics a little. ** READ YOU SCUMBAGS **

No.

Father's for Justice are playing a very different game to us, and pretty much blew a lot of the sympathy that the public had for their cause with these stunts, and also things like discussing kidnapping Tony Blair's kid, and also doing dangerous stuff like occupying motorway gantries.

We can be far cooler than them.

I've got something in the pipeline, which would be bloody spectacular, but I don't want to plan it in public, and it needs a bit of cash to get going, which I don't have to spare right now.
  37. anonymusicz Member

Ok, to take some pointers from my PsyOps Fieldbook (US ARMY FM3-05.30) and other US ARMY pubs:

1) Fliers (Ok, we can't really do flier bombs) are a #1 way to sway public opinion.

2) PA Announcments. We can adapt this, and have done so already (ie Op:Bluetruth, Loud music at protest).

3) Rogue radio stations. We have some nerds/hams/electronic geeks here. We can do this.

If you check out Active_FM - Army Doctrine and Training Publications there are tons of references for PsyOps (What we're doing). These for the most part really work well, and we can adapt what we need.
  38. el_ron Member

I wasn't actually suggesting we become fathers for justice, i was merely suggesting we take a leaf from their book and do things that the public will notice
  39. windsorfag Member

We had talk in Kitchener about a massive 40' high sign codenamed "kite" a few months back. Our main concerns were stable structure (I think we decided to downscale it to 20') and how the wind would affect it.

Not saying all of anon should make a huge sign, but impressive feats help get the public's eye.

We've also had talk of going around and cleaning up the local park - if advertised well, this could potentially be huge with the college/university green nuts.
  40. Silent Member

Yeah, take a look at established protest groups, see what gets them media attention, and what does not, then pick out the legal stuff and mulitiply that by 9001!