Customize

we need the Mind of Mencia on our side

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by AJ_WRATH, May 12, 2008.

1. AJ_WRATH Member

we need the Mind of Mencia on our side

Scientology has they're puppets Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Will Smith. I think it is time that we got a few mascots of our own. We should ask Carlos Mencia to help the us. Maybe do a show or something. We need actors and so on to help us send a message to the world. it would really help out if we all send letters to Carlos Mencia or any actor in Hollywood to side with us and be our puppet. joking about the puppet thing.

P.S. this is my only non evil idea. LOL:frustration:
  2. Whanonstler Member

Re: we need the Mind of Mencia on our side

Or we could get a comedian who is actually funny?

Also- Mascots? Are you sure you are clear on the concepts around here? Last I checked, Anonymous does not want mascots and sure as hell does not need puppets. Frainkly I think we are doing quite fine ourselves, working with the Old Gaurd to show the Truth of the matter. No celebs for me thanks
  3. cubby Member

if i had heard mencia was with this cause before i joined up, i might have reconsidered.
  4. Se7en Member

I thought at first Mencia was a piss poor attempt at spelling 'Mensa'

My reaction was:
    Ok so Mensa are some pretty brainy people, but do we really need 'Super Geniuses' to topple the Corrupt empire of Co$?
    Would they even care that we're waging war against the Co$?

Links for the Un-informed:
    Wikipedia: Mensa International
    Mensa International: Homepage
  5. Yoni Alter Member

As much as it's good to get people in the media on our side, I think we can do a little better than a Honduran getting as much mileage out of Mexican stereotypes for his comedy as possible.
  6. Pecanonymous Member

Jon Stewart's show or the Colbert Report are better bets than Carlos Mencia as they've been known to be much more likely than an agonizing stand-up/sketch show like Carlos Mencia's to deal with obscure internet issues or to criticize Scientology. The writer's of the Colbert Report seem particularly attuned to the Chan mood swings, and some abnormally prescient person on the defunct News board alternately identified himself as a Colbert Report writer or Colbert himself; his claims of involvement backed up with interesting pre-release tidbits.

If anyone would be willing to lend an ear, it would probably be Stephen Colbert and that bizzare cauliflower appendage on the side of his head. I see no reason not to make informative posts on this all over the Colbert Report message board if anyone actually thinks this is a good idea.
  7. Re: we need the Mind of Mencia on our side

Indeed

enough said
  8. Ten Tigers Member

<-----Member of MENSA (no, srsly!)
  9. anonspitfire Member

oh, so you're a comedian? :D
  10. AnonyMama Member

it seemed funny at the time. Nevermind..
  11. Ten Tigers Member

No. I'm not very funny... :frustration:
  12. Sanjuricus Member

LOL. nuff sedd tbh.
  13. kyranon Member

There are no other comedians attached to anonymous for Mencia to steal material from. He wont do it.
  14. Legione Member

Mencia is a piss poor attempt by comedy central to fill Chapelles racist shoes.

Major difference would be Chapelle had a sense of comedic timing, and funny scripts.
  15. kyranon Member

And his own material.
  16. Legione Member

And comedy that showed insight into the minds of the very people he was insulting, while simultaneously causing both empathy and derision, as opposed to HEY LOOK A BEANER NIGGER NIGGER CHINK LOL
  17. FL_ANON Member

I know there are quite a few people that don't like him, but George Carlin back in the day was HILARIOUS!
  18. PrestonFag Member

In Britain, I know that Marcus Bridgestoke has mocked Scientology before- he showed a few clips from the Cruise leaked video on his BBC 4 show 'The Late Edition'- maybe he'd be willing to lend us a little support?
  19. Ten Tigers Member

George Carlin is still funny... (Didn't he do a thing on scientology, once? If he hasn't, he needs to. I'd love to hear him rage...)
  20. pseudonym Member

I think the Daily Show is probably the best bet. Colbert is good but takes his jokes further than the Scis would allow without suing. This means he's unlikely to do it. Jon Stewart could get away with it without compromising himself so much. As much as I like George Carlin, he's not a current prominent figure.

Can anyone find an official Daily Show forum?
  21. Danilov Member

I petition we get Gregg (Boston anon facing 'criminal harassment charge' for protesting) on Daily Show!

(ps, Mencia sucks... he's not funny... no... no he's not.
  22. Azrael Member

mencia is a known liar, and i adivse against associating with any1 as low
    as this prick.
    he steals his jokes (and fucks them up), and hes not a mexican, hes german-honduran.
    worst of all, he committed the onfurgivable sin of stealing from the only real comedian to ever walk the planet: Bill Hicks.

if he were still alive he'd be have been bringing it since februari.

so fuck carlos mencia.
    why not go for his archenemy joe roagan instead?
    this guy has the balls to say whatever is on his mind, and doesnt afraid of obscure topics.
    also we might just end up with some MMA heavyweights on our side :p

also:
    Kathy Griffin allready did some comedy about them,
    and Henrie Rollins mentioned Hubbard in one of his shows.
  23. Re: we need the Mind of Mencia on our side

Ned Holness is a shit comedian and a failure at life. We do not need him on our side, and if anything, he should be anons next target after Scientology is destroyed.
  24. cubby Member

we should just keep doing what we're doing... they'll pick up on it if there are laughs to be made from it, and if there's not they won't want to touch it anyway.
  25. Bakebehe Member

This post is spot on, but really all that needs to be said is 'fuck carlos mencia'