Customize

We need support.

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by AnonymousUndead, Jul 18, 2010.

1. We need support.

No, I don't mean that we are in dire, life-threatening need of support, but credibility is sort of....low when you belong to Anonymous. We need somebodies who are more...legitimate is the word i want here.

Think about it, Scientology is the worlds most epic Pyramid (Or whatever) scheme of all time, scamming people out of money, and taking away peoples lives.

All the while posing as a LEGITIMATE religion.

You all know this, this is nothing new, BUT, what makes me think is, isn't this basically a giant 'fuck you' to every other organized religion on the planet? Scientology is the evil, conniving, moustache-tweedling bad guy of the religious world, being the only 'religion' out there that is basically a parasite, doing nothing for anybody else and basically draining their members of funds and other goodies through various quasi-legitimate means, and then proceeding to throw them away like garbage.

Seriously, why has no other religion declared their anger for this, they're clearly disliked by Catholics (Catholic message board trolling) and I can only imagine how gays feel about this dating site criteria:

Quote:
    * You must be single (single, divorced or widowed) to become a member of FreeSpiritSingles for The Way To Happiness. If you are currently handling a divorce, you may become a member once the divorce is finalized.
    * You agree with the precepts (definition of precept: "A general rule about how to behave or what to think" - Oxford Dictionary of Current English) in The Way To Happiness booklet. If you haven't read the booklet and don't have a copy, you may order one by clicking here: The Way To Happiness: Moral Character Teaching, Good Advice, Ethical Values, Happier Life Virtues
    * You believe that real help is possible and know that you can help others;
    * You believe in and try to be honest and ethical - you believe that cheating, stealing and knowingly breaking laws of the land are not OK;
    * You are not antagonistic towards, but respect religious beliefs and practices of others;
    * You are in good standing with whichever church or religion you are/have been a member of;
    * You believe romantic relationships should be with the opposite sex, and not with ones own.

We really need some religious help to take down this epic tumorcult for good, just imagine, any religious leader, the Pope, The Dali Llama, some other guy, how much ground would the cult have to stand on then?

None. They'd be basically finished.

Any thoughts on the matter?:D
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: We need support.

TL;DR.
  3. Re: We need support.

fine,

TS;DC would be get religious help for better credibility.
  4. DanFTF Member

Sounds good, but it's difficult. I think it's definitely worth making any religious figures we can get in contact with. I remember meeting a monk showing his religion 'the science of self-realization' (no scientology relation). If I saw them again I'd make an effort to make sure they were aware about the cult.
  5. lokimotion Member

While your idea has merit, there is a lot of potential for it to backfire against any legitimate religion that ops to support Project Chanology or Anonymous.

Personally, at the moment, I don't think there would be the support you're seeking. One reason is why condemn another religion when yours have its own problems that it needs to address, i.e. Catholicism and the pedophile priests. Certainly the Vatican has moved at a snail's pace to address the issue, but most for Catholics it hasn't been enough.

Realistically, getting a legitimate religion to condemn Co$ is not going to happen on a large scale. Sure, you might get a rouge minister or preacher to condemn it, but not the entire church anytime soon.

However, I do think that should Anonymous be successful in stripping Co$ of its religious status here in the US, that there might be a shift in attitude towards open criticism of Co$.

Still if you want to get support, I would suggest looking to non-religious organizations and individuals first. Sure, Stephen Colbert takes a jab at the Scilons every now and then. But maybe Anonymous can get someone with a little more credentials to criticize Co$ openly. It might be a pipe-dream, but I'd like to see Richard Dawkins take a jab.
  6. adhocrat Member

two noted Jesuits have written a number of articles about the cult. google Randy Sly and John Coleman. One called the cult "a totalitarian cult, possibly also criminal."
  7. TorontosRoot Member

Needs moar support
  8. Sponge Member

Incidentaly, Richard Dawkins is the VP of the British Humanists Association which has real lobbying powers and is likely to be far more effective than trying to PA religions.
    The Humanist approach is more aligned with what we do than any religion.
  9. Sponge Member

And the articles they've done on scientology stand up on their own merit, regardless of religion.
  10. Re: We need support.

There is little better than individual merit backed up by having a religion.
  11. JohnnyRUClear Member

"Not tonight, dear. I'm having a religion."