Customize

We need a new protest method: The Lightning Raid

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by AnonymousBowler, Apr 19, 2008.

1. We need a new protest method: The Lightning Raid

Crosspost from ThinkTank:

I've been seeing reports regarding Scilons evacuating their "churches" whenever we have a planned protest. This is an issue, but it's often problematic to coordinate enough people's schedules to make an effective raid, hence the monthly protests.

However, what if we change the premise of scheduling the raid? Rather than waiting for a pre-determined time, which the CoS can see on the Enturbulation forums, why not just do one when you have enough people?

Let's say 15 people is the right number for a raid. When via forums private messaging, IM, e-mail, or telephone you know there will be at least 15 people available, make that raid!

Bring flyers, masks, etc. and go for it! The Scilons won't see it coming. Make sure to bring plenty of Reconnect-themed signs because it sounds like those are the ones they really, really, don't want their deluded church members to see because of the emotional content.

Whaddya think?
  2. unidentified Member

Re: We need a new protest method: The Lightning Raid

The problem is that some people travel a long time to get to each raid. For many it's worth doing if you're with a large group, but to travel all that distance to have maybe 10 other people turn up isn't as fun. It also lacks the ability to get the media interested etc.

Mini-raids are cool and if people want to go and randomly do one then I'm not saying don't, but I don't think we should abandon the regular raids in preference for them.

The old guard etc have been protesting for years and years with, I'm sad to say, little success. We're starting to see success. The old guard are certainly better at engaging scientologists and are better at orating generally than most of us - the reason we're seeing success is BECAUSE of our numbers. We need to keep the numbers up.
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

4. eksef Member

Way too complicated, our raids still attract attention and educate people. Our protests are working well so far, let's not try to change things YET.

If in one year we feel strong about trying new things, let's.
  5. Pacifist Member

What we did today was sort of a flash raid. Four of us got together and rained all over Scientology's lulz, with only about an hour to prepare and get there. It worked great.

We don't need to wait a year to do this kind of shit. It's not hard nor complicated. It's spontaneous. Like someone else said, keep the major protests strong, and everything else is icing on the delicious and oh-so moist cake.
  6. Harbinger Member

It only takes a very small amount to have the Scilons packing. A minimum of three, or four as the post above mentions, will do the trick. Split fliers three-way while heavily duct taping picket signs to their backs. Kill two birds with one stone.
  7. Re: We need a new protest method: The Lightning Raid

This is what I'm talkin' 'about. :) I was just thinking we need to coordinate raids via the groups, but not necessarily on the forums; just message people you know are local and avoid posting to the forums where Scilons can see it.
  8. Re: We need a new protest method: The Lightning Raid

I'm up for wandering over to the local mission at the drop of a hat. Monthly = priority, flashraids = bonus lulz. Yup.
  9. exanon Member

If people have the inclination to arrange extra protests among Anon cells, why not?

The more, the better I say!
  10. PLyTheMan Member

This is exactly the kind of thing I love. Obviously we'd still have monthly raids but organizing a flash raid isn't hard at all. At least not in my neck of the woods where we have a pretty good group in IRC most days. Just walking by the org when out flyering you can see all the scilons start racing for their cameras and jumping into action. Its pretty hillarious.

However, I'm not going near the org anymore (for the time being at least) with Gregg going to trial for harrasment I don't want to add fuel to their legal fire. Also, I'd worry about them bringing it up and using it to screw over our permit process for the real raid. Although I wonder how getting a permit for 10-15 people on as short term notice as possible would work. Maybe if the protest isn't advertised on the tubes the scilons still wont expect us.