Customize

Ways to make their checks bounce

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by GuyFux, Apr 3, 2008.

1. GuyFux Member

Ways to make their checks bounce

Hitting them where it hurts: The pocket book.

1. Given the ol' editeroo

2. The WCW factor: This is going to take a while to explain.

You see, back in the early 90's, the pro wrestling world was hit with a huge shock, when Ted Turner announced his purchase of Jim Crockett's NWA, which eventually became WCW (or in my example, the Co$). WWF's (Anonymous in this example) owner, Vince McMahon (we have no leader, so no example. LMAO), knew he simply could not compete with Ted Turner's resources, and many critics agreed. However, he had one thing that WCW wanted: Hulk Hogan (the people we're trying to convince).

Eventually, Hulk Hogan jumped from WWF to WCW and without a top draw, WWF's ratings eventually slipped down the tubes, while WCW was riding high at the top. The WWF had to resort to campy/cheesy gimmicks in a failed attempt to draw ratings.

Until one man, Vince Russo stepped forward and said "Vince (McMahon), this is not working". What Russo had proposed, was a more edgy product that had a more realistic feel to it. It became known as WWF's "Attitude Era". The Attitude Era shot WWF's ratings up to the point to where in April of 1998...WWF's ratings were HIGHER.

One distinct quality of the Attitude Era (besides it's more extreme product) was that the WWF took many shots at the campiness of WCW's product and personalities, in a non-defamatory way, all the while portraying it's superior product as more realistic, less bullshit, and a product more relatable to people in general.

WCW attempted (with Goldberg or in this case, in relation to Scientology he'd be Tom Cruise) to take the WWF's growing popularity away, but it was no use. In 2001, WCW closed it's doors, and Ted Turner sold the company to the Vince McMahon.

What I'm getting at is this: To show the severity of the Co$'s crimes is VERY important, but we also need to show how utterly ridiculous they are, as well as their celebrity robots and their attitude towards it, in a human/non-defamatory way.

3. Tax-Exempt Status:

Big duh here.

4. Boycotts

I know it's going to be really hard for me to boycott The Simpsons (among many other things), but to me it's a worthy sacrifice.

5. YouTube Ads? LMAO!

Encourage YouTubers to click on the Google ads (if any show up) via proxy and immediately exit the site on the video description.

I'll think of some more ways, but any input welcome. Anyone else have any ideas?
  2. Gunslinger Member

Re: Ways to make their checks bounce

1. Yes

2. You totally lost me on this one.

3. I agree.

4. You gotta do what you gotta do.

5. I'm too ignorant of how this works to have an opinion.

6. ????

7. Profit
  3. GuyFux Member

Yes as in it would be wrong to do it, or yes as in it's a good idea? (not really familiar with bandwidth laws).
  4. Gunslinger Member

I stand by my answer.
  5. Gunslinger Member

But seriuosly, I think it would be not only unethical, but most likely illegal. At least considered "sabotage" don't you think?
  6. GuyFux Member

Good point. I'll give it the post the ol' editeroo now.
  7. anonypuffs Member

defeating all their failsuits

*also*

imo #2 refers to converting scilon celebrities away from it. it would be very hard but an epic win if that happened.
  8. GuyFux Member

#2 is also in regards to people who have had the wrong forms of "tolerance" shoved down their throats to the point to where they actually believe in Scientology's legitimacy.
  9. Gunslinger Member

Converting Celebrities currently "in" Scientology - especially the ones who do public events like Jenna Elfman, Catherine Bell, Anne Archer (hey, they're all chicks!) and others - would be very difficult.

It's not just that they are as misled as the "rank and file" Scienotolgists (and in Elfman's case, crazier than a crap fight in a monkey house), but they are also so thoroughly "insulated" from any kind of outside influence. This is true for most Celebrities - Scientologist or not.

The first step would be to get more non-Scientologist Celebrities to be more willing to become Anti-Scientologists, like Matt Stone and Trey Parker, Kathy Griffin and others. If contemporaries to Cruise, Elfman, Travolta and Beck were to "come on board" in protesting the abuses of the Scientology Organization (people like Bruce Willis, Minnie Driver, Jim Carrey, Sting) then there would be a "balance" between the PR machine of the CoS and caring, informed people with clout who want to see the abuses stop.

The problem with this, of course, is the fact that Activism for Celebrities is a tricky thing. If it's Activism that's "popular" or "easy," well, then, they're IN. Things like the Rain Forest, War, Famine, Spinal Meningitis - these are things nobody likes (That's right - nobody like's the Rain Forest), and it's considered "noble" to be negative in these cases.

But many people - Celebrity or not - are still iffy on taking on what the IRS, at least, still considers a "Religion." In fact, I don't even remember subjects like the Catholic Priest Molestation of Altar Boys getting much Celeberity protest other than from Comedians - who probably donated to the Catholic Church out of sheer appreciation for giving them so much material.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get high-profile Celebrities to side with us openly until we can either expose a HUGE criminal act on the part of the Scientology Organization (I mean something dealing with cruel and unusal treatment of children or the outright murder of a critic or member with strong evidence to back it up) and/or get the U.S. Government to review and revoke the special and illegal Tax Exempt status the CoS currently enjoys. Once that happens, the fight will become more "popular" with the Media, and the next thing you know, we'll have shit loads of actors, politicians and VH1 rockers jumping on the bandwagon and acting like they were champions of the Cause all along.

It sucks, but the days of having our own "Tom Cruise" may still be some ways away.
  10. GuyFux Member

Jeff Monson. UFC Fighter, Anarchist, and heavy against capitalism/class division. Very outspoken about it too.
  11. Gunslinger Member

Very outspoken about capitalism and class division? Or very outspoken about Scientology?

Just because he's willing to go on record about one thing - something he obviously has a personal belief in - doesn't necessarily mean that he would be on board with what we're doing.
  12. GuyFux Member

Outspoken about capitalism and corruption. Maybe if he saw the evidence of the Co$ being a corrupt organization, it may trigger his interest. And he has a degree in psychology. He's infamous about speaking his mind on government, religion, and class division in pre and post fight interviews.

These interviews may give you a little insight into how passionate he is:
    http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20060307113654831
    http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20060316175518589

Here is another article.
    http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20070219124656895

This line sums him up: "I am an anarchist, someone who would like to do away with all class hierarchy in society and the institutions that promote this inequality. "
  13. Gunslinger Member

Then you know what? Drop him a line. It couldn't hurt. Reach out to that side of him that cares about Equality and Justice and not being afraid of Power and Money and Intimidation. Hell, if he gets involved, he may spread the word in his circle of influence and who knows? The people he tells may have other, wider circles of influence outside that particular profession. Next thing you know, there's a steam train heading Scientology's way - with a big ol' smiley face on the cow-catcher and a bunch of wrestlers crammed into the Engineer's House.

I'd pay to see that.
  14. GuyFux Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Given the con of the argument you've presented, I guess contacting him should take a little more thought.
  15. AnonKiwi Member

We need an anonymous wrestler dood!
  16. downstat Member

We need to get google hits for engram or some such word, then a massive digg/internet blitz on "Don't have an engram, man" with a Bart parody site.

I think TC is already written off as a nutjob, but if we can strike a blow against "Bart" and show Bart jumping on the couch and do damage to that franchise then all of Hollywood will stay far away.

It would end their celebrity flow and cash flow.

Even having FOX PR folks running around trying to contain the Bart issue will go a long ways.

- Bart in the NIOJ EHT YVAN episode shooped into SeaOrg
    - "Cowahubbard" posters
    - massive YT campaign
  17. Gunslinger Member

"A little more thought" never hurts - but don't be discouraged. Your idea is a good one. "It's got legs" as we say in the business.
  18. anon23stl Member

YES! AFIK, the way things work is they pay for every click through on an ad. We need to click every time we see an ad and it costs them money.

It's not the same as those clicker bots people do because it's spread out with all of anon, and the only way to stop it is to stop using the ads.

Either they pay or take down the ads, either way is a WIN.
  19. widecat2 Member

This. And parody is fair use, etc. Shoop up something and see what happens. Video might be trickier (nobody wants a court case) but you have a good point about the PR folks.
  20. Re: Ways to make their checks bounce

Yes, comedy is good since they don't know how to deal with it. Everytime they try, they publicly make asses of themselves. Plus, they lose money on legal matters in attempt to do away with the offending lulz.
    Comedy is also appealing to the masses (and therefore the media).
  21. Ten Tigers Member

I agree. Every single time they sue, try to get South Park episodes banned, and attack, they end up being ridiculed. The more they are ridiculed, the more people sit up and take notice. The more they insist on being taken seriously, the more laughter they meet with. Every time Tom Cruise sues someone for saying that he's gay, they get laughed at. The conclusion I'm beginning to draw from this, is that laughter, like sunshine, disinfects. It's all made of WIN!!!
  22. Tony Whent Member

Celebrities may not wish to be ANTI scientology becuase this is all hassle and no gain. Besides, it is important to keep ones options open.

ON THE OTHER HAND Celebrities would wish to be pro free speech and expression. they cannot be artists without it.

It is a matter of how it is presented to them. If they think they are joining in an atack on one of their own kind, they will run a mile.
  23. Re: Ways to make their checks bounce

Truth be told, most celebrities are so egotistical that they only jump onboard things that will further their career. Like sucking on crack pipes. Scientology doesn't fit into any said categories, whether you are part of it, or opposed to it. Not to mention, he's ridiculed in the media (and perhaps by Paramount), but in inner circles, a lot of people are afraid to piss off Tom Cruise. Of course those people aren't awesome like Kathy Griffin, or Chelsea Handler, or Trey and Matt, or Penn & Teller.
  24. Honoraboveall Member

I think instead of getting them to conform, we we find a way to approach them in public and get them to explode on us, giving the poparattzi a chance to take pictures of tom cruise exploding on an innnocent bystandered (tears welcome)
  25. Pirate_Anon Member

We need someone to go to the next red carpet event as media and start calling out questions about fair game, Xenu, and other random things. Essentially, why don't we bullbait the stars like tom Cruise and John Travolta. There is a clip on Youtube, I believe, of a BBC show called Balls of Steel. I don't know if it's still up, but what they used to do was try and interview the stars, only inside the mic was essentially a water gun. It was all good laughs as they would squirt some of the stars and Sharon Osborne even got the camera crew back with a rather LARGE bucket of water. AAAAND then there was Tom Cruise. They squirted him and he flipped out! He got in their faces and had security lead them out. We have to do something like that, only we get the video to make him look worse. Of course the issue of how the hell do we get media passes or whatever we need to do this arises, but since when did limitations stop us?

-Anonymous Pirate
  26. Re: Ways to make their checks bounce

RE: The squirt gun thing: the media didn't think it was funny either.
    RE: red carpets: if you bullbait a star at a premiere, SEM (the Hollywood security company that handles most premieres) will throw your ass out.

HOWEVER, if someone did it like The General's Daughter without pissing off the autograph hounds (seriously Red, STFU), I'm all for it.